RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

CBU at OrSU 11-17 7 pm Pacific

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/21 10:11 pm    ::: CBU at OrSU 11-17 7 pm Pacific Reply Reply with quote

stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=375683
video: https://pac-12.com/live/oregon-state-university

8 minute in and the two teams are combined 7-13 from three.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/21 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and CBU leads after one: 25-24

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/17/21 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aaaaand this is why I had to include this matchup as a nonconference game to watch. Razz

This Cal Baptist squad has not lost a beat since their near-perfect previous season. I believe they returned basically all of their main players, so they're in midseason form. Oregon State meanwhile is clearly missing the crucially good PG play that they got in Aleah Goodman last season.

But Cal Baptist has been shooting with real confidence thus far. And if the shots keep going in for the rest of the game...

Cal Baptist with the halftime lead on the road against #15 Oregon State, 45-39.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

halfway thru the third and OrSU has caught up. Now we see if Rueck is going to be stubborn and play everybody even if it kills momentum.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
halfway thru the third and OrSU has caught up. Now we see if Rueck is going to be stubborn and play everybody even if it kills momentum.

It's been a fun game, and Rueck has had good adjustments thus far.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OrSU definitely short staffed in the guard dept. I like Van Oel but she IS a Freshman.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

regardless of outcome, CBU with a very impressive showing.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rueck did make all the right defensive adjustments at halftime, as Cal Baptist's offense has completely stalled in this 3Q. Unless the Lancers find it again, it looks like the Beavs will win going away, as their offense continues to move ahead.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beavs definitely clicking NOW.

CB is interesting to watch. Not much size, but mostly seem well-coached.

As I don't follow that *other* OR team too closely, I don't see many of their games; I'm curious....do Aquino or Mitrovic get much playing time, and are they any good?

Last edited by Howee on 11/17/21 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suspect OrSU will be facing a lot of presses this year. They seem to only have two ball handlers.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I suspect OrSU will be facing a lot of presses this year. They seem to only have two ball handlers.

Maybe they can work together with Stanford to figure out a press breaker together. Razz

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
As I don't follow that *other* OR team too closely, I don't see many of their games; I'm curious....do Aquino or Mitrovic get much playing time, and are they any good?

Mitrovic is a part of the rotation. She's big & tall, which can be an effective thing by itself, but isn't a whole lot more than that as a player.

I don't know what the deal is with Aquino. I'm not sure I've ever seen her play a single minute, and this is at least her 3rd season at Oregon State. (Edit: it's actually her 4th. Shocked ) Real Beaver fans may know why she doesn't play.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting differential between the ASST/TOs in the 2 teams. FG% are fairly close, Beavers outrebounding significantly.

Kudos to CBU for not being intimidated by a P5 school. Cool

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:

Mitrovic is a part of the rotation. She's big & tall, which can be an effective thing by itself, but isn't a whole lot more than that as a player.

I don't know what the deal is with Aquino. I'm not sure I've ever seen her play a single minute, and this is at least her 3rd season at Oregon State. (Edit: it's actually her 4th. Shocked ) Real Beaver fans may know why she doesn't play.

Aquino seems to always be in street clothes.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/17/21 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really, really good game for CBU -- if it hadn't been for an implosion in the 3Q, they would've walked away with a big W. Caitlyn Harper is a terrific player.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 11/23/21 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor is Aquino has a heart condition that is likely to keep her off of the court for her tenure at OSU. I notice she hasn't been called into duty for any Paraguayan Women's National team camps or competitions either. I don't expect her to enter the transfer portal.

It's too bad but OSU's first concern is her health and that comes before any competitive considerations.

Everything I hear is that she's very well-liked by her teammates and staff and her scholarship will be honored. Rueck never carries the maximum 15 scholarships so there's no pressure to free up that scholarship.

It's really sad because 6'-9" and moves well (she's been video'd dunking) and she'd be an important player if it weren't for her medical situation.

PostPosted: 11/23/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
Rumor is Aquino has a heart condition that is likely to keep her off of the court for her tenure at OSU.

Hmm, I do recall vaguely hearing about her heart condition now, but maybe I forgot about it because I thought it had gone away at some point. Sad that it has remained with her. Sad Good that Rueck is honoring her scholarship – definitely within his character to do. Thanks very much for sharing this with us!

Howee

PostPosted: 11/24/21 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
Rumor is Aquino has a heart condition that is likely to keep her off of the court for her tenure at OSU.

Here's a nice human interest story on her, written last year, detailing how she arrived where she now is. I had no idea!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913523-andrea-aquino-isnt-hiding-from-anyone-anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: