RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA 2021-2022 Fantasy League Draft Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/24/21 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally?!?!? You’re up! Five hours left!

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/21 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe we can get someone else to make a pick for Tally?

tbinta

PostPosted: 10/24/21 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or just skip them can make pick when return

PostPosted: 10/24/21 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Tally posted after the WNBA final that he'd be on the board less until WCBB gets rolling. Probably not realize the draft is happening. Maybe a neutral party make a logical pick for him, as myrtle suggested?

PostPosted: 10/24/21 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we just have the next person make their pick, and when he shows up at whatever point, he puts his pick in then.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/24/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t feel comfortable making a pick before Myrtle goes, I’m out this evening so I can’t make any decisions till the morning. It seems like the consensus is to make a pick? Any thoughts one way or another?

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 10/24/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
I don’t feel comfortable making a pick before Myrtle goes, I’m out this evening so I can’t make any decisions till the morning. It seems like the consensus is to make a pick? Any thoughts one way or another?

I think Myrtle should pick, and then you, etc…. When Tally shows up, at whatever point, he makes his pick and we keep moving.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just feel like it would be hard for anyone to make up if they don't get somebody decent in the first two rounds. That's why I thought maybe Queenie or Gef or somebody else who at least pays some attention to the NCAA game could make a pick or two. Then if she/he still hasn't shown up we go on and let them fill in their lineup later. Otherwise it's pretty disheartening to have a lineup with no really good player in it.

One idea would be to wait until the end of the second round if Tally hasn't shown up then and have the third party make two picks at that time. That way we have time to find the third party volunteer and nobody who is here now gets penalized.

But I will go ahead and make my pick in an hour when Tally's time expires and Coyote can decide where to go from there.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/24/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myrtle, go ahead with your pick if you’re still up. I’ll make a decision about Tally’s player. I think what we may do to make it fair, is have both of us move up a spot in the draft order and then I will select Tally’s player. I’m not sure I’m capable of being impartial prior to my pick.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With my first pick I will surprise a few people and go with another of last year's super Freshmen, just one who is a little less known:

Diamond Johnson, G, Rutgers

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/24/21 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
With my first pick I will surprise a few people and go with another of last year's super Freshmen, just one who is a little less known:

xxxxxxxx, x, Rutgers

Oh, myrtle, do you know she transferred to NC State??? It's a big loss for the B1G as a conference

PostPosted: 10/24/21 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:

xxxxxxxx, x, Rutgers

Oh, myrtle, do you know she transferred to NC State??? It's a big loss for the B1G as a conference

oops. I told you I hadn't done enough research....Well hopefully she is as good there.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/24/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:

xxxxxxxx, x, Rutgers

oops. I told you I hadn't done enough research....Well hopefully she is as good there.

If you want a take back I don't object. Laughing But either way it's a gutsy move, which I respect. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/24/21 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not my circus, not my clowns, but.....can't tally just go last (#13), and pick up again to follow #5, when it's his turn?

*I'D* gladly suggest he pick Teh'ina Pao Pao. (g - OR). Cool

PostPosted: 10/24/21 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Not my circus, not my clowns, but.....can't tally just go last (#13), and pick up again to follow #5, when it's his turn?

I think Tally works at LSU and is maybe also a UConn fan, so I'm thinking an SEC player or E.Coast player would be more appropriate than out here in the wild West.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/25/21 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

I think Tally works at LSU and is maybe also a UConn fan, so I'm thinking an SEC player or E.Coast player would be more appropriate than out here in the wild West.

Right,

I'm back. Sorry to be out this evening while the discussions were going on.

Here is my vote moving forward. We'll move forward with the draft order until Tally returns. If Tally does not return prior to the end of the first round, I will insert them at the bottom of the draft order and make selections on their behalf moving forward -- and if anyone out there wants to volunteer to draft on Tally's behalf let me know. I'll take Howee's input under advisement when it comes time to draft at #12.

As it is, I've struggled with this decision because I know that Rhyne is coming off a slightly disappointing year, but Coyotes will go to the state of Kentucky and select....Rhyne Howard, University of Kentucky.

The order for the remainder of this round will be:

1 Pureformofthegame
2 HoopSmom
3 Undersized_post
4 tbinta
5 Hoopmom
6 myrtle
7 Coyotes
8 Cooper2009
9 ucbart
10 okstateguy
11 AdamJ95
12 Tally24

Cooper2009 is on the clock!

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 10/25/21 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Miller from the University of Maryland

PostPosted: 10/25/21 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCBart is on the clock

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maddy Siegrist-Villanova

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:

As it is, I've struggled with this decision because I know that Rhyne is coming off a slightly disappointing year, but Coyotes will go to the state of Kentucky and select....Rhyne Howard, University of Kentucky.

Yeah, nothing has been as str8 forward this year as in the past. It seems like there is a caveat with everyone. Rhyne is relatively safe bet though. I wouldn't have picked my Diamond if I knew she was at NCState. It's a bigger gamble than I would ordinarily make in round one. Like, will she even get playing time? But hey, it's all in fun and I can dream. Maybe she takes them to the promised land this year!

BTW: I would be happy to make one of Tally's picks. Actually I think it would be good if a variety of people do so, depending on how long it takes for her to show up.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK State is on the clock!

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 10/25/21 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

Yeah, nothing has been as str8 forward this year as in the past. It seems like there is a caveat with everyone. Rhyne is relatively safe bet though. I wouldn't have picked my Diamond if I knew she was at NCState. It's a bigger gamble than I would ordinarily make in round one. Like, will she even get playing time? But hey, it's all in fun and I can dream. Maybe she takes them to the promised land this year!

BTW: I would be happy to make one of Tally's picks. Actually I think it would be good if a variety of people do so, depending on how long it takes for her to show up.

Diamond was just named to the Nancy Lieberman watchlist for point guard of the year.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/25/21 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

I believe Tally is a *he*....in the event pronouns matter here, haha! Laughing

PostPosted: 10/25/21 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I believe Tally is a *he*....in the event pronouns matter here, haha! Laughing

Tally will have to straighten us out on that. I don't know why I thought it was a she, but could be wrong.

Anyway OKStateguy is on the clock.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/25/21 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coyote, FYI it looks like OKStateguy hasn't posted anything here on the college threads since last Tuesday - on the B12 thread. His comment about the fantasy "I wouldn't be opposed to one" was not exactly a resounding yes...so I'm wondering if he really wants to participate? I'm thinking we can't really afford to take 4 days to do one round of the draft even assuming it will speed up once we get that first round in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: