RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Top 25 Collegiate Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 01/12/22 11:49 pm    ::: Top 25 Collegiate Players Reply Reply with quote

This is a pretty comprehensive list of the (currently considered) "Best Players" in ranked order.

Obviously, the cream of the crop, but....I'd have some bones to pick. Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/13/22 1:58 pm    ::: Re: Top 25 Collegiate Players Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
This is a pretty comprehensive list of the (currently considered) "Best Players" in ranked order.

Obviously, the cream of the crop, but....I'd have some bones to pick. Very Happy

Somehow the link did not show up in your post, Howee.

PostPosted: 01/13/22 2:21 pm    ::: Re: Top 25 Collegiate Players Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:

Somehow the link did not show up in your post, Howee.

Click on the word list

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 01/13/22 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Friend of the board Aneela Khan ranks players by class

https://wbasketballblog.com/2022/01/10/womens-college-basketball-players-rankings-class-by-class-week-9-4/

PostPosted: 01/13/22 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://wbasketballblog.com/2022/01/10/womens-college-basketball-players-rankings-class-by-class-week-9-4/

Now, THAT'S a better list, imo: at least it gives more kids a nod. It also notes a good number of mid-major stars.

Even on that list, tho....if the Seniors roster doesn't have Lexi Held (DePaul) on it....that ain't right! Also, the compilation is really deficient if Olivia Miles isn't on the Freshman roster.

On the ESPN list there are no freshman and only 2 sophomores. That's okay, imo, but I just think a couple of kids got more cred than is real? [see: #1, 10, 19, 21] And then, kids like Hannah Sjerven and Que Morrison don't even get a mention?

Opinions are opinions.....they are what they are. Razz

Last edited by Howee on 01/13/22 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/13/22 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see how they leave Tennessee's Rae Burrell off either list. I also don't get the love for Ashley Owusu, who I see as basically a truck who shoves her way through people and is wildly inconsistent. Maybe if she were ranked lower on the lists, but definitely not that high.

And since they're looking at the mids too, I think it's too bad they failed to notice JMU's Kiki Jefferson.

PostPosted: 01/13/22 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Now, THAT'S a better list, imo: at least it gives more kids a nod. It also notes a good number of mid-major stars.

Even on that list, tho....if the Seniors roster doesn't have Lexi Held (DePaul) on it....that ain't right! Also, the compilation is really deficient if Olivia Miles isn't on the Freshman roster.

On the ESPN list there are no freshman and only 2 sophomores. That's okay, imo, but I just think a couple of kids got more cred than is real? [see: #1, 10, 19, 21] And then, kids like Hanna Sjerven and Que Morrison don't even get a mention?

Aneela's list is on a week-to-week basis and is based solely on results from that week; you can check her archives for previous weeks' performances.

(now with spelling variations)
Howee

PostPosted: 01/13/22 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

On the ESPN list there are no freshman and only 2 sophomores. That's okay, imo, but I just think a couple of kids got more cred than is real? [see: #1, 10, 19, 21] And then, kids like Hanna Sjerven and Que Morrison don't even get a mention?

Aneela's list is on a week-to-week basis and is based solely on results from that week; you can check her archives for previous weeks' performances.

Ahhh....didn't know that, thank you. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: