RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2022
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/17/21 5:50 pm    ::: Phoenix Mercury 2022 Reply Reply with quote

One more year? #goat

I say shuffle the deck on every roster player other than BG, SDS, DT, Turner and maybe Cunningham. Toss up on keeping Peddy.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 10/17/21 5:55 pm    ::: Re: Phoenix Mercury 2022 Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
One more year? #goat

I say shuffle the deck on every roster player other than BG, SDS, DT, Turner and maybe Cunningham. Toss up on keeping Peddy.

A healthy Bria Hartley is an asset. Who knows how often that's gonna happen.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 5:57 pm    ::: Re: Phoenix Mercury 2022 Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
One more year? #goat

Bria should be kept. Vaughan, Walker and Smith need to be gone like tonight.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 5:58 pm    ::: Re: Phoenix Mercury 2022 Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
One more year? #goat

A healthy Bria Hartley is an asset. Who knows how often that's gonna happen.

Well she'll be healthier than Kia Nurse when the season starts so I think she's a lock.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rebecca Allen would be an interesting addition. She’s one heck of a defender on the perimeter and maybe the Opals connection to Sandy will be useful if PHX is interested. She seems to really like it in NY.

With no picks, all moves would have to be done through free agency. Im okay with Peddy not returning.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First things first, we need the GOAT back.
Second, freaking sign Sophie.

Assuming these two things happen

Diggins/Hartley
Diana/Hartley
Sophie/??
Turner/??
Brit/??

If we could get one capable wing and one capable post, we’d be set.

IMO, we lost cause of depth - some not our fault. I thought Bria would be ready to go earlier, Diana was injured the whole year, and Nurse was injured.

But some we knew going into the season…aka..no back up post player.

Gotta give the starters some rest. If we could get a backup that could play both PF and Center that would be ideal..and assuming we get DT and Sophie back..should be our first concern (as we could probably do with a four guard rotation with Diana stepping Into the 3 spot occasionally.)

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turner has to develop her shot!!!!!!!!!! I cannot express this enough!!!!

Now that that is out of the way, I think the biggest concerns are keeping Sophie and a backup Center. We have to stop playing BG for 35 to 40 minutes a night.

Who are the free agent posts that aren't too expensive? What's the options we have?

I love Peddy but I believe we can find someone else to play at the 1/2. Smith, Vaughan, and Walker need to go! I would like to develop Walker but I don't know if Sandy has those capabilities.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Turner has to develop her shot!!!!!!!!!! I cannot express this enough!!!!

Now that that is out of the way, I think the biggest concerns are keeping Sophie and a backup Center. We have to stop playing BG for 35 to 40 minutes a night.

Who are the free agent posts that aren't too expensive? What's the options we have?

I love Peddy but I believe we can find someone else to play at the 1/2. Smith, Vaughan, and Walker need to go! I would like to develop Walker but I don't know if Sandy has those capabilities.

We’ve got Hartley already. If she was healthy this year, Peddy wouldn’t have had the chance to play, so she isn’t a necessity now..although if we can fit her in and she wants to come back..I’d like to have her.

And yes, agree completely on Turner (then she’d be an all star..) and backup post. No more Vaughn.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I choose to interpret this as a statement from Taurasi that she is leaving the door open for another year with Phoenix, and that she is looking forward to being there for numerous more BG slams.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I choose to interpret this as a statement from Taurasi that she is leaving the door open for another year with Phoenix, and that she is looking forward to being there for numerous more BG slams.

She probably broke her hand too.

By the time she actually retires, she’s gonna be a big stick with a bandaid. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/17/21 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have the best player in the world. What are we going to put around her to win a title and how are we going to pay for it?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/17/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
We have the best player in the world. What are we going to put around her to win a title and how are we going to pay for it?

Breanna Stewart plays for Phoenix?

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/17/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Last offseason, there were rumors of Tina Charles coming to Phoenix. I know she’s mentioned being interested in winning a championship, so maybe she’ll take a paycut to join the runner-ups Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/17/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

You’re on a roll tonight 🤣🤣

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 10/17/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Last offseason, there were rumors of Tina Charles coming to Phoenix. I know she’s mentioned being interested in winning a championship, so maybe she’ll take a paycut to join the runner-ups Laughing

Pay cut …? but I’d trade Turner and then some for Charles for 2-3 years next to Griner.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Pay cut …? but I’d trade Turner and then some for Charles for 2-3 years next to Griner.

Vaughn is making 110k. Maybe Tina will be willing to play for around that at a chance for championships because I don’t think Vaughn should be back under any circumstance. Highly unlikely, but PHX really is missing just a few pieces to be a legitimate contender.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles put up MVP numbers this season. She should be getting a MAX SALARY from any team that wants her services.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Charles put up MVP numbers this season. She should be getting a MAX SALARY from any team that wants her services.

If she wants what she says she wants, she can’t be taking that kind of money.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

She’s already said THIS offseason that what she wants most is to win a championship. Not many current contenders will be able to legitimately give her the max if that’s what she wants.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

She’s already said THIS offseason that what she wants most is to win a championship. Not many current contenders will be able to legitimately give her the max if that’s what she wants.

But sign me up! As long as Turner is still able to make a major defensive impact off the bench, that’s a healthy team away from a title.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/18/21 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

If she wants what she says she wants, she can’t be taking that kind of money.

Charles is in a weird position

some teams could offer her the max Atl maybe Dallas

other teams could offer her less like PX might be able to scrape together 120k if they give her Vaughn's money and they swap out Walker for a minimum contract (As it is PX is going to have trouble signing their own free agents another team can easily out bid them for Cunningham or Nurse anything above 90K will be hard fro them to match).

but with the ring hunting talk she could just take less and stay with Washington or if Cambage doesn't return LV could probably make a better offer than PX

Charles is definitely a player to watch in the off season

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/18/21 4:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not trying to be a jerk but with PX's lack of cap space something like this seems quite possible

SDS/Heal(Minumum)
Hartley/Peddy(slightly above minimum)
Taurasi/Bradford(slightly above minimum)
Turner/Breland(slightly above vet minimum)/Smith(Minimum) or Walker
Griner/Plaisance(vet minimum)

If PX cuts Vaughn they have about 350K for 5 players or about 70K a player and that is if they go with 11 again.

Maybe they can hold onto Cunningham or Nurse but they would have to hope no other team comes at them with 90k contracts because that would price them out.

Player like Bradford, Breland and Plaisance could contribute and they might be the type of players that won't be getting as competitive of offers as say Nurse or Cunningham (I could be wrong).

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/18/21 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Not trying to be a jerk but with PX's lack of cap space something like this seems quite possible

SDS/Heal(Minumum)
Hartley/Peddy(slightly above minimum)
Taurasi/Bradford(slightly above minimum)
Turner/Breland(slightly above vet minimum)/Smith(Minimum) or Walker
Griner/Plaisance(vet minimum)

If PX cuts Vaughn they have about 350K for 5 players or about 70K a player and that is if they go with 11 again.

Maybe they can hold onto Cunningham or Nurse but they would have to hope no other team comes at them with 90k contracts because that would price them out.

Player like Bradford, Breland and Plaisance could contribute and they might be the type of players that won't be getting as competitive of offers as say Nurse or Cunningham (I could be wrong).

Maybe, but realistically speaking I’d be pretty surprised if a team threw 90k at Cunningham. Not because she doesn’t deserve it, but that’s really the kind of money you’d hope to spend on someone that’ll come in and start. Which teams across the league have that kind of money to spend? Atlanta and maybe Dallas? But when you think of what Dallas has, it probably wouldn’t make sense to spend that kind of money on another wing.

Nurse is a little more likely to get an offer like that, but with her ACL injury happening as late as it did who knows. If a team threw nearly 100k at her, the first year of any contract would be spent rehabbing. I’m sure some teams might be willing to take that risk, but again, how many teams realistically have all that money to spend?

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 10/18/21 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

🤣 we’d core her before we’d let her go. If Sue comes back and Stewie stays healthy we win our 5th ship.

PostPosted: 10/18/21 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honest question: Why do people thing Cunningham will be in Phoenix next season? Mercury could have made that happen and chose not to. What is the reasoning that they will change their mind and want to keep her? Why would Cunningham choose to stay after Phoenix tried to cut her loose?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: