RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations/Postponements and Reschedules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 12/06/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
Queenie wrote:
(I can't see anything on Iona's Twitter, they have me blocked.)

I just KNOW there's a good story in there, somewhere. Razz

I had the same though!!! Wink

may or may not have cast aspersions on the personality and coaching ability of their current head coach

PostPosted: 12/06/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^ Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

Sacred Heart--Fairfield game pp'd due to COVID case in the SH program.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/07/21 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
Queenie wrote:

may or may not have cast aspersions on the personality and coaching ability of their current head coach

just have Happy check it out for you. Laughing

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/07/21 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Geez - they'd probably have locked you up for real if you'd been a Duke fan the past decade.

~rAf
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/07/21 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marist canceled their game tonight vs Stony Brook due to covid

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/11/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cleveland state on pause...but their website says they plan to play their game on 12-18.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/12/21 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unsurprisingly, since Iona either has or had COVID, and Sacred Heart just hit their COVID pause, Iona's game at Sacred Heart tomorrow ain't happening.

PostPosted: 12/12/21 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I happened to notice that New Hampshire and Boston College didn't play yesterday but neither team appears to be on a covid pause or coming off games against opponents that were on pause. Anybody know what happened there? Seems a bit odd that it was declared a no contest.

Anyway, the NBA is dealing with a lot of covid issues at the moment and the NHL has had some issues as well.

I have a bad, bad feeling about making it through this whole college hoops season.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/12/21 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I have a bad, bad feeling about making it through this whole college hoops season.

Now that you mention it, my memory of LAST season and how Covid impinged on it is a fuzzy memory. I mean, they got through the conference tournaments and March Madness without any cancellations....things don't seem as bad now as then....are they?

PostPosted: 12/12/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I happened to notice that New Hampshire and Boston College didn't play yesterday but neither team appears to be on a covid pause or coming off games against opponents that were on pause. Anybody know what happened there? Seems a bit odd that it was declared a no contest.

Anyway, the NBA is dealing with a lot of covid issues at the moment and the NHL has had some issues as well.

Everything I found was the same press release. It could be because the northeast is a cluster of COVID. MA, NH, VT, RI, and ME are in the highest positive rate per 100,000 group in the country. Along with MI, IN, and MN.
Quote:
Both teams were medically cleared to participate, but New Hampshire declined to play.

https://bceagles.com/news/2021/12/11/womens-basketball-release.aspx

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/12/21 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Now that you mention it, my memory of LAST season and how Covid impinged on it is a fuzzy memory. I mean, they got through the conference tournaments and March Madness without any cancellations....things don't seem as bad now as then....are they?

Well, last year we also had no fans during the regular season and minimal at the NCAA Tournament. We seem to be getting pretty much daily cancellations now as well. I think last year there were far more teams that had to take a "covid pause" and thus far this year, we at least have not had any teams cancel the rest of their season. In addition, since last year ended, we have had the introduction of the Delta variant as well as the latest Omicron variant of covid. And this while arenas are full and masks aren't mandated everywhere.

Last year on the men's side, there was a team that advanced to the NCAA Tournament but was unable to play and thus Oregon advanced to the Round of 32 without playing a game. I think it was either Richmond or VCU if memory serves.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/12/21 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:

Local news says NH requested the game be cancelled due to "non-medical" reasons with no further details.

Howee wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Things, i.e. COVID, are far worse now in northern New England than at any previous point in this pandemic. This surge is enormous by any measure. Hospitals are overflowing, most have no available ICU beds, Maine is waiting for extra staffing from HHS, and NH's governor has activated the National Guard for the same reason. Some hospitals have reportedly had to call dozens of other hospitals to find one that could accept a new critically ill patient, 3 states away. 75% of hospitalized COVID patients are unvaccinated. Routine care and surgeries are being cancelled or delayed for non-COVID patients. (Note that no cases of Omicron have been identified here yet.) This is breaking our healthcare system.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/12/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Everything I found was the same press release. It could be because the northeast is a cluster of COVID. MA, NH, VT, RI, and ME are in the highest positive rate per 100,000 group in the country. Along with MI, IN, and MN.
Quote:
Both teams were medically cleared to participate, but New Hampshire declined to play.

I saw that as well. But, both teams played just a couple nights ago and New Hampshire is supposed to play at Boston University on Monday night. I haven't seen anything about that game being called off. Boston College doesn't play again for another week.

It just seems awfully strange, esp with basically no information.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/12/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

I saw that as well. But, both teams played just a couple nights ago and New Hampshire is supposed to play at Boston University on Monday night. I haven't seen anything about that game being called off. Boston College doesn't play again for another week.

I agree that part is really strange. I'd guess that it goes back to COVID somehow.

I wonder if they think that they may have had some exposure that just hasn't tested positive yet or if they are afraid that they will have too little control of the environment. Maybe someone close to the team is at a really high risk if they get COVID so they are being extra careful with travel.

I also wondered if they were trying to protect against an outbreak because they were going to a holiday tourney (would any team dare do that?), but I looked at their schedule and they are staying home.

Will be interesting to see if anything more comes out about this.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/12/21 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

I agree that part is really strange. I'd guess that it goes back to COVID somehow.

I wonder if they think that they may have had some exposure that just hasn't tested positive yet or if they are afraid that they will have too little control of the environment. Maybe someone close to the team is at a really high risk if they get COVID so they are being extra careful with travel.

I also wondered if they were trying to protect against an outbreak because they were going to a holiday tourney (would any team dare do that?), but I looked at their schedule and they are staying home.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1469874865398288385

A comment on this tweet says, "I am hearing some rumors but will not spread them." Question Question Question

PostPosted: 12/12/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

A comment on this tweet says, "I am hearing some rumors but will not spread them." Question Question Question

Integrity. So overrated!!! Wink Laughing

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/12/21 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Well geez, that adds to the intrigue. Boston University put a story on their website reminding fans about the game tomorrow night vs UNH. It even included the fact that their last game scheduled was a no contest. So, it appears as though Boston University is planning on UNH showing up.

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what on earth happened. So bizarre.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/14/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pauses at Cornell due to overall campus numbers rising and Tulane due to positive cases within the program.

PostPosted: 12/14/21 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add New Orleans and Jacksonville

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/14/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like UNO has actually been on pause since 12/11 and is extending it, so yikes for them

PostPosted: 12/15/21 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a follow-up, New Hampshire did play their game at Boston University on Monday night. This just adds to the bewilderment as to why they just flat out refused to play at Boston College on Saturday.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/15/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did they "just flat out refuse" to play? There was apparently a ice storm in the Seacoast area Friday night and Saturday morning, with ice accumulations of .1" to .25", so maybe they decided it wasn't safe to travel. Or maybe there was a memorial service for the UNH student that drowned a few days earlier. IDK...I don't live down there. It's quite possible they asked BC to agree to cancel the game and BC said yes.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/15/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Did they "just flat out refuse" to play? There was apparently a ice storm in the Seacoast area Friday night and Saturday morning, with ice accumulations of .1" to .25", so maybe they decided it wasn't safe to travel. Or maybe there was a memorial service for the UNH student that drowned a few days earlier. IDK...I don't live down there. It's quite possible they asked BC to agree to cancel the game and BC said yes.

Sure. But why wouldn't that be in the release? Here's what UNH put out in the form of a release on their website:

Quote:
DURHAM, N.H. – Today's scheduled 4 p.m. women's basketball game between the University of New Hampshire and Boston College at Conte Forum has been canceled. Per NCAA rules, the game will be ruled a no contest.

There is no makeup date for the game.

For more information click here.

And when you "click here", it takes you to BC's official release, which was this:

Quote:
The scheduled 4 p.m. contest between Boston College women's basketball and New Hampshire in Conte Forum has been canceled.

Both teams were medically cleared to participate, but New Hampshire declined to play. Per NCAA rules, the game is ruled a no contest.

Like I said before, neither team had been dealing with a covid pause, whether it was themselves or a recent opponent. So, I guess my choice of the words "just flat out refuse" had to do with the wording from BC when they said "UNH declined to play".

I mean, who would bat an eye if they said "The UNH vs Boston College women's basketball game has been canceled due to (either the travel conditions or something re: the lost student)"?

It just seems very odd, that's all I'm saying.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/16/21 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YPSILANTI, Mich. (EMUEagles.com) — The Eastern Michigan University women's basketball team announced today, Dec. 16, that its upcoming games against IUPUI, Dec. 18, and the University of Michigan, Dec. 22, have been canceled.

Due to the fast-approaching Mid-American Conference schedule, the games will not be made up.

EMU will return to play Wednesday, Dec. 29, against Bowling Green State University inside the George Gervin GameAbove Center. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/16/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan State on pause, necessitating the postponement of their game against Kentucky.

TCU goes on pause, canceling two games against UC Riverside and Incarnate Word.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: