RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#9 Oregon vs #23 South Florida - 11/22/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/22/21 1:05 am    ::: #9 Oregon vs #23 South Florida - 11/22/21 Reply Reply with quote

Paradise Island, BS - 2:30 PM ET
TV: ESPNU (Eric Frede, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/dd3e25b8-50a9-4263-9438-ebcd518f9875 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://www.iheart.com/live/usf-bulls-unlimited-7424/

Live stats:
https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/tournament.php?tid=719

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/22/21 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/22/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

watching the start of this game. Oregon playing almost nobody I recognize. Shocked

It will certainly help their depth later on when/if they get their three starters back.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/22/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
watching the start of this game. Oregon playing almost nobody I recognize. Shocked

It will certainly help their depth later on when/if they get their three starters back.

Keep an eye on Pinto and Hurst, the 2 transfers; BOTH are gonna be big contributors, even later on, imo.

<sigh!> Chalk one up to the school of hard knox. Crying or Very sad

The only stat line that's relevant is the Asst/To line. It tells the whole story.

Last edited by Howee on 11/22/21 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/22/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can someone explain the background of how this USF team was assembled?

They've certainly surprised me, and they apparently surprised a lot of people who make a living supposedly tracking these things and who vote in these polls. #23? I assume they will rise a lot tomorrow. (They certainly should)

Creme currently projected them as an 8 seed, same as MichSt and Duke.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/22/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The difference maker in this one was Dulcy, the transfer from Memphis. It's always hard to tell how a transfer will 'fit'. Congrats to SoFlorida for taking advantage of the situation. Oregon playing without their best post and without either of their players truly capable of playing PG of course has an excuse, whether they choose to take it or not. In this case, I think for them it's short term pain for longer term gain...assuming they do get them back. These losses may make it easier for teams to overlook them later on. Meanwhile some of the bench players get good experience. and yeah, agree with Howee Shocked that Pinto and Hurst will have an impact. I also enjoyed seeing their Freshman BIG Kyei - she has a lot of growing (figuratively) to do but there's definitely potential there. Hopefully they give her a lot of pats on the back because she looks to be her own worst critic.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/22/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The difference maker in this one was Dulcy, the transfer from Memphis. It's always hard to tell how a transfer will 'fit'. Congrats to SoFlorida for taking advantage of the situation. Oregon playing without their best post and without either of their players truly capable of playing PG of course has an excuse, whether they choose to take it or not. In this case, I think for them it's short term pain for longer term gain...assuming they do get them back. These losses may make it easier for teams to overlook them later on. Meanwhile some of the bench players get good experience. and yeah, agree with Howee Shocked that Pinto and Hurst will have an impact. I also enjoyed seeing their Freshman BIG Kyei - she has a lot of growing (figuratively) to do but there's definitely potential there. Hopefully they give her a lot of pats on the back because she looks to be her own worst critic.

There's moments when I think Hurst oughtta be playing pg more than anyone else out there. I've seen her be inconsistent on occasion, but....her A/TO was better than Miss Maddie's today. Pinto has shown much better in previous games, moreso than today.

My only real 'gripe' is that, by now, Prince really should be a more dominant, elite-type post on offense. Lord knows she's had the time to craft her game, and I DO think her defense is good.

PostPosted: 11/22/21 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Optimally neither Scherr nor Hurst would be playing PG. They're doing it because the Duckys have no other choices. Stanford has the same problem, but they are worse off since they don't have a PG in the wings waiting to get healthy. The TOs are obviously a teamwide problem, but IMO stem from not having that primary ball handler.

may_b

PostPosted: 11/22/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO this is one of South Florida's best teams yet (could turn out to be totally wrong).

As in previous years, they'll depend on their defense, but they have actual offense instead of people chucking up shots. It seems like they finally have balance and the ability to put players where they can use their strengths.

Post offense (on purpose) is a new thing also; Shae Leverett has been an offensive black hole, and DFM can actually score.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: