44%  [ 8 ]
Wings
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I'm glad the Dream hung on because that Parker ejection seemed like total BS to me

You had to see it in person she literally kicked the shit out of Thornton who knows how to sell a call might I add. Tonight was intense love the crowds energy I’ve never been that vocal and loud/comfortable at a game.

Edited Thornton you dramatic lady you Laughing Laughing

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/08/22 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok Lil T? Wink or how about T.Mc . I can't possibly remember how to spell her first name and can't look it up every time she is mentioned.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Arike can win some for you. And she can also lose some. Like this one.

Don’t think she lost the game this is one of the games where I wish she would have asserted herself earlier. Ty Harris brought our offense to a stand still and Jefferson did absolutely nothing. Mabrey is our PG but also our 2nd best offensive option without Sabally or McCowan. I’m also over the Collier experiment as well she’s not tough enough to bang with the bigs in the W imo.

yeah, Mabrey and Burton looked much better than either Harris or MoJeff. But when Arike shoots 3-14, 1-5 from three and has six TOs, it's hard not to point a finger that way.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ok Lil T? Wink or how about T.Mc . I can't possibly remember how to spell her first name and can't look it up every time she is mentioned.

She made it clear on instagram live she despises anyone who calls her Big T Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
I'm glad the Dream hung on because that Parker ejection seemed like total BS to me

You had to see it in person she literally kicked the shit out of Thornton who knows how to sell a call might I add. Tonight was intense love the crowds energy I’ve never been that vocal and loud/comfortable at a game.

FWIW I thought the "kick" appeared accidental, and not particularly forceful.

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Don’t think she lost the game this is one of the games where I wish she would have asserted herself earlier. Ty Harris brought our offense to a stand still and Jefferson did absolutely nothing. Mabrey is our PG but also our 2nd best offensive option without Sabally or McCowan. I’m also over the Collier experiment as well she’s not tough enough to bang with the bigs in the W imo.

yeah, Mabrey and Burton looked much better than either Harris or MoJeff. But when Arike shoots 3-14, 1-5 from three and has six TOs, it's hard not to point a finger that way.

Arike played to me as if she wanted to feel out how the others players stepped up versus being the go to option. Mabrey is a baller and the only reason she came in after Harris and MoJeff is bc VJ wanted one last look before she makes that hard cut .

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She made it clear on instagram live she despises anyone who calls her Big T Laughing Laughing Laughing

ok, I don't mind being despised. Laughing So long as I don't meet her in a bar brawl. I think I'd rather be on her side in that case. Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Arike played to me as if she wanted to feel out how the others players stepped up versus being the go to option. Mabrey is a baller and the only reason she came in after Harris and MoJeff is bc VJ wanted one last look before she makes that hard cut .

Mayberry is a baller (In my Penny Toler voice) Laughing

Which one of Harris and MoJeff would you rather keep?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/07/22 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She who will not be mentioned. My name is Nobody.

PostPosted: 05/07/22 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Teaira McCowan requests not to be called something, I will listen to the 6-7 lady who knows where to get a sword. Same deal with Sylvia Fowles and not wanting to be called Big Syl; if someone knows exactly how to deal with a dead body, do not piss them off.

PostPosted: 05/08/22 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Impressed with Howard- she didn't have a great scoring night but still found a way to impact the game on both ends of the floor and finished with 16pts 4blks in her rookie debut. I love her size and once she's gets comfortable enough to start using it to get to the basket, she'll be a problem.

Wallace was impressive too, looked like the best passer of both teams. Atlanta won't be good but should at least be fun this year.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/08/22 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They need to cut MoJeff and Collier.... and keep Dickey. Even though I don't trust their guts to dumb Collier it needs to happen. Harrison & KT can spell McGowan

Loved this Awak. She's still skinny but you can see the added muscle and new confidence in her.

Something changed from the preseason to last night with this team

Howard was impactful but I still have Smith winning ROY.

PostPosted: 05/08/22 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ok new candidates for worse commentators of the year award.

No one's worse than Rucko & Lobo. Had to mute the Sun vs Lib game

They are one of the few pairs I don't like but since they are on ESPN they must be considered the best per focus groups or producer opinions.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/08/22 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristy Wallace looked surprisingly quick/fast. Don't remember that in the few times I saw her at Baylor. But she looked at least a couple of inches shorter than her " listed 5'11" " height, but when she was guarding the same listed height Mabrey it looked like maybe only an inch shorter but I think she seems smaller because she doesn't have long arms or legs.

Last edited by tfan on 05/08/22 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/08/22 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Ughh. The only person on the team close to respectable shooting way Mabrey. Hers was a solid 50% given they could do next to nothing to help each other play offense.

Burton seems like a good pick up. By the end of the game I trusted her handles and her energy.

I think VJ gets the blame here. Why go back to the same crappy 5 to start the second half after getting it close.

Arike, WTF. Got you bag, now you’re not bothered to play?

Why are they playing with 4 pg’s and no posts other than Izzy and Awak? Again VJ, why cut Unique? Obvie we didn’t get to see her play, but I recall her being strong at Auburn.

This game IMO came down to being bullied in the post. Hope McCowan is the answer or this is again going to be a long season.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/08/22 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
This Dream team doesn't look like a team that's going to win many games this year. If it weren't for Indiana, this could have been a contest for the basement.

Considering they were missing their best player they didn't look that terrible

Hot take: the Atlanta Dream are, and pretty much always have been, better without Tiffany Hayes.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/22 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

I think VJ gets the blame here. Why go back to the same crappy 5 to start the second half after getting it close.

In one of the few moments I had the tube off mute, I thought Regan said one of the more laughable inanities - something to the effect that by starting the same 5 in the second half VJ was showing them that she trusted them...

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/08/22 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the video of the "kick":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1WZutBMHD8&t=331s

The play was physical for sure and looked like more of a scrum than an intentional action. I suppose the call was because it was a blow to the head? I missed this game so I'm not sure how things had been throughout.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/08/22 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
]

Again VJ, why cut Unique? Obvie we didn’t get to see her play, but I recall her being strong at Auburn.

This game IMO came down to being bullied in the post. Hope McCowan is the answer or this is again going to be a long season.

Like I said - no balls to make the right decisions. Whether its her or Greg or both collectively. Collier should've been dump over Thompson. I want Dickey's scoring but would take double double Thompson to bang in the paint

PostPosted: 05/08/22 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
]

Again VJ, why cut Unique? Obvie we didn’t get to see her play, but I recall her being strong at Auburn.

Like I said - no balls to make the right decisions. Whether its her or Greg or both collectively. Collier should've been dump over Thompson. I want Dickey's scoring but would take double double Thompson to bang in the paint

It’s not too late. I’m sure if she were asked she’s come back.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/08/22 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
]

It’s not too late. I’m sure if she were asked she’s come back.

Hell, yeah she'd come back. But alas, they're praying that Collier gets a grasp from the bench.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Arike played to me as if she wanted to feel out how the others players stepped up versus being the go to option. Mabrey is a baller and the only reason she came in after Harris and MoJeff is bc
Quote:
VJ wanted one last look before she makes that hard cut

Thank you MoJeff Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: