RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Geno's Response to Muffet's Claim of ESPN Bias
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamecock1

PostPosted: 01/06/22 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I dunno....I think the article is meant to highlight the women's game, and what it's media presence is/is not. Good PR, overall.

I don't believe Muff and Geno have a genuinely adversarial relationship, away from the game. But if they wanna talk some trash to attract interest....so be it.
Geno looks like he is going through the motion. He doesn't seem to be on his A game with his games or the media. I think it's just too much of it at this point in his life. You just get tired of things.....he seems tired.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/06/22 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecock1 wrote:
Howee wrote:
I dunno....I think the article is meant to highlight the women's game, and what it's media presence is/is not. Good PR, overall.

I don't believe Muff and Geno have a genuinely adversarial relationship, away from the game. But if they wanna talk some trash to attract interest....so be it.
Geno looks like he is going through the motion. He doesn't seem to be on his A game with his games or the media. I think it's just too much of it at this point in his life. You just get tired of things.....he seems tired.

....and us *Old People* get that. Heck, he's only a year older than me, and has led a far more frenetic lifestyle than I ever did. I get the 'tired' thing. Razz

PostPosted: 01/06/22 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Doesn't Geno usually save this stuff for the Final Four?

It's ironic that McGraw's vague and unsupported accusations have only put UConn further into the spotlight. The whole thing smells like a con job.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 01/07/22 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno is spot on. Ask any player to have ever played for Muffet what she is like. I would love to hear Ally Patberg tell a tell all......you Muffet lovers would cringe. And while I am at it, there are many more......

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/07/22 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
Geno is spot on. Ask any player to have ever played for Muffet what she is like. I would love to hear Ally Patberg tell a tell all......you Muffet lovers would cringe. And while I am at it, there are many more......

🤣🤣🤣🤣

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Gamecock1

PostPosted: 01/09/22 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Gamecock1 wrote:
Howee wrote:

....and us *Old People* get that. Heck, he's only a year older than me, and has led a far more frenetic lifestyle than I ever did. I get the 'tired' thing. Razz
He's 3 months older than me and I retired 20 years ago this month. I was so tired of doing the same thing. He lasted longer than I would.

Gamecock1

PostPosted: 01/09/22 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Gamecock1 wrote:
Howee wrote:

He's 3 months older than me and I retired 20 years ago this month. I was so tired of doing the same thing. He lasted longer than I would.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/09/22 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

Sure, pick someone with a helicopter daddy who got mad she couldn't earn a starting job over some eventual WNBA 1st round draft picks (which she'll never be) instead of any of the players who remain close to Muffett and the school and have even come back to work for her. "Any player to have ever played" for her? Why don't we ask Neile Ivey , or any of the Mabreys, or Achonwa, or Diggins, or Ruth Riley, etc., etc., etc.

You can pick any coach and any team and find some disgruntled transferee without much effort, but that proves bupkis.

There's a lot longer list of disgruntled UConn transferees you could ask who would certainly give you different answers than Lobo, for instance.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/09/22 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecock1 wrote:
Howee wrote:
Gamecock1 wrote:
Howee wrote:

yep. I loved my job. Still it was like a great relief to retire. Big weight just lifted off the shoulders. He's pretty stubborn though. Not sure he can step away until his health really deteriorates. For his sake, I hope he does it at the right time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: