RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamecock1

PostPosted: 05/26/22 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never Mind Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Gamecock1 on 05/26/22 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Gamecock1

PostPosted: 05/26/22 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
I'm excited to see how South Carolina handles being the king of the hill, and defending their national title - something they really haven't much experience with. Their first title, they lost 60% of their starting unit in Coates, Gray, and Davis, and despite returning top player A'ja Wilson, they didn't really have enough depth to make a valid run beyond what they actually accomplished (Elite Eight appearance).

For 22-23, they lost Henderson, but return 80% of their starting unit, plus a handful of talented reserves who are itching to get more minutes themselves. But the target will now be even more stapled to their backs, and it will be interesting to see if the team maintains the same focus after winning it all, compared to the focus they had after losing in the FF the previous season by 1 point........
With the addition of Watkins and Cooper that should make us the favorite....but the UCONN fiasco last year is a reminder that things can get bad quick.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 05/26/22 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to watching the Big 12 return to something that should be a force in womens basketball.

OU/ISU- Could possibly be the two most explosive offenses in college basketball. Both improved in the paint as well, so defense could poentially improve as well.

Texas- Has reloaded in the image of Vic. Should be their best team in Austin during his tenure if they all stay healthy.

Baylor/Texas/K-State/Kansas- Returned all their players with no meaningful addition, or were able to replace the production lost. I would look for all to be at least as god as they were last year.

Tech/OK State- Lose some inefficient scorers and role players, gain some talent that fits what each coach is trying to do. Should be competitive and represent the league in the WNIT.

TCU- Should without a doubt be Pebley's last year, so there's hope in the future despite what should be a dismal year.

WVU- About halfway through roster construction so jury is still out.

This is a conference that could squeeze 6, maybe 7 depending on OK State and Tech's play, into March Madness, with 4 strong contenders to make it past the Sweet 16.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
I'm looking forward to watching the Big 12 return to something that should be a force in womens basketball.

OU/ISU- Could possibly be the two most explosive offenses in college basketball. Both improved in the paint as well, so defense could poentially improve as well.

Texas- Has reloaded in the image of Vic. Should be their best team in Austin during his tenure if they all stay healthy.

Baylor/Texas/K-State/Kansas- Returned all their players with no meaningful addition, or were able to replace the production lost. I would look for all to be at least as god as they were last year.

Tech/OK State- Lose some inefficient scorers and role players, gain some talent that fits what each coach is trying to do. Should be competitive and represent the league in the WNIT.

TCU- Should without a doubt be Pebley's last year, so there's hope in the future despite what should be a dismal year.

This is a conference that could squeeze 6, maybe 7 depending on OK State and Tech's play, into March Madness, with 4 strong contenders to make it past the Sweet 16.

When are Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC? (Not that I wish they would, quite the opposite, but here we are.)

PostPosted: 05/26/22 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

When are Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC? (Not that I wish they would, quite the opposite, but here we are.)

Last I heard was when the GoR actually expires(summer 2025). I see it more likely they play one year(23-24) with the incoming schools then leave.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Last I heard was when the GoR actually expires(summer 2025). I see it more likely they play one year(23-24) with the incoming schools then leave.

I wish they would stay where they are. I don't think anyone in Tennessee want them in the SEC. We didn't want Mizzou and TAMU either but here we are.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

I wish they would stay where they are. I don't think anyone in Tennessee want them in the SEC. We didn't want Mizzou and TAMU either but here we are.

PostPosted: 05/27/22 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Guess it's still possible, just very unlikely. If they did stay, the Big 12 would finally be back somewhat in a position of strength

PostPosted: 05/27/22 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

25-26 season according to Wikipedia

"Future members
On July 27, 2021, Oklahoma and Texas formally notified the SEC they were seeking "an invitation for membership" beginning July 1, 2025.[12] On July 29, 2021, the presidents of the current 14 schools of the SEC voted unanimously to extend an offer of admission to Oklahoma and Texas.[13] On July 30, 2021, both institutions' boards of regents unanimously voted to accept the invitation, effective for the 2025–26 academic year. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Conference#Future_members

Howee

PostPosted: 05/27/22 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:

"Future members:
On July 27, 2021, Oklahoma and Texas formally notified the SEC they were seeking "an invitation for membership" beginning July 1, 2025.[12] On July 29, 2021, the presidents of the current 14 schools of the SEC voted unanimously to extend an offer of admission to Oklahoma and Texas.[13] On July 30, 2021, both institutions' boards of regents unanimously voted to accept the invitation, effective for the 2025–26 academic year. "

This means that there will be 16 schools at that point. Now, I know that the SEC has an East/West division already, right? Do they already (or will they) have the scheduling thing where East schools only play West schools once, and other East teams twice? I never followed the SEC that closely but for their best games during the season, nor have any rooting interest in any particular team.

PostPosted: 05/28/22 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Guess it's still possible, just very unlikely. If they did stay, the Big 12 would finally be back somewhat in a position of strength
It will cost them around 80 million (two years of their media rights no matter when they leave, some say negotiated to less) to join a conference that will pay them more than 100 million a year if media rights....no...it's going to happen.

Gamecock1

PostPosted: 05/28/22 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

It will cost them around 80 million (two years of their media rights no matter when they leave, some say negotiated to less) to join a conference that will pay them more than 100 million a year for the media rights....no...it's going to happen.

Gamecock1

PostPosted: 05/28/22 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecock1 wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

It will cost them around 80 million (two years of their media rights no matter when they leave, some say negotiated to less) to join a conference that will pay them more than 100 million a year for the media rights....no...it's going to happen.
Also ESPN owes Texas about 160 million in future Longhorn Network money that could be used to compensate the Big 12 for the exit of those two schools....

okstateguy

PostPosted: 05/28/22 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecock1 wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

I agree with you on that..but until contracts are signed, it ain't a done deal.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: