RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 Tennessee vs #1 Louisville - 3/26/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Tennessee
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Louisville
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Snoop needs to do that a few more times. She's been averaging 20 pts on 57% shooting and 11.5 rpg in the post-season, but not playing so well tonight.

thardy929

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee cuts it to 55-53 then two dumb turnovers shifts the momentum right back to Louisville. Looks all too similar to the LVs late comeback against Kentucky in the SEC Tourney.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Key could finish some of those point blank looks, it could be a different game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm getting exhausted from playing all these games...er I mean watching all these games.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If Key could finish some of those point blank looks, it could be a different game.

Are you kicking her down into the second round next year?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Wichita isn’t making a great first impression. The over the court scoreboard hasn’t been working from the beginning.

You’re there?

Yessiree! Behind what will be Michigan’s bench.

There are some Michigan fans behind TN's bench. Is that you?

Yes, I’m in the mix.

Cool. Have fun!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Physically, Louisville looks like a mid-major, not a #1 seed.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Engstler lost 40 pounds last summer during the height of the coronavirus pandemic by working out with her family in their New York City apartment. It was the most time she’s spent at home in three years, she said.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/2021/02/emily-engstlers-body-transformation-is-paying-off-for-su-women-it-changed-her-game.html
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Key has been nearly worthless this game.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was that an attempted flop by Walker on the previous play? Did she seriously think her hack on Van Lith was going to be converted to an offensive foul if she fell on her ass?

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn really is a terrible team and seem poorly coached.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

And yet they made it to the Sweet 16 without their best player.

thardy929

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Ok.

I'm excited about the direction of the program. Each year it feels like baby steps to getting the program back on track.

Year 1: Stop losing the games we're "supposed" to win.
Year 2: Pick up a few signature wins (e.g., South Carolina).
Year 3: Get back in the Final 4 conversation (before our injuries) and back to the Sweet 16, recruit a McDonald's AA and big-name transfers.

Most importantly, the culture has shifted and the team is fun to cheer for again. With the types of players that KJH is recruiting and bringing in, there seems to be an emphasis on better BBIQ and shooting, so I think the offense and fundamentals should continue to improve.

Tough finish today (especially the 4th quarter turnovers and missed free throws) but proud of how the team and staff handled adversity all year, and looking forward to what feels like a bright future.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Are you kicking her down into the second round next year?

Haven't really put any thought into next year. We'll see what she does next year. As they say, you can't teach height.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/22 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Ok.

I'm excited about the direction of the program. Each year it feels like baby steps to getting the program back on track.

Year 3: Get back in the Final 4 conversation (before our injuries) and back to the Sweet 16, recruit a McDonald's AA and big-name transfers.

Most importantly, the culture has shifted and the team is fun to cheer for again. With the types of players that KJH is recruiting and bringing in, there seems to be an emphasis on better BBIQ and shooting, so I think the offense and fundamentals should continue to improve.

Tough finish today (especially the 4th quarter turnovers and missed free throws) but proud of how the team and staff handled adversity all year, and looking forward to what feels like a bright future.

Already did #2 on the list—-Rickea Jackson. How much bigger do you want? I think the bench is mostly full now. Wink And disregard what the maniac says. He’s just afraid the Lady Vols might be gaining on his team again.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Ok.

Already did #2 on the list—-Rickea Jackson. How much bigger do you want? I think the bench is mostly full now. Wink And disregard what the maniac says. He’s just afraid the Lady Vols might be gaining on his team again.

No bigger than that! My point was that the program had already checked all those boxes, transfers/recruits included.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tonight was a disappointment, but I have a hard time seeing that Tenn is poorly coached, after KJH lost the equivalent of 2 starters and the 6th woman, and had to give major minutes to 4 freshmen plus a soph who only played 10 games last season due to injury, all while playing a top 5 SOS. That's going to challenge any coach. And Tenn didn't even get hours and hours of whining and sympathy from ESPN like some other school did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: