PostPosted: 05/18/22 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
this is my team, b*tch. don't try to tell me what to do... Laughing

Yes, but which one said it?

simultaneous?

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/18/22 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know players sometimes have heated discussions but I don't think it should go this far. They were about to fight.. and Skylar's mannerisms on the bench were a bit unnerving, the shaking and her expression. I hope she's doing okay.

PostPosted: 05/18/22 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdrxLsHA1rM/?igshid=YzAyZWRlMzg=

What did I miss here? Preggoy ego and the Bun getting face to face ? Shocked Shocked Shocked But Dallas was the nvm….

Man, I had stepped back from the W for a short time, I've missed so much tea.

I think everyone is still trying to get this tea Laughing Laughing Apparently those two have not been getting a long for a while but managed to keep it under wraps and professional. Guess things came to a head last night with an exchange of words not once but twice on the bench. The cameras caught the 2nd altercation in which SDS refused to be calmed down .

The 2nd? Shocked Shocked

Spill!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/18/22 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trade in the works?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/18/22 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Trade in the works?

Trade who? You're not going to trade the franchise. You gonna get rid of a Top 5 point guard for a player who'll be forty before the end of the season?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/18/22 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What did I miss here? Preggoy ego and the Bun getting face to face ? Shocked Shocked Shocked But Dallas was the nvm….

I think everyone is still trying to get this tea Laughing Laughing Apparently those two have not been getting a long for a while but managed to keep it under wraps and professional. Guess things came to a head last night with an exchange of words not once but twice on the bench. The cameras caught the 2nd altercation in which SDS refused to be calmed down .

The 2nd? Shocked Shocked

Spill!!

Someone on Twitter caught the one that CBSSN didn't: https://twitter.com/msballind/status/1526760549261840386

(for those of you who missed the game, this is the one the cameras caught: https://twitter.com/eliavgabay/status/1526762096666415104)

(now with spelling variations)
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/18/22 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That other angle would have people asking if the league is still playing its games in the wubble

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The 2nd? Shocked Shocked

Spill!!

Someone on Twitter caught the one that CBSSN didn't: https://twitter.com/msballind/status/1526760549261840386

(for those of you who missed the game, this is the one the cameras caught: https://twitter.com/eliavgabay/status/1526762096666415104)

Thanks!

I knew someone would be on it. Oh how I wish we had social media during the Comets heyday so we could've gotten something from Coop/Swoopes Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
That other angle would have people asking if the league is still playing its games in the wubble

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Trade in the works?

Trade who? You're not going to trade the franchise. You gonna get rid of a Top 5 point guard for a player who'll be forty before the end of the season?

Idea Arrow

Although I've seen dumber decisions from the W

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just sayin that it doesn't look good for team morale. And I suspect the team is more behind DT than Sky. But yeah, the only way you trade SDS is to get equal or close to equal value in return.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think if you're the Merc you suffer through the personality conflicts this season unless someone actually gets punched. Things are already weird without Griner. Taurasi's half an inch from retirement. Might as well weather the storm, pray Taurasi retires, pray that Griner gets sprung from jail, and plan for 2023.

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I think if you're the Merc you suffer through the personality conflicts this season unless someone actually gets punched. Things are already weird without Griner. Taurasi's half an inch from retirement. Might as well weather the storm, pray Taurasi retires, pray that Griner gets sprung from jail, and plan for 2023.

I agree - as long as the team doesn't end up being split down the middle. If they're perceived to choose sides, it will be poison for years to come. Maybe they hire a mediator and try to find a way for the two of them to work together. Skylar has never struck me as someone willing to sacrifice her own high opinion of herself...which makes it more difficult.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Yep, yep, yep.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/18/22 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I agree - as long as the team doesn't end up being split down the middle. If they're perceived to choose sides, it will be poison for years to come. Maybe they hire a mediator and try to find a way for the two of them to work together. Skylar has never struck me as someone willing to sacrifice her own high opinion of herself...which makes it more difficult.

Both of them have "strong" personalities. I'm actually surprised they've manage to coexist this long Laughing Skylar's high intensity matched with Diana's lackadaisical approach to certain things can be a recipe for disaster.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/18/22 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Both of them have "strong" personalities. I'm actually surprised they've manage to coexist this long Laughing Skylar's high intensity matched with Diana's lackadaisical approach to certain things can be a recipe for disaster.

...and throw in a rookie head coach that has to stroke these 2 egos in order to keep the peace, and get them do what they are supposed to. I don't envy her.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/18/22 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think y'all are overreacting. Good chemistry is always combustible.

PostPosted: 05/18/22 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

as exhibited by your team last year Razz

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/18/22 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

And as Mark Jones always said, "pressure busts pipes" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/18/22 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But also, pressure creates Diamonds!

PostPosted: 05/18/22 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
But also, pressure creates Diamonds!

Goodnight Laughing Laughing Laughing

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/19/22 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Yeah, it happens.

Didn’t the two of them spend an off season working out together? Just the other game, I mentioned that they compliment each other really well.

If it was a long term thing it would have happened behind closed doors. They’re both just feisty players with a lot on their mind.

PostPosted: 05/19/22 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/msballind/status/1526798689070485504?s=20&t=yFob44wpYvHrD7TjjD6-ew

PostPosted: 05/19/22 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://twitter.com/msballind/status/1526798689070485504?s=20&t=yFob44wpYvHrD7TjjD6-ew

Why’d one of the comments mention something between Sky and Sophie? 🤔

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: