35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/11/22 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Thought VN was about to go fight January Laughing

What happened?? We were being shown replays and then Elise was laughing about January messing around. I thought she said it was something between January and Taurasi.

January threw a ball at Taurasi when Diana was turned the other way and Vanessa basically charged the court lol.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/11/22 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
mercfan wrote:
I got my eye on Gustafson. Phoenix might be a real good spot for her to make people regret cutting her early.

Absolutely love what she has shown so far. Aggressive when pursuing rebounds and constant energy.

I'm probably the biggest Gustafson fan on the board so I'm glad she's playing decently. Her touch around the basket is as good as anyone's, and she works hard on the glass despite being undersized as a true 5 in this league and not super athletic. Her limitation is on defense. She struggles to stay in front of her player on defense, and opposing offenses have been abusing her inability to guard ball screens. The foul trouble was annoying tonight though as I agreed with the TV crew that there were some phantom calls against her as well as other players.

I actually think her defense will come around eventually. Once she understands the defensive scheme and gets to her spots I would expect to see some improvement there. Either way, I think she can prove to be pretty useful off the bench.

I hope so! And I think you're right that there will be some marginal improvements as she adjusts to the team. Problem is the first two WNBA organizations that gave her a chance ran out of patience. So here's to the third time being the charm!

mercfan wrote:
And just ask pilight, you don’t have to play d in Phoenix.

Laughing

PostPosted: 05/11/22 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Thought VN was about to go fight January Laughing

What happened?? We were being shown replays and then Elise was laughing about January messing around. I thought she said it was something between January and Taurasi.

January threw a ball at Taurasi when Diana was turned the other way and Vanessa basically charged the court lol.

I think that's basically what Elise said, but she left out the part about Vanessa reaction. January is usually a bit more...discreet with the crap she pulls.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/11/22 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fortunately, I hung onto Amazon Prime Video (a standalone of Amazon Prime) after I watched the "Mad about You" reboot (yeah, I admit it) - that allowed me to watch the game live. The bummer is that you can't rewind (as I do a lot because I miss stuff) during live games. I caught the end of the third and all of the fourth quarter. The game will later be available on demand.

It was so great to see Diamond doing well! Gustafson might finally have her time to shine (and stick).

PostPosted: 05/12/22 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When did the Storm bring back Raina Perez, 7 day contract?

PostPosted: 05/12/22 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
When did the Storm bring back Raina Perez, 7 day contract?

They signed her yesterday as a hardship. She lives in Phoenix, so she was nearby.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: