RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 Caitlin Clark triple double watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/22 11:01 am    ::: 2022 Caitlin Clark triple double watch Reply Reply with quote

Up to 5 this season.

https://www.siouxlandproud.com/sports/another-triple-double-for-clark-in-no-21-iowa-womens-win/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/06/22 5:31 pm    ::: Re: 2022 Caitlin Clark triple double watch Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Up to 5 this season.

https://www.siouxlandproud.com/sports/another-triple-double-for-clark-in-no-21-iowa-womens-win/

What's the record for a season? I gotta think that is close.

Also, crazy that a single player is leading the nation in scoring AND assists. Has that ever happened before?

Howee

PostPosted: 02/06/22 7:45 pm    ::: Re: 2022 Caitlin Clark triple double watch Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
What's the record for a season? I gotta think that is close.

The record is 8 in one season, which Sabrina Ionescu did in both her junior and senior seasons at Oregon. She also is the only NCAA player to have scored 2000 pts, 1000 reb, and 1000 asst.; that's a record Clark has a shot at cuz, at this point in her sophomore year, she's at 1328/346/377. Points are a given, but can she hit the 500 mark on rebounds and assists this year, to keep pace?

PostPosted: 02/07/22 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only a double double last night, but she did put up a career high 46 pts.

She’s POY this year, and if she can sustain this level of play through 2024, #1 draft pick. Yes, above Bueckers. Above Brink.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/07/22 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

She’s POY this year, and if she can sustain this level of play through 2024, #1 draft pick. Yes, above Bueckers. Above Brink.

Boston might have a thing to say about this. I don’t think Bueckers or Brink are even in the conversation.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/07/22 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Shades wrote:

Boston might have a thing to say about this. I don’t think Bueckers or Brink are even in the conversation.

I think Shades is referring to the 2024 draft!

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/07/22 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

If she wins POY this year over Boston, the SC fans and all the blue check mark "media" members and bloggers on Twitter......are going to lose their minds.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/07/22 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:

If she wins POY this year over Boston, the SC fans and all the blue check mark "media" members and bloggers on Twitter......are going to lose their minds.

As would most people with a brain...

PostPosted: 02/07/22 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:

NNNnnnoooo! Clark and Boston have a LOTTA games left to play. Clark certainly should be in the conversation.

PostPosted: 02/08/22 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was pretty incredible in this game against Michigan. Making Curry shots when time was starting to run out.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eAIweAeWPMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PG4ever

PostPosted: 02/09/22 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know the post is about this year but I like this video from last year--freshman highlights. As the guy (Martin from Basketball Society) says, "Lord, lord, lord." Smile

What makes Caitlin Clark so good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXRvp81QB_E

Shades

PostPosted: 02/27/22 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark has really fallen off as far as triple doubles go, but she put up a good line against Michigan again.
Clark 38 pts (11-18, 8-11 3P, 8-8 FT), 6 reb, 11 ast, 2 TO, 0 blk, 3 stl in 37 min

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/27/22 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:

This is true: you can't lose something you never had to begin with..... Razz

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/27/22 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

re: "Boston vs Clark"

National awards are so hard because it's so impossible to compare players across different conferences, much less different positions. But Boston earned her POY frontrunner status in the non-conference season, and honestly deserves it based on that alone. Clark and Boston have had equally impressive seasons against their own respective conferences, but I don't think you can argue that Clark has done enough to "catch up," despite leading her team to a share of the regular season title in her conference.

Maybe Clark is at least a lock for B1G POY after beating Michigan today? Had Michigan won today and won the conference outright, I think it was a toss-up between Clark and Hillmon, leaning toward Hillmon. But now I think Clark has earned it. Three top-10 wins in two weeks leading to a share of the title. Can't hold her to an arbitrary standard of "team success" anymore.

PostPosted: 02/28/22 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
re: "Boston vs Clark"

National awards are so hard because it's so impossible to compare players across different conferences, much less different positions. But Boston earned her POY frontrunner status in the non-conference season, and honestly deserves it based on that alone. Clark and Boston have had equally impressive seasons against their own respective conferences, but I don't think you can argue that Clark has done enough to "catch up," despite leading her team to a share of the regular season title in her conference.

Maybe Clark is at least a lock for B1G POY after beating Michigan today? Had Michigan won today and won the conference outright, I think it was a toss-up between Clark and Hillmon, leaning toward Hillmon. But now I think Clark has earned it. Three top-10 wins in two weeks leading to a share of the title. Can't hold her to an arbitrary standard of "team success" anymore.

I agree with this assessment. Boston is up there by herself in POY. Caitlin is awesome but needs to clean up turnovers. She's had a number of very high turnover games this season. Add in NaLyssa to get the top 3 players in the country this season.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/28/22 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

duplicate

~rAf

Last edited by readyAIMfire53 on 03/01/22 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/28/22 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I'd vote for Clark. A lot of Boston's pub is because she plays on the #1 team and her performance is substantially boosted by her surrounding team. Clark is, to me, more spectacular, more impressive, and far more critical to her team, and does it herself with the opponent entirely focused on stopping her. Without her, Iowa would be nothing. Without Boston, SCar would still be a contender.

Boston's "lead" is almost entirely a product of her having been annointed by the pundits before a single ball was dribbled this season.

I would pick Clark as national POY in an instant.

And I don't know why Hillmon would be in any discussion where Clark is the other choice.

BTW, notwithstanding the above, I expect Boston to win most of the POY awards because as in all such popularity contests where votes were cast before any games were played, too many voters will never admit to themselves or anyone else that way back in the preseason their predictions were wrong.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/28/22 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston, Clark and.....SMITH! NaLyssa demonstrated tonight just why she is easily justified as the #1 pick for POY. She has the polished athleticism and maturity that Boston is missing yet, and one might find fault with the (few) times Clark has been a bit raw.

Of course, if the only POY criterion was merely who can put the ball in the hoop most interestingly, then it's Clark's hands down. Cool

PostPosted: 03/02/22 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect Boston to win the POY awards because she's earned it in game after game after game. S. Carolina would be competitive without her but she is clearly the #1 reason her team is the unanimous #1 team in the country. When there's a clear best player on the best team AND that player has 20 straight double-doubles, then I would definitely vote for that player as POY. #NotBasedOnHype

I am a BIG NaLyssa fan (watching her play just blows me away) and Caitlin leading the country in scoring AND assists is very impressive. I see them as the clear top 3 and expect the voting will reflect that.

~rAf
Tally24

PostPosted: 03/02/22 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to high jack the thread, but it sucks how bad the POY conversation is on Twitter. I get recommended tweets based on likes, and I always see so many talking about how it’s Boston and no one else. Part of the fun should be having a debate and arguing about it. I do think it’s a really interesting conversation because what are we evaluating? Most outstanding player? Most exciting player? Most valuable player?
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/02/22 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Not to high jack the thread, but it sucks how bad the POY conversation is on Twitter. I get recommended tweets based on likes, and I always see so many talking about how it’s Boston and no one else. Part of the fun should be having a debate and arguing about it. I do think it’s a really interesting conversation because what are we evaluating? Most outstanding player? Most exciting player? Most valuable player?

Yeah, it's toxic out there. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/02/22 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double double is dumb stat to base it off, its way easier for a big to get 10 rebounds than a guard to get 10 assists.

Clark is doing stuff you never see. Boston is good but there are bigs like her all the time.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/02/22 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I am a BIG NaLyssa fan (watching her play just blows me away) and Caitlin leading the country in scoring AND assists is very impressive. I see them as the clear top 3 and expect the voting will reflect that.

All true. I don't think there's a *wrong*choice between them all.

PostPosted: 03/02/22 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Double double is dumb stat to base it off, its way easier for a big to get 10 rebounds than a guard to get 10 assists.

Clark is doing stuff you never see. Boston is good but there are bigs like her all the time.

X______________________

And Clark didn't have to fake any of them to inflate her numbers either.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/02/22 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that... ah, forced... double-double by Boston does not, to me, help her case.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: