RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 Connecticut @ DePaul - 1/26/22
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/22 12:43 am    ::: #10 Connecticut @ DePaul - 1/26/22 Reply Reply with quote

Chicago, IL - 8:00 PM ET
TV: SNY (Allen Bestwick, Meg Culmo)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live (tvpli)
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/university-of-connecticut-:oas-1502

Live stats:
https://depaulbluedemons.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/26/22 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Speebs56

PostPosted: 01/26/22 6:36 pm    ::: Re: #10 Connecticut @ DePaul - 1/26/22 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Chicago, IL - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live (tvpli)
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/university-of-connecticut-:oas-1502

Live stats:
https://depaulbluedemons.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

The game is being broadcast on SNY -- ch. 639 on DirecTV.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:31 pm    ::: Re: #10 Connecticut @ DePaul - 1/26/22 Reply Reply with quote

Dolson’s makeup and earrings are great

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Fudd and Williams playing, even in a limited way, UConn suddenly has an 8 player rotation without using DeBerry or Gabriel.

And 5 guards. Wink

Fudd looks great. Very Happy

singinerd54

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morrow is everything Edwards should have been this year. Sad

singinerd54

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And yes, Geno, we did suck in that second quarter. Please tell us what *you're* going to do about it. What changes will *you* make?

One good place to start would be playing ONO rather than Edwards. I can't find plus/minus, but we looked much better with ONO on the floor. She only played 11 minutes and only has one foul.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/26/22 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul goes on a 17-0, 21-2, run while Geno tries to play with a pathetic four guard lineup, which can't pass, shoot or dribble, plus "Hands of Soap" Aaliyah Edwards.

Demons out shooting, out rebounding and out assisting the discombobulated Huskies, who should have a huge height and points in paint advantage . . . but who don't play a low post game at all.
Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/22 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

48-44 DEP mid third

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/26/22 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morrow (21 pts) out with knee injury with 3 minutes left in 3Q. UConn better in 3Q with Juhasz and ONO in the game.

But she's back.
linkster

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
DePaul goes on a 17-0, 21-2, run while Geno tries to play with a pathetic four guard lineup, which can't pass, shoot or dribble, plus "Hands of Soap" Aaliyah Edwards.

Demons out shooting, out rebounding and out assisting the discombobulated Huskies, who should have a huge height and points in paint advantage . . . but who don't play a low post game at all.

The bookies don't pay for halftime scores Glenn. According to the box score UConn shot 59% 40% for the game while DePaul shot 43% 29%. You are right about UConn's ball handling.

What a difference a Fudd makes. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It should be even better in a couple weeks or less.

Last edited by linkster on 01/26/22 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An entertaining and overall well-played game. As a UConn fan, a little stressful, but as a fan of the game, how nice to have a close, pretty well-played game. Hopefully we can have more of those in the future.

Azzi looked great in her first game back. Better than she looked before the injury. Loved how she hunted her shot and was decisive/confident.

Glad to see Morrow wasn't (or doesn't appear to be) significantly injured. She's a beast, in all the best ways.

A perimeter of Paige, Azzi, and Caroline next year is Very Happy Cool Very Happy

Tally24

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cardiac Caroline puts it away.

Fudd’s shooting was much needed, glad to see her back.

Morrow ate us alive.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ducharme, a freshman who probably doesn't know that UConn loses most close and overtime games, scores on a drive with 1.8 seconds to go in a tie game.
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
An entertaining and overall well-played game. As a UConn fan, a little stressful, but as a fan of the game, how nice to have a close, pretty well-played game. Hopefully we can have more of those in the future.

Azzi looked great in her first game back. Better than she looked before the injury. Loved how she hunted her shot and was decisive/confident.

Glad to see Morrow wasn't (or doesn't appear to be) significantly injured. She's a beast, in all the best ways.

A perimeter of Paige, Azzi, and Caroline next year is Very Happy Cool Very Happy

Agree-now that I saw her in this game, I bet she was pretty injured the first four games.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azzi’s shot is so pretty. It was nice to see it.

I’ve said it before, but Caroline reminds me of a Freshman Annie Strother. That was even a similar move to Strother’s drives for the win.

Imo, ONO and Williams played two of their best games. If we’ve got Azzi and Caroline, and Nika and Dorka are gonna make a few threes - no reason for CWill to take them. And tonight she drove to the basket and was smart about her takes.

Now Edwards is just… Crying or Very sad I don’t know what’s wrong with her, but man I hope she figures it out. She was fantastic last season.

I can’t wait until Paige is back.

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Ducharme, a freshman who probably doesn't know that UConn loses most close and overtime games, scores on a drive with 1.8 seconds to go in a tie game.

She also hit a pretty cold-blooded three to put us ahead a couple minutes before. Continue to love her.

Also, Nika deserves a shout out. 12 points of 5-8 (2-4) is huge from her.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Great game! Caroline wins it with a last second drive 80-78 I think. Aziz Fudd. played exceptionally well and put up some points too.

For DePaul their Center Morrow was and is simply outstanding! She's a tough cookie and can score.

If you get a chance to watch the replay do so.

There was no loser in this game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YOU HAD ONE JOB DEPAUL

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

She also hit a pretty cold-blooded three to put us ahead a couple minutes before. Continue to love her.

I cracked up at “physical game for Nika and whoever is closest to her” Laughing

I’m hoping after that last loss she gets it. She brings a lot to the table, and with Paige on the floor it doesn’t matter as much - but UConn can’t play 5 on 4. She’s got to take open shots.

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Encouraging things for UConn in this game:

- The scoring contributions of Fudd (15), who has been out for two months, and Williams (17), who has been out for three games.

- UConn, which has had some very poor 3rd and 4th quarters this season, shot an amazing 10-17 and 11-13 in those quarters.

- Ducharme, yet again.

- Muhl finally provided some scoring (12) and overcame 4 dumb TO's with 5 assists.
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Encouraging things for UConn in this game:

- The scoring contributions of Fudd (15), who has been out for two months, and Williams (17), who has been out for three games.

- UConn, which has had some very poor 3rd and 4th quarters this season, shot an amazing 10-17 and 11-13 in those quarters.

- Ducharme, yet again.

- Muhl finally provided some scoring (12) and overcame 4 dumb TO's with 5 assists.

I want to add that I thought Dorka had a great second half. She gets a lot of big rebounds. I hope she comes back and spends the entire summer on her back to the basket game.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/26/22 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two UConn players combined for 34 pts on 14-22 (5-11). In normal situations they would be seniors and the post-game talk would be about how hard it will be to replace their pts. But in this bizarre year they are both freshmen and the talk is going to be should the seniors be on the bench.

UConn has most of their perimeter game back.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/26/22 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I’m hoping after that last loss she gets it. She brings a lot to the table, and with Paige on the floor it doesn’t matter as much - but UConn can’t play 5 on 4. She’s got to take open shots.

When Bueckers gets back Mühl will play maybe 20 mins and Geno can let her be aggressive as long as the fouls are defensive and non-shooting. It's her nature to play that way and when she plays in Europe it will all be allowed.
Mühl's attitude infuses energy into the team. She is a disruptor on defense. If she's also a little out of control so be it.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/27/22 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

When Bueckers gets back Mühl will play maybe 20 mins and Geno can let her be aggressive as long as the fouls are defensive and non-shooting. It's her nature to play that way and when she plays in Europe it will all be allowed.
Mühl's attitude infuses energy into the team. She is a disruptor on defense. If she's also a little out of control so be it.

I’m not entirely convinced that’s the case.

As good as they were this game (and credit to them), ONO and CWill have a serious history of not playing well in big games. Nika, especially with Paige on the floor, has a history of being solid.

If Edwards gets it together, It’ll be different, but I suspect we will see a lot of: Paige, Azzi, Nika, Caroline, Dorka - when it matters.

PostPosted: 01/27/22 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
linkster wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I’m not entirely convinced that’s the case.

As good as they were this game (and credit to them), ONO and CWill have a serious history of not playing well in big games. Nika, especially with Paige on the floor, has a history of being solid.

If Edwards gets it together, It’ll be different, but I suspect we will see a lot of: Paige, Azzi, Nika, Caroline, Dorka - when it matters.

I think differently and here is why.

I think we will see more ONO because she is a better defender in the post than Dorka(but who it is will depend solely on the matchup). Christyn, IMO, has to be out there because she is the best perimeter defender and she is our best slasher. While she hasn't been great in big games, she's also been depended on to shoot 3's, which just isn't her game. Hopefully Paige, Azzi, and a less pressure on her her to make all the 3's Caroline will alleviate some of the pressure on Christyn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: