RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 Central Florida vs #2 Connecticut - 3/21/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If UCF could hit FTs they might have a chance

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There will be a lot of coaches studying tape from this game. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and yet. another. game. where a neutral floor could have made a big difference.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh well. If I were making decisions based on logic and reason, I wouldn't have called it a #HateHard parlay.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Stonington_QB

You could say UConn won this game. I say UCF blew this at the free throw line. The Huskies picked a good day to have a lackluster performance.

TechDawgMc

pilight wrote:
If UCF could hit FTs they might have a chance

That's what they're going to be telling themselves tomorrow. That was terrible FT shooting. Just respectable shooting at least sends it to OT.

SPD

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uconn beats UCF 52 - 47.

Tally24

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So ugly. So physical. So many dense plays. So many missed layups. So much apprehension.

Good for UCF.

When’s the last time UConn shot under 30%? And managed to win?
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am once again begging coaches across the land to run free throw drills

(now with spelling variations)
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A virtuoso defensive performance by UCF worthy of Thermopylae.

Notwithstanding, I have no adjectives derogatory enough to describe UConn's half court offense and inability to finish layups and putbacks.

I have no adjectives profane enough to describe my frustrations with this UConn team's post trio.

Fudd must stop being so timid in shooting off the catch, shooting off the dribble, and especially dribble driving into the paint to draw lots of fouls. Otherwise, she's a 90% free throw shooter wasting that talent.

A win, yes. On to Indiana and N. Carolina State. Good luck, UConn, when you face teams that can play tough defense plus don't turn over the rock and can put it through the hoop.

Tired and cranky after four days of non-stop game watching, especially today after watching my dark horse faves Villanova, Princeton and Belmont lose.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure I agreed with Geno’s subbing in the second half, although I get why he did what he did.

Aaliyah dominated the third while taking like one shot.

The missed layups were unbelievable.

FSU is a great defensive team, and the physical play is good for UConn. I would say UConn is elite defensively, but the team really needs Caroline back in form and Aaliyah scoring again to win. (Also, obviously Paige)

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45 fouls and 44 fts.

It was an exciting game only because of the score. UConn shot like a bunch of chokes and UCF just plain can't shoot.

The officiating was horrible. Both ways.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut is the best team that can't shoot I've ever seen.......

Rolling Eyes

Also, what is this??? Paige Bueckers was averaging 21.2 ppg when she suffered her broken leg. Since her return, she's scored 8, 2, 16, 2, 2, 12, and 9 points, for an average of 7.3 ppg. And even lately, in her last 3 games, she's averaged 7.7 ppg.

Are we certain that she's fully healed from her injury??

linkster

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The missed layups brought back memories of the Arizona game, when missed bunny layups, mostly by the posts, played a part in the loss. Last year Ariz made more shots at the end than UCF.

I don't expect this offiating crew to advance to the next round. National TV isn't for everyone. One of the refs decided to make this game all about him.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
You could say UConn won this game. I say UCF blew this at the free throw line.

I've said many times that a basketball game, like a poem, can be subject to many reasonable interpretations. I think yours is probably the most concise for this game.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel bad for Indiana. I don’t think Geno lets the Huskies have that kind of offensive (lack of) performance with a solid business week in between games.

UCF is more than ready to move to the Big 12 and recruit a higher echelon of players. They could be the east-coast version of Arizona in terms of identity and getting talent once they make the move.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Also, what is this??? Paige Bueckers was averaging 21.2 ppg when she suffered her broken leg. Since her return, she's scored 8, 2, 16, 2, 2, 12, and 9 points, for an average of 7.3 ppg. And even lately, in her last 3 games, she's averaged 7.7 ppg.

Pretty safe to say 'no' to that. Sometimes you can see her favor it a little. Hopefully she doesn't injure it further by playing too soon.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I am once again begging coaches across the land to run free throw drills

Thank you. This is just so ridiculous. I especially have problems with good three shooters who can't shoot FTs, but even post players NEED to work on their FTs. It can win or lose you games...as seen by this one.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

I think she's headed for the portal. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/22/22 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wondering if Paige is indeed fully healed. She just does not look like the Paige of old. It's like putting a horse on the track too soon. Whether she sees it or not, I think she's still favoring that leg. It might even be a psychological thing and she could be doing it unconsciously. Her competitive spirit refuses to acknowledge it and she could further damage other parts of her body by favoring it. Just the view from here from a nurse's standpoint.

PostPosted: 03/22/22 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I'm wondering if Paige is indeed fully healed. She just does not look like the Paige of old. It's like putting a horse on the track too soon. Whether she sees it or not, I think she's still favoring that leg. It might even be a psychological thing and she could be doing it unconsciously. Her competitive spirit refuses to acknowledge it and she could further damage other parts of her body by favoring it. Just the view from here from a nurse's standpoint.

It takes a while for people to mentally heal from injuries too. She’s medically fine, according to doctors. But she’s rusty and she’s got a pretty good mental hurdle. Remember she hurt herself walking up the court.

It might not be until next season to where she looks like Paige, but the bottom line is UConn doesn’t have a shot at a championship unless she’s playing well, and she needs to play to get back to herself.

I think a game like last night is good for her though. It was a physical game and she handled it.

PostPosted: 03/22/22 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

It takes a while for people to mentally heal from injuries too. She’s medically fine, according to doctors. But she’s rusty and she’s got a pretty good mental hurdle. Remember she hurt herself walking up the court.

It might not be until next season to where she looks like Paige, but the bottom line is UConn doesn’t have a shot at a championship unless she’s playing well, and she needs to play to get back to herself.

I think a game like last night is good for her though. It was a physical game and she handled it.

Actually I think she was hurt before she walked up the court, she just didn't feel it until then. You don't get an injury like that just walking, it's usually cumulative. I agree that there's a mental aspect to it, but I still don't think she's all the way there, medical clearance or no. She wants to be but isn't.

PostPosted: 03/22/22 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Are you this dense? Seriously? Her 'problem' is between the ears.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/22/22 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Are you again trying to accuse Geno of playing injured players? Didn't you do this during the 2019-2020 season when we tried to get E immediate eligibility and when she didn't, she decided to have surgery on her knee?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/22/22 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

W-Hoops breaks down the game:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2cElwe1lrJc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: