RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

throwback: classic spartak games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
female-buckets

PostPosted: 11/08/21 11:28 pm    ::: throwback: classic spartak games Reply Reply with quote

Hi! First of all, I'm new here so hi.

Second of all, I'm obsessed with classic Spartak. I've scoured the internet and I've only come up with 2. 2 games out of 4 star-studded championship seasons!!

2007/08 regular EuroLeague game, Spartak v UMMC
features: Birdie, LJ, and Dee beat up Penny. LJ w/ 4 fouls at the half. UMMC huskies Svet and Asjha Jones bring some heat. Kelly Miller's bangs. Kristi Harrower being too cool. But Tina Thompson and Tweety are MIA Sad

2008/09 EuroLeague championship final, Spartak v Avenida
features: 23 yr old rookie Sylvia Fowles with a busted hand plays sharp as a vet (she only missed one of DT's hyper assists). LJ plays limited ankle minutes. Kelly Miller's bangs (again). Sylvia Dominguez tries the "beat up Birdie" strategy. Birdie responds in kind. We even get a bit of Rage Sue, my favorite. Lots of Avenida angst. Le'Coe Willingham gets T'd up. Entire Spartak roster finishes with 3 or 4 fouls apiece. And of course, DT flashes the crowd at the end.

I found those two, and I found this page full of dead links to Spartak game videos.

So basically, I need more. I need them all. 2006-2010. Final fours, Russian finals, Supercups. Random regular season matchups. These games must be out there somewhere. If you have any leads on where I can find classic Spartak, share them here!

You can share highlight videos, too. I'm sure people are interested. But games... GAMES!!! We need to find these full games.

Bonus challenge: 2005-06 Dynamo Moscow? I know this would be an extremely rare find but it would be hilarious to watch.

Last edited by female-buckets on 11/09/21 3:03 am; edited 3 times in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/09/21 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't help you with Spartak games, but welcome to the board. Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/09/21 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! I like it here.

Here's a little gift. I've seen this too many times. DT, LJ, and Syl hanging out in Paris before the 2008/09 Europe v Rest of the World All-star game. Sue's MIA for whatever reason, so rookie Syl is the only adult present lol
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O3RTb2lOs6s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Rest of the World captain didn't want to pick Syl for the final roster. So naturally, DT and LJ ditched at the last minute so Syl could play. Syl, who they nearly snubbed, records the first dunk in a Euro all-star game
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JR77f2EIFHk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The music... only in Europe Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 11/09/21 3:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I used to have a lot of those games Sad Now it hards to find any.
If you look at the videos of this youtube poster you can find multiple games (all chopped in different parts though)

https://www.youtube.com/user/jammerakwaii/videos

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
female-buckets

PostPosted: 11/09/21 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I used to have a lot of those games Sad Now it hards to find any.
If you look at the videos of this youtube poster you can find multiple games (all chopped in different parts though)

https://www.youtube.com/user/jammerakwaii/videos

omg thank you!! two full games and tons of highlights!! (and vintage Sue with the New York accent!)
I've doubled my Spartak supply already!

Finding that old page of dead Spartak download links gave me hope. Somebody somewhere has them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: