2022 WNBA League Pass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/02/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="RI_Sun_Fan"]
RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Hey! Have any of the firetv/fire stick people been able to find the WNBA app?

I would give this a look on the amazon site:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09YVTGJPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you so much! For some reason, I couldn't find it this weekend, but this worked perfectly!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/05/22 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It appears the app has updated. Not sure if it's available on Fire yet.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/05/22 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Certainly for those of us who access it via the website, the big change now seems to have happened. The front-end still seems wildly messy, but it's definitely different.

PostPosted: 05/06/22 5:59 pm    ::: The Pass was a Fail for me Reply Reply with quote

I tried to "start my free trial" in three different browser so I can just stream on my computer, nothing fancy. I get as far as select your plan or whatever they call it but no amount of clicking gets me any farther. So I guess I won't get it. Nice job getting new sign-ups, WNBA. I would watch...but I can't and I am not going to struggle just to give you money. Makes me think the service is probably not that great if I can't even sign up.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/06/22 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was able to sign up for the free trial through the app.

Also, the commercial breaks cut to Renee Montgomery doing commentary. Oof. Sorry, I find her so annoying.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/06/22 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the black interface. But where's the rewind button Question

Would love it if they brought the option to have 2-4 games playing on the screen.

PostPosted: 05/06/22 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It wouldn't be the W if they didn't make things worse

PostPosted: 05/06/22 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see that nobody was able to come through with the promo code connect?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/06/22 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

I used the 20% off promo code. Was offered to me because I opted out of the auto-renew.

PostPosted: 05/06/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I used the 20% off promo code. Was offered to me because I opted out of the auto-renew.

Ah. So what you're saying is that some people did have a promo code, but they just wanted to be stingy with it?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/06/22 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Ah. So what you're saying is that some people did have a promo code, but they just wanted to be stingy with it?

In their infinite wisdom, the Liberty sent over an offer code *after* the auto-renew went through, and I couldn't figure out how to potentially apply it for a credit. Lesson learned, auto-renew off.

I'm terrible at watching multiple games on the same screen, but the new app does seem to have made it easier to flip between games than it used to be.

PostPosted: 05/06/22 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

In their infinite wisdom, the Liberty sent over an offer code *after* the auto-renew went through, and I couldn't figure out how to potentially apply it for a credit. Lesson learned, auto-renew off.

I'm terrible at watching multiple games on the same screen, but the new app does seem to have made it easier to flip between games than it used to be.

I should own up to the fact that I did not have the foresight to *actually* opt out of the auto-renew. Rather, my old debit card was rejected because I've since closed that bank account. Laughing Little did I know it would help me save $5. Cool

PostPosted: 05/06/22 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

So, I also forgot to uncheck the auto-renewal. However, I am engaged in... not battle but struggle with League Pass Support. After a few emails, they did issue me a refund and I received a new code for the freebee. I followed the steps and it seemed to work. The billing information showed a charge of $24.99, followed by a line called WNBA Support which issued an offsetting credit. The final cost was $0. So, I pressed Secure Checkout and everything looked fine. Then, a few minutes later I get an email saying that they couldn't process the transaction. They're suggesting that my account information is missing, but I checked and it's still there. So, after about a dozen emails back and forth, I am waiting for the next phase of wrangling.

They did say that a lot of people weren't able to use the codes they were given because the website was still being updated. Kind of like trying to hit a moving target. If you write WNBA League Pass Support and tell them that the process didn't work for you, they might give you another code to try. After all, we're STHs and they really do want to keep us happy.

That is unless you're the NY Liberty Sales Department. I swear, their training manual must say that ghosting Season Ticket Holders is a best practice.

Edit: I got an email at 1:32 AM saying that I've been escalated to "Tier 2 support. " The fact that they're working so late is pretty impressive. Smile

PostPosted: 05/07/22 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out yet how to hide the scores or watch a previous game on the new site?

The schedule only links to https://leaguepass.wnba.com/, which has only upcoming games on it

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/07/22 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found the Amazon fire ap without having to log on to Amazon. You have to go to aps and then access aps not listed.

PostPosted: 05/07/22 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
Has anyone figured out yet how to hide the scores or watch a previous game on the new site?

The schedule only links to https://leaguepass.wnba.com/, which has only upcoming games on it

The layout is very different! I just started exploring it this morning, and it is harder to navigate, that's for sure! For clarification, I am using a Windows laptop so I can actually see.

The new link is https://leaguepass.wnba.com/home

To see prior games, from the Home page, click the bars in the upper left corner to get to the menu and select Archive. Scroll down to find the year (back to 2015) and scroll across. Looks like you can also search.

I don't see the hide score option or the multi screen options anymore - kinda dumb, don'tcha think?

Last Sunday, I was impressed that, when I found out that my sub had auto-renewed in spite of the fact that I had unchecked the box, Support reached out and resolved the situation within a couple of hours and applied my code to get the free year, courtesy of the Sky! She said the credit would probably take up to ten days to reflect.

They also changed the login - I had a bookmark with the auto-filled credentials. It used to require a personally created username. Now it needs the assigned email address. Also had to change the bookmark to what I posted above because the login option was no longer visible - had to click on the Free Trial link to get to it!

PostPosted: 05/07/22 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They've made almost everything worse. It looks slicker, but the actual practical elements - DVR controls, multi-game viewing, box-score options, calendar search, on and on - are worse or gone entirely. I know change generally just upsets people, and we often whine because stuff is different regardless of better/worse, but I would happily opt-out and go back to the previous version. It worked. It did what it was supposed to.

PostPosted: 05/07/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it was not broken than why fix it ?

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/07/22 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I would happily opt-out and go back to the previous version. It worked. It did what it was supposed to.

Amen to that

Often, "new and improved" is neither.

PostPosted: 05/07/22 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pure trash! It just looks cleaner/nice interface but that's it.

I'm trying to watch the concluded game of Sun vs Libs and it's not even up yet. At least with the old version it would've said something like game has not ended yet even though it did.

It's up now. Just have to keep refreshing the page and be patient

Last edited by Milks26 on 05/07/22 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/07/22 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They somehow managed to make it even worse. At least the video quality appears to be higher..

PostPosted: 05/07/22 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have a lot to clean up.....every other league does this and does it well, how did they manage to make their product worse?

I have NBA League Pass and MLBtv both through YoutubeTV...would be huge if the WNBA somehow made that option available too and then I wouldn't even need the website.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/08/22 4:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have mentioned my YouTubeTV subscription many times. In 2014, I cut the cord but wanted to see the games live when we got to the playoffs the year the CBS Sports Network deal took effect.

In Chicago, it includes CBS SN, NBA TV, the ESPNs and the local station that covers the Sky. I can select whatever programs I'd like to record and have up to nine months to watch them. It's got a bunch of sports (and other) networks.

Outside of the option to watch games back to 2015, at this point, there is no real advantage for me to have the app. Glad it's free this year - it would be frustrating to pay for the price hike and find you've lost all the features that made it usable! I never had major issues with it. It was good when they extended access to year-round; I think it previously expired December 31.

There is a two-week trial (never seen one that long) through May 16:
https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?utm_source=kinetic&ac=2LRCOIHSV3WT-DOTCOM

PostPosted: 05/12/22 5:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

League.Pass.Sux.

I searched high and low for the previous games this season and found one. In the past, shortly after blacked-out games ended, you could watch them. They are either hiding or just not there. Now all you see are upcoming games and all the games from prior years. That's on my Windows 10 laptop as well as my Android phone and tablet.

The navigation is terrible. Even the FAQ page is outdated, still referencing Adobe Flash Player (!)
https://www.wnba.com/leaguepass/faq/?showNav=false&showFooter=false

I have subscribed for several years. It has never been this bad. Glad it's free for me but I'm still gonna contact Support. How can they not know? Sure, it could be technical difficulties, but c'mon! A total site overhaul that has ruined the experience. Gotta do better when you jack up the price!

This is pretty funny - and sad - at the same time: https://twitter.com/jazzvangogh/status/1524464042517086213

PostPosted: 05/12/22 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Although League Pass is tougher this year, so far the league has been offering more free streaming options… maybe to make up for it? A lot of games on Facebook and Twitter. Indiana seems to get favored the most for the free streaming options. If you’re a Seattle fan with Amazon Prime, you’re probably pretty happy.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: