RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 South Dakota vs #3 Michigan - 3/26/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
South Dakota
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Michigan
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/loMAsJLbnWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Tally24

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really interesting how so many of the Michigan players wear their ponytails the exact same way.
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dilk and Phelia giving Michigan the extra lift.

SoDak's extras haven't been effective. And whenever Hannah is off the floor, Hillmon makes hay.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It might not have been called because she didn't actually swing her elbow, I think. I don't remember her actually swinging her elbow as much as she turned and, while keeping her arms pretty much vertically in the same place throughout the turn, made contact. I'd have to see it again.

Here's a few things that say what it is illegal. I really didn't find anything that says what it is legal, so this is just kind of seeing what's not there.

Art. 7. The following shall be considered not only excessive, but extreme, swinging: a) When arm(s) and elbow(s) are swung about while using the shoulders as pivots, and the speed of the extended arm(s) and elbow(s) exceeds that of the rest of the body as it rotates on the hips or on the pivot foot;

Art. 16. Illegal contact caused by the swinging of the elbow(s) that: a) Results from total body movement is a personal or intentional foul

Art. 17. Illegal contact with an elbow that does not involve the swinging of the elbow shall be considered a foul;

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

both teams shooting for sh*t from three. I would have thought that would hurt SD more than Mich, but so far it's just evened out.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hannah Sjervan is in her sixth year. One year sitting out after transferring from New Mexico and one year extra for COVID-19. She hasn't been goofing off: "graduated with both a bachelor's and master's degree in psychology from USD ... working on a second master's degree in interdisciplinary studies with focuses in psychology, sports leadership and social work."

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Why does KBA have 11 on the back of her shirt?

Sometimes it seems like ESPN is reading this board.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

geez Hannah hasn't gotten any help from the refs here. That 4th one looked like a phantom foul.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Art. 17. Illegal contact with an elbow that does not involve the swinging of the elbow shall be considered a foul;

This one at the least should have been called. And I thought Naz got away with a shove before that move as well. Instead they called a defensive foul on the SoDak girl laying on the floor. Pretty big swing there.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SoDak hasn't handled it very well when Naz comes out to the top to double. They often break the double but as soon as they do that, it needs to go str8 into the post. Instead they just go into their throw it around the perimeter offense. If Mich wins this, I'm betting Louisville will have an answer for that move. In general, I think if Mich wants to double it should be anyone else besides Naz to do that because it opens up the vulnerability in the middle.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we call this the "Condiment Game?"

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh my heart! whoever loses this will be a total heartbreak.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PHELIA!!

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How was that a charge on Brown? The Coyote jumped in front of her and was never set.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a great open look for the 'yotes.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

This one at the least should have been called. And I thought Naz got away with a shove before that move as well. Instead they called a defensive foul on the SoDak girl laying on the floor. Pretty big swing there.

Substitute "player" for "defender" in the following:

Section 3. Verticality Art. 1. Verticality applies to a legal position: The basic components of the principle of verticality are: a) Legal guarding position must be obtained and attained initially, and movement thereafter must be legal; b] From such position, the defender may rise or jump vertically and occupy the space within their vertical plane; c) The hands and arms of the defender may be raised within their vertical plane while the defender is on the playing court or in the air; d) The defender shall not be penalized for leaving the playing court vertically or having their hands and arms extended within the vertical plane; e) The offensive player, whether on the playing court or airborne, shall not “clear out” or cause contact that is not incidental; f) The defender may not “belly up” or use the lower part of the body or arms to cause contact outside their vertical plane; g) The player with the ball shall be given no more protection or consideration than the defender in the judging of which, if either, player has violated the principle of verticality;

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Lamb, but they should have been looking for Larkins.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Section 3. Verticality Art. 1. Verticality applies to a legal position: The basic components of the principle of verticality are: a) Legal guarding position must be obtained and attained initially, and movement thereafter must be legal; b] From such position, the defender may rise or jump vertically and occupy the space within their vertical plane; c) The hands and arms of the defender may be raised within their vertical plane while the defender is on the playing court or in the air; d) The defender shall not be penalized for leaving the playing court vertically or having their hands and arms extended within the vertical plane; e) The offensive player, whether on the playing court or airborne, shall not “clear out” or cause contact that is not incidental; f) The defender may not “belly up” or use the lower part of the body or arms to cause contact outside their vertical plane; g) The player with the ball shall be given no more protection or consideration than the defender in the judging of which, if either, player has violated the principle of verticality;

Hannah was pretty vertical. If anything falling backward.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never realized how uncanny a resemblance Lamb and Korngable have to each other, but they just had them in the same camera shot.

Great, gritty game. I’ll be sad for whichever team loses, they both deserve to make history for their respective programs.

Still hope Michigan pulls it out, admittedly just cuz of Queenie’s passion.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Hannah was pretty vertical. If anything falling backward.

As I remember it, they both maintained vertically.

myrtle

Well that was a pathetic last 7.8 second play.

Congrats to Mich for moving on.

Best of luck to the Coyote seniors as they move on.

Fighting Artichoke

Wow, that was not the play that SD wanted there. Perhaps Michigan defended it well or the 'yotes just didn't execute it.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/26/22 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Naz just looks like a guard. Supposedly she and Sjerven are both 6'2" but it sure didn't look that way.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/26/22 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kinda reminds me of Morrow from DePaul. Neither really looks like a post.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/26/22 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heckuva game....definitely the kind of game nobody deserves to lose. I'd say we've been treated to some really fine games these last few days.

Tough call, but I hadta root for SD....Rebkell 'family' (Hoopsmom) deserves that much. Cool (By the way, Hoopsmom, you and your hubby are a lovely couple - I wish I coulda heard more of your singing.Razz Hannah is certainly privileged to have such great support.)

GREAT fanbase for SD: excellent proof of how many Excellent People occupy the Dakotas. Wink

Not sure I could discern which of the 2 teams ought to fare better against L'ville. We shall see soon enough. Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: