RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA Tournament Selection Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
I can't believe DePaul got in.

I'm stunned too. I was ready to compromise with three! Okay, maybe they're gonna pretend they respect the Big East after all.

So y'all assuming DePaul will win the play in?

No, but the NCAA does consider the First Four part of the tournament.

Also, I do think they will, but it's going to be a really fun game either way!

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That explanation for UCONN being in Bridgeport was giving Napoleon Dynamite …wth did she say ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Women's NCAA Tourney will NEVER be legit until a one seed isn't slated to go to a two seed's backyard for the regional.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Wait Did she just Say Kentucky? Nikki Caldwell up there drunk y’all they definitely were not in this bracket they’re in bridgeport Laughing Laughing Laughing

Because all she knows and cares about is the SEC, she is horrendous on TV, and lastly, has no business being on that screen. She should be mortified and never be allowed to be on TV again. That flub pisses me off sooooo bad.

Well I wouldn’t go that far damn Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Wait Did she just Say Kentucky? Nikki Caldwell up there drunk y’all they definitely were not in this bracket they’re in bridgeport Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay I'm glad I wasn't the only one to wonder what she was talking about Laughing

She was playing with our emotions I had to think twice like wait let me see that bracket again Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Rebecca Lobo knows about lots more than UCONN? Sorry, I don’t buy it. At least she doesn’t talk that way this time of year.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Women's NCAA Tourney will NEVER be legit until a one seed isn't slated to go to a two seed's backyard for the regional.

+1 it’s proves money talks performance doesn’t mean shit ….

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
And Rebecca Lobo knows about lots more than UCONN? Sorry, I don’t buy it. At least she doesn’t talk that way this time of year.

That’s her go to whenever she gets asked a question regardless if it’s a general question about any team in the country she finds a way to bring up UCONN. It’s in her blood she wants to keep them in the limelight .

PostPosted: 03/13/22 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Take it the hell outta Bridgeport. Permanently.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I'm stunned too. I was ready to compromise with three! Okay, maybe they're gonna pretend they respect the Big East after all.

But yeah it's good for the BE that they got 4 teams in. Although i was nervous for Villanova with them getting announced near the end.

And now I wait for the WNIT bracket to come out.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Women's NCAA tourney will never be legit until fans of all teams are willing to show up to neutral site games in large numbers. At this point, I'd settle for them showing up for both halves of a doubleheader, instead of walking in late or leaving early to ignore the game their team isn't playing in.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Speebs56 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

So y'all assuming DePaul will win the play in?

No, but the NCAA does consider the First Four part of the tournament.

Also, I do think they will, but it's going to be a really fun game either way!

Yeah the play-in game is still the NCAA Tournament.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Even Lobo just called Bridgeport Storrs!!!! When the UConn homer admits it, it's time to FIX it!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If my team had gone to all the trouble and blood, sweat and tears to win their conference championship and THEN had to play a play-in game (and no, I don’t feel like it’s the “real” tournament) I’d be mightily pissed and maybe would rather play in the WNIT after all. But that’s me.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Even Lobo just called Bridgeport Storrs!!!! When the UConn homer admits it, it's time to FIX it!!

+1000!

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look, I talk a lot of shit about UConn fans. I mean, a lot of shit. And as long as I have a Big East team and UConn is in the Big East, I am going to continue talking a lot of shit about UConn fans for a lot of good reasons. But they show up for their team. Are other regionals with other teams in relative proximity equally well-attended?

And the reverse of that coin is this: as I said earlier, fans need to show up to neutral site games. UConn fans show up for their team, but they won't show up for anyone else. And they're not the only ones, they're just the current and easiest target. So. You want full seats or you want neutral sites? Right now, you can't have both.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee fans are pretty damn good about showing up, in case you haven’t noticed. But I think once neutral sites are established, people will show up. It’s a matter of establishing them and holding to it.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Tennessee fans are pretty damn good about showing up, in case you haven’t noticed. But I think once neutral sites are established, people will show up. It’s a matter of establishing them and holding to it.

I agree with Queenie here. There's way too much of the 'my girls' syndrome with women's basketball - some fans are quite loyal to their teams but most don't show up to watch games when their team isn't playing.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Look, I talk a lot of shit about UConn fans. I mean, a lot of shit. And as long as I have a Big East team and UConn is in the Big East, I am going to continue talking a lot of shit about UConn fans for a lot of good reasons. But they show up for their team. Are other regionals with other teams in relative proximity equally well-attended?

And the reverse of that coin is this: as I said earlier, fans need to show up to neutral site games. UConn fans show up for their team, but they won't show up for anyone else. And they're not the only ones, they're just the current and easiest target. So. You want full seats or you want neutral sites? Right now, you can't have both.

I want both, but if I can only have one, I'd prefer neutral sites.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I want both, but if I can only have one, I'd prefer neutral sites.

Then if we have neutral sites and empty seats, we don't get to complain about a lack of resources.

Yes, I know, the solution is to somehow cure Our Girls Syndrome, but I'd rather tackle something easy like world peace first.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I agree with Queenie here. There's way too much of the 'my girls' syndrome with women's basketball - some fans are quite loyal to their teams but most don't show up to watch games when their team isn't playing.

And none of that will change until other serious changes are made. And until we start taking our daughters...ALL our daughters...as seriously as we do our sons. Not only my daughter and your daughter, but his daughter and her daughter too.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Women's NCAA tourney will never be legit until fans of all teams are willing to show up to neutral site games in large numbers. At this point, I'd settle for them showing up for both halves of a doubleheader, instead of walking in late or leaving early to ignore the game their team isn't playing in.

Playing on a UConn court won't accomplish that as exhibited by the BE tourney on yet another UConn home court with another total UConn crowd. Yet another excuse for favoritism bites the dust.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Most of the UConn fans bailed out of Mohegan instead of staying for this and other tournament games. What solipsistic OGS!

Marquette have been basketball warriors, massacring DePaul-Custer. Shot an amazing 66% and King Konged the rebounding, 49-17

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/13/22 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And that is still obnoxious. I never said it wasn't. But that is a problem I have seen from every single powerhouse fan base I have dealt with in tournament or otherwise neutral site play. And I will give summertime blues this: the tendency was least prevalent in Tennessee fans, in my experience, followed closely by NC State fans (although that's a small sample size).

Do you really think I, a person who has ranted at length repeatedly over multiple years about UConn fans and who has compared them to a fungus, enjoy defending the Connecticut regional? Do you think I'm having fun? I would fucking love to see UConn have to travel. I would personally rather like a regional or subregional somewhere further south on the Northeast Corridor line. But until such time as people in the hundreds and the thousands share our passion for women's basketball, and our willingness to either travel to see our teams or to see teams that are not ours, we're going to have to make compromises.

PostPosted: 03/13/22 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, there is little else that brings as much joy as the bitching, moaning, and gnashing of teeth from the haters, especially hypocritical ND fans, who defended ND hosting a regional on its campus court, but find UCONN at Bridgeport a stain against huwomanity.

Queenie addresses the white elephant in the EQUALITY FOR WCB room- women's fans do not support the sport as do men's fans, and if anyone thinks the NCAA is motivated by fair play and equity, rather than money, well god bless your naivete.

I, personally, would prefer UCONN switch places with Baylor, and potentially play Louisville in the E8.

Bring on the Teddy Bears!

Dinner's on me, pilight. Wink

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/22 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
And that is still obnoxious. I never said it wasn't. But that is a problem I have seen from every single powerhouse fan base I have dealt with in tournament or otherwise neutral site play. And I will give summertime blues this: the tendency was least prevalent in Tennessee fans, in my experience, followed closely by NC State fans (although that's a small sample size).

Do you really think I, a person who has ranted at length repeatedly over multiple years about UConn fans and who has compared them to a fungus, enjoy defending the Connecticut regional? Do you think I'm having fun? I would fucking love to see UConn have to travel. I would personally rather like a regional or subregional somewhere further south on the Northeast Corridor line. But until such time as people in the hundreds and the thousands share our passion for women's basketball, and our willingness to either travel to see our teams or to see teams that are not ours, we're going to have to make compromises.

Why?

Any extra ticket sales are a tiny drop in the bucket and completely irrelevant to the funding of the Women's tournament. Certainly not worth compromizing competitive integrity

Just relax and recognize it's a TV event and paid for by the overall TV contract.

Wake me when the NCAA doesn't have hundreds of millions of dollars to dole out to conferences from the TV revenue. Then maybe I'll worry about a few tickets to regionals.

Your priorities on this are warped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: