RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#18 South Florida vs #7 Stanford - 11/26/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:13 pm    ::: #18 South Florida vs #7 Stanford - 11/26/21 Reply Reply with quote

Nassau, BS - 12:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.flohoops.com/ (sub)

Audio:
https://gostanford.com/showcase?Live=1391

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=378336

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/26/21 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

39-36 USF end of third

singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
39-36 USF end of third

17 of Stanford's 36 points came in the 3rd quarter.

If USF wins today and then wins out (unlikely but not impossible), how high a seed could they get?

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

42-42 with 7:14 left in fourth

Brink dominating again with half of Stanford’s points.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Brink dominating again with half of Stanford’s points.

Demetre and Jump have been difference makers in the second half by complementing Brink in scoring and providing some shooting.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harvey with a clutch three.

55-54 USF with 0:03.7 left

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

57-54 USF final

Huge upset.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford 4-12 from the FT line. Hello Tara! Hello Ms. Brink!

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

You blame Brink because she’s not perfect? Without her this team isn’t even Top 25.

Somebody like Jones should be getting to the line more, but maybe she’s still sick or whatever.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW Pac-12 not having a good day so far. Stanford looks really hamstrung with their guard situation. How will they contain the Maryland up-tempo offense tomorrow?

And if THIS game was surprising (not really - USF is a good team this season), just go see what UCLA is going through right now against Kent State. They trail 39-30 at the half...... Shocked

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't watch the game, but looking at the boxscore, I'm reminded of Oregon last year. A deep roster with a lot of potential contributors, but the unpredictable distribution of minutes might be at the expense of developing chemistry among a core lineup.

Why only 12 combined minutes for Prechtel, Belibi, and Wilson?
Why is Haley Jones coming off the bench if she's going to play 31 minutes anyway?

I know Jones has been day-to-day, but can someone fill me in if I'm missing something? Confused

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game-winning shot for Harvey.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fxINPER9nZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/26/21 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

You blame Brink because she’s not perfect? Without her this team isn’t even Top 25.

Somebody like Jones should be getting to the line more, but maybe she’s still sick or whatever.

I agree Brink is clearly the best on the team. I'm not sure about the 'not top 25' without her, but certainly not top 10. But I think anybody who is a good player should be totally embarrassed by that FT performance...and it did cost them the game. Was it the only thing? no. Why Tara chose to play Bosgana randomly for 8 minutes in the first half is a great mystery. Her whole substitution patterns have been weird. Anna Wilson totally disappearing is a great mystery to me as well. Lots of things to 'blame' but yeah, if you want to be a superstar, you do your homework and make freethrows.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/21 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I agree Brink is clearly the best on the team. I'm not sure about the 'not top 25' without her, but certainly not top 10.

We’ll see where they’re at after this tournament. They have Maryland tomorrow. They might drop out of Top 10 with Brink.

myrtle wrote:
Was it the only thing? no. Why Tara chose to play Bosgana randomly for 8 minutes in the first half is a great mystery. Her whole substitution patterns have been weird. Anna Wilson totally disappearing is a great mystery to me as well. Lots of things to 'blame' but yeah, if you want to be a superstar, you do your homework and make freethrows.

Belibi as well. She was instrumental in the win over Indiana.

Back-to-back games in a different time zone can be wearing, especially for the players that are expected to carry the load. You and TVD expect a lot out of Brink, probably too much.

Maybe TVD’s strategy was to rest players for Maryland. USF should have been beatable without a lot of help, or so she thought.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/26/21 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Brink is a real bad ft shooter. No one was categorizing her. But it is a flaw and one that an elite player only needs to put in some work to correct.

Isn't Jones on some pre-season NPOY lists? Is Brink? She's good but not that good.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/26/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Multiple factors in this one, as is typical.

A. USF is good. Beating Stanford and Oregon, back-to-back, and losing to both UConn and Tennessee by single digits is a good indication.

B. Rebounding: How does a single six-foot post player (Manunga) manage to get 23 rebounds, while posts Brink, Prechtel, AND Belibi COMBINE for a total of 13?? Insane.

C. Free throws matter. And yes, I agree: Tara this is on you. Shocked

Okay, so I'm looking at Stanford's schedule: DANG! They've played/will play ranked Texas, Indiana, Maryland, S. Carolina, Oregon, Oregon St., UCLA, and Arizona. And their current SOS is at #37.......really???? And....Boise St. is #1.

What. Am. I. Missing?? Shocked

PostPosted: 11/26/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

A. USF is good. Beating Stanford and Oregon, back-to-back, and losing to both UConn and Tennessee by single digits is a good indication.

B. Rebounding: How does a single six-foot post player (Manunga) manage to get 23 rebounds, while posts Brink, Prechtel, AND Belibi COMBINE for a total of 13?? Insane.

Okay, so I'm looking at Stanford's schedule: DANG! They've played/will play ranked Texas, Indiana, Maryland, S. Carolina, Oregon, Oregon St., UCLA, and Arizona. And their current SOS is at #37.......really???? And....Boise St. is #1.

Massey rates on an algorithm. Until about 10 games are played in a season the ratings you see are based on stats from recent years. As the matrix of games enlarges the pvevious years stats disappear. By Jan 1 Massey is pretty good. Better than AP, UPI or RPI IMO

linkster

PostPosted: 11/26/21 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Massey rates on an algorithm. Until about 10 games are played in a season the ratings you see are based on stats from recent years. As the matrix of games enlarges the pvevious years stats disappear. By Jan 1 Massey is pretty good. Better than AP, UPI or RPI IMO

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/26/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Haley Jones must be nowhere near 100%.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 11/26/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Howee wrote:

Thank you -- that helps clarify. Cool

PostPosted: 11/26/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford looks confused.

I remember them playing like this in another Carribean Tournament in 2008. So I expect a better version in March.

But it's nice to think that the buttholes of a couple of tree fans have been puckering. Very Happy

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/26/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Linky dear, are you talking about me? Laughing

I'm actually pretty relaxed about it all. I knew this was going to be a challenging year. Kiana Williams was way more important to the team than most outsiders realized. They're still groping around trying to figure things out.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 11/26/21 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I'm actually pretty relaxed about it all. I knew this was going to be a challenging year. Kiana Williams was way more important to the team than most outsiders realized. They're still groping around trying to figure things out.

This outsider knows. Wink

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=100167

linkster

PostPosted: 12/01/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I was referring to any butt. Rolling Eyes

Frankly I rarely get to see PAC12 games. I figured losing one player from a title team wouldn't lead to losing to USF, a team against whom UConn is something like 30-0.

Maybe you should watch a replay of last year's Colorado game. The Trees rebounded from that unexpected loss pretty well.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/02/21 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I’ll be damned UTA aka the smallest college in dallas beat #13 South Florida so that means they can beat the defending champs
Right? Laughing Laughing
Congrats former Merc Sherika Wright on her biggest win as a coach Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: