RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Connecticut vs #1 North Carolina St - 3/28/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Connecticut
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
North Carolina St
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This crying shaking session is what espn wanted …I appreciate Geno for what he’s done for the game but he’s not the only one at the point. Wes Moore deserves his shout out but you will never hear about it. Proud of UCONN but
Goodluck against the TREE Shocked Razz

Ex-Ref wrote:
Anybody that says that was a fair contest is full of shit.

So a uconn fan?

Iluvacc

blaase22 wrote:
Geez Auriemma looks 80.

To say this season has been a grind is an understatement

Last edited by Iluvacc on 03/28/22 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Geez Auriemma looks 80.

He looks and sounds like somebody who's about to retire

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lobo and Ruocco should not be allowed to call UConn games on national television, which ESPN is, EVER. They have no semblance of impartiality and it’s not fair to the rest of the country to have to listen to it. Also, I have nothing against Paige Bueckers, but I cannot stand the constant drooling over her. And Lobo, of course, leads the drool brigade. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw a whole lot of empty seats during yesterday's games. You should be thanking your lucky stars there's a fanbase loyal enough to get the sport to where it is today and keep it this way

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wowzer. THAT was the most exciting, nail-biting UConn game I can recall. BIG play after BIG play after BIG play by both teams.

Probably the toughest loss for NCST ever.

Tragic injury for Juhasz.
goforit77

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Wowzer. THAT was the most exciting, nail-biting UConn game I can recall. BIG play after BIG play after BIG play by both teams.

If Uconn had been in the region they earned(Greensboro) then I think State fans could swallow that loss easier....But to have the season they had and put in Bridgeport was unfair. The committee should just admit UConn will always be in Bridgeport and be truthful about it. If its about $$ then say so....

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NC State has a ton of heart, and are a much better team than the sun of their parts. I absolutely love Perez.

I said it last year, and I’ll say it again, Paige Bueckers is the first Husky I’ve ever seen and though “She can take Husky Goat away from Diana.”.. that was pure GOAT behavior , and again..a lot of heart.

You know who else played a hell of a game, Aaliyah. Despite the bonehead play, she won the game for UConn in the second OT. Look at her, making layups and everything.

Was it fair that NC State played in CT? No. Was there any court in the country where NC state would have a bigger fan base present than Uconn? Also probably no.

A lot of wcbb fans of other teams seem to want the same recognition and advantages that come from being a historic program that has won more NCs than any other team in history. That’s not how it works. Yup, seeding and media exposure is about money. Successful programs make money. One thing I respect about Staley, is that she doesn’t complain about UConn - she went and earned the recognition and advantages.

PostPosted: 03/28/22 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
I saw a whole lot of empty seats during yesterday's games. You should be thanking your lucky stars there's a fanbase loyal enough to get the sport to where it is today and keep it this way

Meh there wouldn’t be if the games were just an hour away from Palo Alto or Columbia Laughing

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Geez Auriemma looks 80.

It wouldn’t surprise me if He retires when Paige leaves.

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn went from being 0-5 in OT to being the only team in tournament history to win a 2OT game

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Geez Auriemma looks 80.

That's what I thought when he said something about being nauseous because you don't know how many more you have.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Sit ONO down.

She tried to sit herself down, but the refs just wouldn't call that 5th foul.

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was it fair that NC State played in CT? No. Was there any court in the country where NC state would have a bigger fan base present than Uconn? Also probably no.

A lot of wcbb fans of other teams seem to want the same recognition and advantages that come from being a historic program that has won more NCs than any other team in history. That’s not how it works. Yup, seeding and media exposure is about money. Successful programs make money. One thing I respect about Staley, is that she doesn’t complain about UConn - she went and earned the recognition and advantages.[/quote]

Hard for other teams to get the recognition & advantages when the limelight is focused on one team the majority of the time.

Uconn was not the best team this year(or Last) but they were seeded as if they were. It should be more of what have you done this season not previous ones. Previous seasons dont matter in this year's seedings and placement.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

A lot of wcbb fans of other teams seem to want the same recognition and advantages that come from being a historic program that has won more NCs than any other team in history. That’s not how it works. Yup, seeding and media exposure is about money. Successful programs make money. One thing I respect about Staley, is that she doesn’t complain about UConn - she went and earned the recognition and advantages.

Wouldn't it be nice to find out?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
UConn went from being 0-5 in OT to being the only team in tournament history to win a 2OT game

With a lot of UNFAIR advantage from the crowd and the refs!!!! That no-call on ONO that would have fouled her out was ridiculous. No way in freaking hell should a #1 have to play against a stadium 99% full of opposition fans. No freaking way in hell. I don't care if a stadium is half empty, anything is better than what we got tonight. SO bush league. The team moving onto the FF should not be determined by the biggest fan base (and officials who refused to foul out a key player).

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

No regionals in the northeast next year. You'll have to complain about the Gamecocks playing in Greenville, SC.

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

With a lot of UNFAIR advantage from the crowd and the refs!!!! That no-call on ONO that would have fouled her out was ridiculous. No way in freaking hell should a #1 have to play against a stadium 99% full of opposition fans. No freaking way in hell. I don't care if a stadium is half empty, anything is better than what we got tonight. SO bush league. The team moving onto the FF should not be determined by the biggest fan base (and officials who refused to foul out a key player).

You can say "Ododa played smart to avoid her fifth foul" until you're blue in the face. She COMMITTED her fifth foul - a couple of times - but officials would not call it. With ONO out, NC State (#1 seed) wins this games, without a doubt.

~rAf
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Agree on all accounts. Beuckers, Fudd, and Williams have to bring it against Stanford since the Tree will have a huge advantage in the post.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

No regionals in the northeast next year. You'll have to complain about the Gamecocks playing in Greenville, SC.

BIG10 Country! 🧑‍🌾🐷🐮🐖🐄🌽🧀

Last edited by Rock Hard on 03/28/22 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

I doubt that will happen.

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

If South Carolina is a #1 seed, it won't be the same kind of unfair, but I don't like it either. Like the men, there should be some minimum distance that a team can be placed from their campus.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1508626899777560585

Perhaps a good time to mention again that
@MarchMadnessWBB
goes to two regionals starting next season, when they will be in Greenville, S.C., and Seattle.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/28/22 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

If South Carolina is a #1 seed, it won't be the same kind of unfair, but I don't like it either. Like the men, there should be some minimum distance that a team can be placed from their campus.

Also South Carolina doesn't play "neutral" regular games in Greenville and their league tournament isn't always played there either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: