RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 commits
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/22/21 5:55 pm    ::: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

Komorea Arnold, 5’8 pg out of Wisconsin, commits to UCONN.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/22/21 6:14 pm    ::: Re: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Her height seems to be in great dispute. I've seen everything from 5-5 to 5-10, most often probably 5-6.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/22/21 8:37 pm    ::: Re: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Her height seems to be in great dispute. I've seen everything from 5-5 to 5-10, most often probably 5-6.

if she's not top 5 she won't ever get to play anyway.

SPD

PostPosted: 01/10/22 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

12/31/2021 - Diana Collins (PG) commits to the University of Georgia!

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/239036

https://wbbblog.com/georgia-womens-basketball-recruiting/

linkster

PostPosted: 01/12/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn gets another '23 commitment. This one is Ashlyn Shade, a guard of varying height who is ranked No 5 on ESPN. She fills stat sheets and is reported to be very very tough. Some LV fans thought they had a real good shot at her.

If they add Toomey they will have the 3,5 & 8 in 2023 and will have had the No 1 or No 2 recruiting class for 4 years running.

What's encouraging is that despite UConn getting the first bite of the apple there is still a lot of elite level talent going elsewhere. The apple is looking more like a pumpkin. I doubt that Williams '23 will pick the Huskies. But then Geno only had 2 in '22 so a 4 player class is more likely.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/12/22 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ciera Toomey to UNC.

https://twitter.com/CieraToomey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1513328432461094915%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/12/22 7:13 am    ::: Re: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

My friend who is 5'9" stood next to her at the FF and she said they were about the same height. In a photo of her and Geno I saw, she was noticeably taller than him and I would guess Geno is about 5'7".

I really hope she isn't 5'6"

SPD

PostPosted: 04/26/22 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kymora Johnson, a 5-8 Guard, has been offered a place on the UGA team! She's a 4 Star /94 grade prospect (HoopGurlz - 2023)

https://twitter.com/WVThunderUAA/status/1519071817046056960/photo/1

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/26/22 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
UConn gets another '23 commitment. This one is Ashlyn Shade, a guard of varying height who is ranked No 5 on ESPN. She fills stat sheets and is reported to be very very tough. Some LV fans thought they had a real good shot at her.

If they add Toomey they will have the 3,5 & 8 in 2023 and will have had the No 1 or No 2 recruiting class for 4 years running.

All those #1/#2 classes and no "ship." Like Duke under JPM, except all those #1/#2 teams didn't even get to a FF.

~rAf
SPD

PostPosted: 04/26/22 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting - Diana A Collins (2023 Guard) who committed to UGA and then de-committed when Joni and her staff left has a new offer from Coach Abe and staff.

https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/status/1519101855858634753

Howee

PostPosted: 04/28/22 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Always fun to speculate on who-when-where but this far out, much can change. For example, a gal this young could actually grow some. And someone else might come on up a few notches. The rankings, while not UNimportant, oughtta be taken with at least a tiny grain o' salt.

I'll forever forward take them with a HUGE grain o' salt, for 2 reasons: Aneesah and Morrow. Razz
How a kid of that talent can go unranked escapes me completely. But yeah, the future is still pretty bright out there. I'm thinking THIS class should be less impacted by the "hangers-on" who are taking advantage of the extra seasons.

PostPosted: 04/28/22 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Always fun to speculate on who-when-where but this far out, much can change. For example, a gal this young could actually grow some. And someone else might come on up a few notches. The rankings, while not UNimportant, oughtta be taken with at least a tiny grain o' salt.

I'll forever forward take them with a HUGE grain o' salt, for 2 reasons: Aneesah and Morrow. Razz
How a kid of that talent can go unranked escapes me completely. But yeah, the future is still pretty bright out there. I'm thinking THIS class should be less impacted by the "hangers-on" who are taking advantage of the extra seasons.

I think with covid year,s it also limited how much many of the HS players were seen.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/28/22 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

I think with covid year,s it also limited how much many of the HS players were seen.

To be fair, MaxPreps and ProspectsNation had her at 20 and 45. It was just HoopGurlz that MASSIVELY dropped the ball on that one.

PostPosted: 04/28/22 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the players still taking Covid years, grad transfers, and whatnot, as some of you mention, this could limit the number of freshmen recruits. It makes me wonder if more will go the JUCO route for a year or so.

There is a JUCO in the town where my daughter lives that has for years had a seriously good WBB program. Their longtime coach retired a couple of years ago but AFAIK the team is still doing very well. There are other programs (I'm thinking particularly of some in Texas and Kansas) that are WBB factories. Some players could conceivably choose that route if spots continue to be limited.

PostPosted: 06/25/22 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn women’s basketball added its third commitment to the class of 2023, landing guard/wing Qadence Samuels.

www.hudl.com/profile/14478847

6'1" - 6'2" wing.

Quote:
Samuels, who averages 13.5 points and 6.9 rebounds, has a competitive edge in between the lines that separates her. As she learns to translate that into day-to-day work, consistency and production, watch her stock continue to rise. She has offers from North Carolina, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Florida State, Alabama, Kansas State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech Miami, Mississippi State and Pitt.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33290980/women-college-basketball-recruits-upped-their-stocks-season

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/26/22 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Avree Antony, 5'10 G out of Sun Prairie, WI, verbally commits to Colorado State.
https://madison.com/sports/high-school/basketball/girls/sun-prairies-avree-antony-makes-college-basketball-decision/article

PostPosted: 06/28/22 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/StaileeH/status/1540540778434420740

Still needs development offensively, but a 5'11 G with good athleticism and a good defender

PostPosted: 07/02/22 5:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Virginia Coach Mox got the verbal commitment from No. 42 player in Class of 2023: 6'2 Combo guard Olivia McGhee of Louisa (VA) HS now at IMG Academy. Great news for the Hoos fans!

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/all-sports/uva-womens-basketball-lands-big-time-commitment-from-olivia-mcghee

ucbart

PostPosted: 07/02/22 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
Virginia Coach Mox got the verbal commitment from No. 42 player in Class of 2023: 6'2 Combo guard Olivia McGhee of Louisa (VA) HS now at IMG Academy. Great news for the Hoos fans!

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/all-sports/uva-womens-basketball-lands-big-time-commitment-from-olivia-mcghee

That's a great pickup for her first 3 months on the job. With the right coach, Virginia could easily get back to it's glory days. Great university in an area full of high school talent.

ridor

PostPosted: 07/04/22 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So glad Virginia got rid of Tina Thompson. Coach Mox just snapped another commitment, this time 3-star 6'2 player by the name of Breona "Bre" Hurd of Waynesville, Missouri - she tweeted as of this morning that she committed to Coach Mox and Virginia! She is in the Class of 2024.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 07/07/22 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Horrible situation for Ava and her family. Prayers lifted:

Ava Jones, a rising high school senior from Kansas who verbally committed to Iowa's women's basketball team Sunday, was seriously injured along with her parents when they were struck by a car in Louisville on Tuesday night.

The family was there for the Run 4 the Roses girls' basketball tournament, in which Jones was playing with her club team. They were hit when the vehicle drove onto a sidewalk. The driver who struck them, Michael Hurley, was charged with four counts of first-degree assault and driving under the influence. He told police he had recently taken the drug hydrocodone.

Jones was reported to be in serious condition, and her parents, Amy and Trey Jones, in critical condition. A child reported to be Jones' younger brother was treated for minor injuries. According to Billy Watson of the Hutchinson News in Kansas, Jones' grandmother said Jones was expected to recover, although her injuries have not been made public.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34203197/iowa-women-basketball-commitment-family-seriously-injured-being-struck-car

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 07/08/22 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Ava Jones, a rising high school senior from Kansas who verbally committed to Iowa's women's basketball team Sunday, was seriously injured along with her parents when they were struck by a car in Louisville on Tuesday night.

The family was there for the Run 4 the Roses girls' basketball tournament, in which Jones was playing with her club team. They were hit when the vehicle drove onto a sidewalk. The driver who struck them, Michael Hurley, was charged with four counts of first-degree assault and driving under the influence. He told police he had recently taken the drug hydrocodone.

Jones was reported to be in serious condition, and her parents, Amy and Trey Jones, in critical condition. A child reported to be Jones' younger brother was treated for minor injuries. According to Billy Watson of the Hutchinson News in Kansas, Jones' grandmother said Jones was expected to recover, although her injuries have not been made public.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34203197/iowa-women-basketball-commitment-family-seriously-injured-being-struck-car

Ava's father, Trey Jones, died from his injuries Sad

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2022/07/08/father-killed-louisville-car-crash-ava-jones-iowa-womens-basketball/10016664002/

Ava and her mom Amy remain in critical condition in the hospital according to that article.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/08/22 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Ava's father, Trey Jones, died from his injuries Sad

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2022/07/08/father-killed-louisville-car-crash-ava-jones-iowa-womens-basketball/10016664002/

Ava and her mom Amy remain in critical condition in the hospital according to that article.

So sad.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
okstateguy

PostPosted: 07/19/22 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK State adds yet another guard to their 2023 class in Brenna Butler. High school teammate of Texas Tech frosh Bailey Maupin.

PostPosted: 08/22/22 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jadyn Donovan to Duke. Ranked #3 by ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34443328/jadyn-donovan-no-3-women-basketball-recruit-join-duke-blue-devils

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: