RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021-2022 Fantasy League?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/22/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I was being too optimistic with that. I would say 24 hours is a better ideal timeline -- any objections, please speak now or forever hold your peace. I tend to be a good draft moderator and try to keep things moving.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/22/21 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureform and Lynx have both played in past years. Maybe one of them would like to join?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/22/21 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You'll notice that there's massive work yet to be done on the spreadsheet to add additional players and to get the stats to automatically give us results, but this year's standings shall be hosted here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cq8lWNjnF_9nhhETorL0vaJ1wFKAYFUOc1LNMITv8Wg/edit?usp=sharing

As we get closer to the season, I'll explain how inputting data works for those bold enough to add information -- but again, just starting to compile information on this thread so that we can get the ball rolling. I'll collate everything somewhere.

I'm almost tempted to start a new thread so that I can have ownership of the first posts to provide updated information and store draft information in an easy place for everyone to find.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/22/21 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
You'll notice that there's massive work yet to be done on the spreadsheet to add additional players and to get the stats to automatically give us results, but this year's standings shall be hosted here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cq8lWNjnF_9nhhETorL0vaJ1wFKAYFUOc1LNMITv8Wg/edit?usp=sharing

As we get closer to the season, I'll explain how inputting data works for those bold enough to add information -- but again, just starting to compile information on this thread so that we can get the ball rolling. I'll collate everything somewhere.

I'm almost tempted to start a new thread so that I can have ownership of the first posts to provide updated information and store draft information in an easy place for everyone to find.

Thank you for making this! Could you change the access settings so it can be viewed? (and edited?) Or would you prefer we request access?

PostPosted: 10/22/21 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

Thank you for making this! Could you change the access settings so it can be viewed? (and edited?) Or would you prefer we request access?

It should be changed for viewing. I'll allow for edits once I get it completely set up. I'm still working on making sure all the players get added and more importantly that the stats work out as intended. There's still some work to be done on that!

Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 10/22/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, Iā€™m in!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/22/21 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wohoooo! Iā€™m feeling vindicated for waiting another day now. welcome back to the madness!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/22/21 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Current and Potentially Final Roster:

1. Adamj
2. OKStateGuy
3. UCBart
4. Undersized_Post
5. Tally
6. Hoopmom
7. Coyotes
8. Cooper2009
9. HoopSmom
10. Myrtle
11. Tbinta
12. Pureform

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/23/21 2:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just PM the draft board to Coyote. Good luck to all the participates this season!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/23/21 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anxiously awaiting the first lottery pick! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/23/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So since this is my first fantasy draft, any tips on drafting?

PostPosted: 10/23/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:

I like to go for some P5 players that you know will put up stats, and then go after mid major players as they will usually put up more stats than a player on a stacked power 5 team.

PostPosted: 10/23/21 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good morning, fantasy league drafters! For organization, I have created a new thread for the draft board! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/23/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:

There are multiple strategies to embark upon.
I tend to like balance, but part of that is because of the older version of the game where we totaled up all the numbers for the year. This game is a bit different since it is week to week and you just have to win six categories each week, so theoretically you could decide on seven or eight categories (a couple extra to be safe) and just try to win those and give up on the other two. I haven't seen this strategy exactly but theoretically it could be a winner.

So in my strategy, I look for players that can help a lot in several categories, but not hurt too much in any others. It's kind of middle of the road. If I take a player that does hurt in a category then I usually try to find someone else to balance out that negative.

I haven't had time this year to do it, but schedule can also be a factor. If you take a mid, you don't want to have to play them against UCONN, SoCaro, Tenn, Baylor etc...

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/23/21 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

you know you're up? and we're drafting over here: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=100087

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/23/21 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

you know you're up? and we're drafting over here: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=100087

I do now!! Razz Sorry for the delay.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And as I finally get around to looking at schedules (thanks to delays in drafting), I realize there is an issue we may need to address. A very limited number of players actually play on Christmas week. Do we maybe want to include the first part of that week in the previous week, and the Monday into the following week, thereby eliminating that week for our game purposes?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/25/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I was partially waiting on constructing the schedule until I knew the exact number of players as it's a pain to put together. It sounds like we'll have ten players, so I think a double round robin against all players sounds like a fun and fair exercise until those Miracles complete a clean sweep of me. This means that we might play two people in a given week -- which might challenge your strategy, but I think the more "games" we have going on, the merrier it will be.

I'm also going to have to get that spreadsheet to behave in giving us automatic results. How rude of Matt to take his spreadsheet savviness away from me -- but I think I'll find a way to make it work once I study the formula he was using.

I think you're right on that timeframe for Christmas -- that makes sense to combine that into two weeks.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/25/21 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Yeah, I think I was partially waiting on constructing the schedule until I knew the exact number of players as it's a pain to put together. It sounds like we'll have ten players, so I think a double round robin against all players sounds like a fun and fair exercise until those Miracles complete a clean sweep of me. This means that we might play two people in a given week -- which might challenge your strategy, but I think the more "games" we have going on, the merrier it will be.

I'm also going to have to get that spreadsheet to behave in giving us automatic results. How rude of Matt to take his spreadsheet savviness away from me -- but I think I'll find a way to make it work once I study the formula he was using.

I think you're right on that timeframe for Christmas -- that makes sense to combine that into two weeks.

I had editing rights on Matt's spreadsheet so could just go in there and give you editing rights if that would help. If you want me to do that though I need the link to it as I'm not sure where it is.

And I remember it was a pain setting up the matchups. Enjoy.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/25/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I had editing rights too -- and I actually started moving things to a spreadsheet for this year -- I'll figure it out preferably with a glass of something in hand.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/26/21 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question for the rules folks: can we start a player who is eligible as a TF in one of the regular F spots? In other words, can we have multiple TF's in our lineups? (Obviously anyone can play the U position.) Thinking about my strategy...

PostPosted: 10/26/21 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Question for the rules folks: can we start a player who is eligible as a TF in one of the regular F spots? In other words, can we have multiple TF's in our lineups? (Obviously anyone can play the U position.) Thinking about my strategy...

So, if they are listed as a C/P I would say they are unable to play a regular F spot; however, if they are listed as F, who so happens to be over 6'2'' they can play the F, U, or TF spots.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/30/21 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Working on a spreadsheet that will produce preseason rankings for all of our teams based on stats from last year. Twisted Evil Will share when the draft is complete.

PostPosted: 10/30/21 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Working on a spreadsheet that will produce preseason rankings for all of our teams based on stats from last year. Twisted Evil Will share when the draft is complete.

I love this, thank you in advance!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/31/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

---

Last edited by undersized_post on 11/04/21 9:43 pm; edited 7 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: