RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Xavier @ #10 Connecticut - 1/15/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/15/22 11:38 am    ::: Xavier @ #10 Connecticut - 1/15/22 Reply Reply with quote

Hartford, CT - 12:00 PM ET
TV: SNY (Allen Bestwick, Meg Culmo)

Video stream:
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (CT, NY, NJ, PA)
https://www.foxsports.com/live/ (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/university-of-connecticut-:oas-1502

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=373562

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
singinerd54

PostPosted: 01/15/22 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ONO on quadruple double watch!! 11 pts, 5 rbs, 4 steals, 6 blocks!! (at halftime)

Nika must not be on minute restriction anymore. Her steal-to-Europe-step "reverse" layup was a real thing of beauty (and also Shocked Shocked Shocked).

Evina is Crying or Very sad. Nika should be the primary ball handler when they're both on the floor.

Love her, and it's time for Caroline to improve her decision making. That second charge shouldn't have happened because she should have given up the ball.

We are learning some habits that will work in the Big East, but will get us in trouble against Top 25 teams.

Christyn has heard enough of us talking about her bad 3 point shooting! (including me last game Laughing) May she continue to prove us wrong. :

Last edited by singinerd54 on 01/15/22 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
linkster

PostPosted: 01/15/22 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half UConn 48-23.

Interviewer: Why the black shirt Geno?

Geno: I wanted to match my soul

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 01/15/22 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A glorified scrimmage. We learned that Gabriel can score at will down low and run the court ahead of a fast break.

Will Geno leave ONO & Williams on the court late in a close game when the opponent is looking to foul someone. 62% FT shooters.

The defense has looked better lately but the trip out to the sinister coast should be a real test.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/15/22 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
A glorified scrimmage. We learned that Gabriel can score at will down low and run the court ahead of a fast break.

Will Geno leave ONO & Williams on the court late in a close game when the opponent is looking to foul someone. 62% FT shooters.

The defense has looked better lately but the trip out to the sinister coast should be a real test.

The best defensive performances for Connecticut to date:

Jan. 15th: 41 pts vs 6-8 Xavier (Big East)
Jan. 12th: 47 pts vs 1-12 Butler (Big East)
Dec. 3rd: 49 pts vs 6-7 Seton Hall (Big East)

Rolling Eyes

linkster

PostPosted: 01/15/22 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Massey has Oregon a 2 pt home fav over Ariz today and a 2 pt home dog to the Huskies on Monday. Massey doesn't factor injuries. I really don't care about UConn today or on Monday. I'm focused on a day in February.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/16/22 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

In March..my hope is that Paige, and four of..Nika/Azzi/Aaliyah/Caroline/Dorka Depending on matchups and who’s is playing best. Only playing Williams and ONO (lol) if they are having a great game.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Massey has Oregon a 2 pt home fav over Ariz today and a 2 pt home dog to the Huskies on Monday. Massey doesn't factor injuries. I really don't care about UConn today or on Monday. I'm focused on a day in February.

You mean you aren't focused on an early day in April? Wow, CT has slid a long way. What happens in February? The Big East Conference Tournament?

Twisted Evil

Davis4632

PostPosted: 01/16/22 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You mean you aren't focused on an early day in April? Wow, CT has slid a long way. What happens in February? The Big East Conference Tournament?

Twisted Evil

The day in February when Paige Bueckers returns.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/16/22 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil

You are obviously having a good time in UConn threads right now. Glad you are enjoying your season so far. April is a long way off, even in dog years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: