RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021-22 Exhibition Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/04/21 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Oh goodness, sounds like Ashley Joens (Iowa state) took an awkward fall 1 minute into their exhibition game tonight and went to the locker room. Hope it's nothing serious.

Well, fuck. Was perusing Cyclone Fanatic and they said she had a slight limp walking out of the locker room after half time. Did not enter the game again.

PostPosted: 11/05/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2021/11/wbb-cyclones-blow-out-wisconsin-river-falls-new-faces-standout/

Quote:
The catch is, the team did it without the help of star player Ashley Joens. After rolling her ankle and falling awkwardly in the first minute of the game, Joens went to the locker room and didn’t return.

While she’s banged up, Fennelly didn’t think Joens’ status would be anything to worry about as the season officially starts Tuesday.

“She rolled her ankle (and) went to the training room,” Iowa State coach Bill Fennelly said. “They came back and said we need to keep her out. She’s had a sore ankle, nothing that keeps her out of the game. She’s off to a rough start. We had a scrimmage on Sunday and she got clocked early.”

Fennelly wasn’t worried about it, and with the results of the game not counting the staff opted to keep her on the bench.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/05/21 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mred wrote:
https://cyclonefanatic.com/2021/11/wbb-cyclones-blow-out-wisconsin-river-falls-new-faces-standout/

Quote:
The catch is, the team did it without the help of star player Ashley Joens. After rolling her ankle and falling awkwardly in the first minute of the game, Joens went to the locker room and didn’t return.

While she’s banged up, Fennelly didn’t think Joens’ status would be anything to worry about as the season officially starts Tuesday.

“She rolled her ankle (and) went to the training room,” Iowa State coach Bill Fennelly said. “They came back and said we need to keep her out. She’s had a sore ankle, nothing that keeps her out of the game. She’s off to a rough start. We had a scrimmage on Sunday and she got clocked early.”

Fennelly wasn’t worried about it, and with the results of the game not counting the staff opted to keep her on the bench.

Hope this is true and not just coach speak. Also, if Joens took a hard hit in the scrimmage against South Dakota and spent a lot of time on the bench after that, that may help explain the rumored result.

PostPosted: 11/06/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mred wrote:

Quote:

Hope this is true and not just coach speak. Also, if Joens took a hard hit in the scrimmage against South Dakota and spent a lot of time on the bench after that, that may help explain the rumored result.

Did anyone see the game, and if so, any comments on F. Maggie Vick? Did she play? I'm interested because she's from the town where I used to live and her mom is a friend and my former MD.

PostPosted: 11/06/21 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Did anyone see the game, and if so, any comments on F. Maggie Vick? Did she play? I'm interested because she's from the town where I used to live and her mom is a friend and my former MD.

Unfortunately it wasn't televised so I didn't see it (I live several hours away and only attend a game every couple years or so). Vick is one of four posts who will likely be splitting time relatively equally early in the season -- she didn't score in her 14 minutes of playing time, but she had four rebounds, two assists, and a block.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/06/21 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mred wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Unfortunately it wasn't televised so I didn't see it (I live several hours away and only attend a game every couple years or so). Vick is one of four posts who will likely be splitting time relatively equally early in the season -- she didn't score in her 14 minutes of playing time, but she had four rebounds, two assists, and a block.

Sounds very good. I was appalled at where her parents chose to send her for high school (it's a proto-IMG with "Christian" in the name because of who fronted the $$ for it) when they had other equally good choices, but she is a good kid and a good player and I'm anxious to see how she develops.

PostPosted: 11/06/21 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vick isn't even the only freshman from the greater Knoxville area on ISU's roster. Denae Fritz of Maryville stated the game and had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 turnovers, and a block. People who attended the game were very impressed with her

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/07/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
it's hard to tell anything from most of these games. Usually the P5 teams have more competition in their own scrimmages. Some of the teams they play don't even have a six footer on their roster so especially for the bigs, it's just a walk in the park. I'm really not sure what the point is...

One thing we can tell is who is actually playing. Kudos to Oregon for actually telling us why Rogers and Paopao were not playing, but way too often it becomes a guessing game as to why someone did not play. Still it is a feet on the ground look. (or in a boot)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: