Board Junkies Forums

2023 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/09/23 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
I can see Mike T staying at #4 and selecting a player or trading the #4 pick for top value.. I believe the Mystics need a Wing Forward who can shoot 3s

So does Dallas along with a PG . Maybe Mike T is ready to Shop Tash ? She enjoys being in Dallas a lot even without significant others playing on the squad anymore...ijs Laughing

Not saying this will happen but I'm tossing this into the Board Thread, what would the Wings be willing to give the Mystics for Natasha Cloud

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/09/23 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas would have to send back someone on at least a little bit of salary because Cloud contract is 190k

My first thought was Sabally and #5

But that does short Washington at pg

It might seem like an overpay but maybe

Sabally and Dangerfield for Cloud

Cloud could be the missing piece for a Dallas championship run and they would still have pick 3 and or pick 5 depending on which trade they make to fortify their wing position in Sabally’s absence

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/09/23 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas
Cloud/Burton
Ogunbowale/Dickey
Deshields/Pick 3/ pick 5(two of Jackson, Miller, Horston, Jones)
Howard/kuier
McCowan/brown/collier

Washington
Dangerfield/Westbrook or Jones
Atkins/SWK
Sykes/Sabally
EDD/MHA/pick 4 Siegrist, Jones or Jackson
Austin/Zahui B

It would be an interesting option for both teams I can also see reasons why both teams might choose to pass on the trade

Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/23 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately Cloud isn’t going anywhere. Thibault knows she was a key piece to their championship season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/12/23 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Unfortunately Cloud isn’t going anywhere. Thibault knows she was a key piece to their championship season.

Thank you! I think MHA is more realistic of a trade.

PostPosted: 03/12/23 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Shades wrote:

No need for MHA I’d rather just draft Maddi Williams out of OU. Younger cheaper and same skill set if not better already .

PostPosted: 03/12/23 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the era of big draft-day trades involving higher-end (or at least higher-paid) veterans is probably a bygone one. the hard salary caps and upped player salaries just don’t allow for much to happen once the free agency gold rush period is over.

awhom111

PostPosted: 03/12/23 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wrote about something that will not happen in this draft, a player being drafted from a Canadian school:
https://wbasketballblog.com/2023/03/12/the-wnba-drafting-a-player-directly-from-canada/
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/13/23 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
I wrote about something that will not happen in this draft, a player being drafted from a Canadian school:
https://wbasketballblog.com/2023/03/12/the-wnba-drafting-a-player-directly-from-canada/

Great article , i love Toby's game and her dunking aggressiveness but i do think she needs to play a few more years before declaring for the WNBA . She needs more time.

PostPosted: 03/13/23 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp so much for my rickea jackson in a wings UNI idea this year , shes returning to tennessee for the covid year Embarassed Embarassed

Does horston take the same path ?

PostPosted: 03/13/23 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp so much for my rickea jackson in a wings UNI idea this year , shes returning to tennessee for the covid year Embarassed Embarassed

I'm surprised that Rickea is taking the 5th year...I believe she would of done well in the WNBA this year...

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35851546/tennessee-leading-scorer-rickea-jackson-returning-5th-year

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/13/23 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I'm surprised that Rickea is taking the 5th year...I believe she would of done well in the WNBA this year...

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35851546/tennessee-leading-scorer-rickea-jackson-returning-5th-year

Yeah but she may be even higher of a pick next season . Clark most likely goes #1 Miles returns and i think Beuckers goes 2 more seasons as well . Rickea could end up #2 depending on Lee's status as well as what Brink & Cardoso decide ? My question is what do other seniors this season decide and when . Rumor on Tennessee's board is Jordan Horston is next to announce a return . All could be legit W players right now , lets say Boston decides the same is she ridiculed by GM's for not wanting to go to indiana or praised because she utilized all her eligibility in college ?

PostPosted: 03/13/23 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Shades wrote:

No need for MHA I’d rather just draft Maddi Williams out of OU. Younger cheaper and same skill set if not better already .

PostPosted: 03/13/23 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Dallas
Cloud/Burton
Ogunbowale/Dickey
Deshields/Pick 3/ pick 5(two of Jackson, Miller, Horston, Jones)
Howard/kuier
McCowan/brown/collier

Washington
Dangerfield/Westbrook or Jones
Atkins/SWK
Sykes/Sabally
EDD/MHA/pick 4 Siegrist, Jones or Jackson
Austin/Zahui B

It would be an interesting option for both teams I can also see reasons why both teams might choose to pass on the trade

Dickey & Collier have seen their last days in a Wings uniform 👀

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/13/23 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Yeah I saw that...I couldn't believe it😤

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/13/23 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SPD wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Yeah but she may be even higher of a pick next season . Clark most likely goes #1 Miles returns and i think Beuckers goes 2 more seasons as well . Rickea could end up #2 depending on Lee's status as well as what Brink & Cardoso decide ? My question is what do other seniors this season decide and when . Rumor on Tennessee's board is Jordan Horston is next to announce a return . All could be legit W players right now , lets say Boston decides the same is she ridiculed by GM's for not wanting to go to indiana or praised because she utilized all her eligibility in college ?

If Horston does the same thing this draft is useless for us in my opinion!!!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/13/23 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SPD wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If Horston does the same thing this draft is useless for us in my opinion!!!

I can see Bibb drafting Jones or Joens.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/13/23 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston staying another year would be devastating to Indy

Not only would they lose their clear cut #1 pick at a position of need bit with both Bostona and Jackson and possibly Horston out the 7 pick becomes much less valuable

If both Jackson and Horston are returning for another year I agree that Dallas has some hard choices, best case IMO would be Minny going with H. Jones which I could see happening as I really like the Jones/Collier combo in the future and Dallas getting Miller could still be a good fit

just for fun if Jackson and Horston return

1. Indy Boston (Don't even want to imagine what happens to Indy if Boston returns)
2. Minny H. Jones
3. Dallas Miller
4. Wash Siegrist
5. Dallas Joens (PS I like Joens so not the worst IMO but I doubt Dallas fans would be psyched)
6. Atl Kitley
7. Indy Berger?
8. Atl Cooke? (I also like Cooke more than most and think she could play some SG or PG at the next level)

good news for Dallas the 2024 pick they got from Chicago and their own 2024 pick just got more valuable

theoretically 2024 could have Clark, Bueckers, Reese, Brink, Jackson, Horston, Lee, Cardosa, Key, Van Lith ( and for Indy's sake hopefully not Boston)

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/13/23 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there's a good chance Aliyah Boston won't enter the 2023 WNBA Draft, she's already making over 100K in NILs and enjoying Charter Jet Flights while with South Carolina.

https://justwomenssports.com/reads/aliyah-boston-south-carolina-wnba-nil/#:~:text=Boston%20has%20an%20extra%20year,the%20Greenville%20(S.C.)%20News.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/14/23 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

speaking of for sure draft-eligible prospects, Natasha Cloud, and maybe other topics on this particular page of the thread: Sedona Prince was recently in the current AU capital of the world, Dallas, hanging out with Cloud. she is quoted as being "happier than ever". 😊 i'd still like to hear her name called next month!

toad455

PostPosted: 03/14/23 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/2023-wnba-mock-draft-3-0-march-madness-edition/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/14/23 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/2023-wnba-mock-draft-3-0-march-madness-edition/

I could be wrong I don't think the Mystics will draft Haley Jones. The last time the Mystics had somewhat success with a Pac 1o player they drafted it was Niki Blue a 2nd round pick in the 2006 WNBA Draft. Also, Mike T has said over and over again they're looking for someone who can hit from beyond the 3-point circle.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/14/23 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if SC doesn't win, i can see boston returning... if i remember correctly from last year, don't players have 48 or 24 hours from their last game to decide?

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/14/23 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

would a player like siegrist stay the same way a. joens did last year? she could be a role player in the W or be a star for another year and give herself a chance to get better and win more...

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/14/23 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
if SC doesn't win, i can see boston returning... if i remember correctly from last year, don't players have 48 or 24 hours from their last game to decide?

I think if South Carolina wins Boston will come back for a chance to win 3 straight NCAA WBB Championships.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 18 of 26

Jump to: