RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 12/03/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/03/21 12:19 am    ::: #2 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 12/03/21 Reply Reply with quote

South Orange, NJ - 7:00 PM ET
TV: SNY (Allen Bestwick, Meg Culmo)

Video:
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (tvpli)

Audio:
http://www.wsou.net/streams.cfm#.WaWwgb-tZ4c

Live stats:
https://shupirates.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie

PostPosted: 12/03/21 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

god help me I took a day off from work to make sure I got to this game

(also because I had taken a day off from work for the Iona game on Wednesday and then it turned out they were I-'rona so schedule juggling occurred)

PostPosted: 12/03/21 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall suspends their top rebounder/2nd leading scorer, Andra Espinoza, for violating team rules.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32780085/seton-hall-suspends-andra-espinoza-hunter-women-basketball-game-vs-uconn

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/03/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
Seton Hall suspends their top rebounder/2nd leading scorer, Andra Espinoza, for violating team rules.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32780085/seton-hall-suspends-andra-espinoza-hunter-women-basketball-game-vs-uconn

Well, it's only fair, with Fudd and Griffin not available for tonight for CT. Now the game can be played evenly......

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/03/21 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this the shock and awe basketball expected from UConn this season? Half of that maybe: I'm shocked.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/03/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor DuCharme. She finally gets some 1Q minutes but makes the least of it.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/03/21 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Poor DuCharme. She finally gets some 1Q minutes but makes the least of it.

Is DuCharme being De-Charming with you??

Twisted Evil

linkster

PostPosted: 12/03/21 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's 5 min left and UConn is up 18 pts, on the road in conference.

To Geno and several posters they are underwhelming. Me? I just watch Bueckers. And all my frustration over their fumbling play disappears. Smile

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 12/03/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"We have Paige and nothing else"

Let me correct that...

...and little else"

linkster

PostPosted: 12/03/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

74-49 final. Too many unforced errors.

Bueckers with 23-9-7 plus 5 steals & zero to's. The second or third zero turn over game for her. Juhasz was perfect from behind the arc and had 10 rebounds in 15 minutes.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/03/21 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A win is a win, some say. But I live in the past, and this would have been an easy 40-50 point win in the great Saniya Chong/Tierney Lawlor era.

6-5 freshman Amari DeBerry still hasn't gotten a femtosecond of playing time. Something is very wrong with that, but no one from the media ever asks and there is little commentary.
Queenie

PostPosted: 12/03/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that could have gone better.

Then again, given that Andra was a doofus and got suspended, it could have gone worse.

UConn is just too damn big. Bueckers is good beyond her years. How Nelson-Ododa didn't foul out remains a mystery to me.

Does anyone else get shades of Asjha Jones from Aaliyah Edwards, or am I just crazy?

I would like for Seton Hall to figure out an offense that isn't "chuck a three from two feet behind the arc" and also isn't "Lauren Park-Lane throws up a floater a foot short". I think that would be great for my blood pressure and for Coach Bozzella's blood pressure.

Geno, if you're not going to use the 6-5 kids, can you loan them out to the less fortunate?

PostPosted: 12/04/21 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Is this the shock and awe basketball expected from UConn this season? Half of that maybe: I'm shocked.

count me in the shocked audience. paige appears to be better, but really i see no improvements from anyone else, and am unimpressed with any additions from last year.
i don't know if its a generational thing, but 10-15-20 years ago if a UCONN team lost in the final four (let alone lost in the FF repeatedly), the whole off-season would be dedicated to getting better and 'finishing the job' but not the recent UCONN teams.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/04/21 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

count me in the shocked audience. paige appears to be better, but really i see no improvements from anyone else, and am unimpressed with any additions from last year.
i don't know if its a generational thing, but 10-15-20 years ago if a UCONN team lost in the final four (let alone lost in the FF repeatedly), the whole off-season would be dedicated to getting better and 'finishing the job' but not the recent UCONN teams.

Definitely do not see the Jemelle Elliot/Jen Rizotti/Shea Ralph/Swin Cash/Diana Taurasi types on this team

RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/04/21 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought SH did well considering.

Last edited by RavenDog on 12/04/21 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/04/21 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno did a lot better last year with less talent using honey than this year, so far, using vinegar. Relax a little Geno, it's a long season. Your inability to recruit the big dog is and has been a major problem.

South Carolina has been picking them off. Now they're just too big, too strong, too athletic and too deep for you to beat without a stellar game, but it can be done.

Sweeten up some, teach and train, have more patience, take more responsibility and quit blaming the players. You recruited them, they came to learn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: