Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 12/14/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
https://people.com/parents/candace-parker-expecting-second-child/

Wow! 2 years!! Helluva long time to keep something like this under wraps. Congrats CP

Haven't people known for a while? We're just conditioned as old school fans that it is someone inappropriate to state the obvious.

Congrats to her!

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/14/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://blacksportsonline.com/2021/12/candace-parker-announces-shes-having-baby-with-her-wife-anya-petrakova-parker-previously-was-married-to-ex-nba-player-shelden-williams/

PostPosted: 12/14/21 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Wow! 2 years!! Helluva long time to keep something like this under wraps. Congrats CP

Haven't people known for a while? We're just conditioned as old school fans that it is someone inappropriate to state the obvious.

Congrats to her!

Given the explosions on social media today, no, this definitely wasn't considered common knowledge.

Congrats to them, and I hope the announcement was entirely by choice, not because a story was coming whether they liked it or not.

PostPosted: 12/14/21 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Congrats to her!

Given the explosions on social media today, no, this definitely wasn't considered common knowledge.

Congrats to them, and I hope the announcement was entirely by choice, not because a story was coming whether they liked it or not.

This!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 12/14/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

First I've heard about it. But, outside of the context of the WNBA, I only hear about (or from) Candace when she's analyzing NBA games for Turner. She's never talked about it, there, TTBOMR.

But then, I'm not plugged into WBB Twitter, and I don't know anybody in real life, besides my dad, who actually likes WBB, and he's even less plugged in than I am. My singular connection point for what's going on in the lives of WNBA players is this message board**. So, I can't speak for "people" but, if y'all ain't talking about it here, EYE ain't heard of it.

** Okay, and maybe Cambage's subreddit, too... Embarassed

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 12/14/21 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
https://blacksportsonline.com/2021/12/candace-parker-announces-shes-having-baby-with-her-wife-anya-petrakova-parker-previously-was-married-to-ex-nba-player-shelden-williams/

Given that name, I'm guessing that this is someone she met while playing in Russia?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 12/14/21 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

Given that name, I'm guessing that this is someone she met while playing in Russia?

They both played for UMMC

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 12/14/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

So, that's a yes?

pilight

PostPosted: 12/14/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't know they were married or pregnant. I mostly try to ignore the romantic entanglements of players, but I'd heard they were a couple.

PostPosted: 12/14/21 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

So, that's a yes?

Yes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/14/21 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to them! Yeah, I’m someone who had absolutely no idea about Parker’s relationship. Although admittedly, I wondered about her (in the 🏳️‍🌈 sense) as the years following her divorce from Williams went by and there wasn’t a peep about her dating/personal life. But, now we know – well, a little more, anyway!

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 12/14/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Congrats to her!

This!

I think the timing is probably related to the baby. It’s one thing to be private about your relationship but with the baby coming I’m sure Candace would want to share that she has another daughter or a son on the way. Congrats to them!

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/14/21 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't believe anything is true until I see it on this board. Wink

PostPosted: 12/14/21 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Congrats to her!

This!

I think the timing is probably related to the baby. It’s one thing to be private about your relationship but with the baby coming I’m sure Candace would want to share that she has another daughter or a son on the way. Congrats to them!
CP's sister in law let it slip in the comments on IG that she couldn't wait to meet her nephew. Either way, congrats to them both. I put together they were a couple, and noticed Candace wearing a ring on tv, but still didn't guess marriage. Happy for them.

Milks26

PostPosted: 12/14/21 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn! Did not see this coming CP. Congrats to all

Chelsea Gray in the background of that pic

PostPosted: 12/17/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Candace and Anna!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/19/21 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that the 2022 draft order has been established I think the Sky should try to trade DeShields to Atlanta. Because Howard should not be available at the #3 pick. If Chicago can get a player or a first round pick for DeShields I will be a happy Sky fan.

PostPosted: 12/19/21 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they're unlikely to get much, if anything, for DeShields. The other GMs can do the same math that we saw in our Mock Offseason with Chicago. I think teams will think they can get DeShields with a straight offer-sheet, without needing to trade anything, because the Sky will have other priorities.

PostPosted: 12/19/21 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I think they're unlikely to get much, if anything, for DeShields. The other GMs can do the same math that we saw in our Mock Offseason with Chicago. I think teams will think they can get DeShields with a straight offer-sheet, without needing to trade anything, because the Sky will have other priorities.

I just hope the Sky do not prioritize getting Courtney Williams. She is a talented cancer.🤨

PostPosted: 12/20/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Yeah the only thing I think we can get with losing DeShields is cap space (perhaps for Maria Conde). I love Diamond but I would be okay with her going home if she wanted to. She took steps backwards this year, and Kahleah has passed her. Also shooting guards/wings continue to be plentiful from the college ranks.

PostPosted: 12/21/21 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she can do well for other teams. I wouldnt mind the Storm looking to see if they can get her.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 12/29/21 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/32958112/wnba-star-candace-parker-voted-ap-female-athlete-year-2nd

Candace is amazing. Her role on the team cannot be celebrated enough. Is there anyone else that if added to the Sky instead of her that could’ve made that playoff run possible? Not only outstanding offense, defense, rebounding, and basketball IQ. She was cheerleader, support staff and coach for the whole team.

I’d like to nominate her for most underrated superstar in the league. She shut up all the naysayers. And if not she should have. All the, she can’t play defense. She can’t play 2 games in a row. She can’t close out in 4.

Glad I saved the championship clinching game. Might need to go watch that 4th quarter again.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/29/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/32958112/wnba-star-candace-parker-voted-ap-female-athlete-year-2nd

Candace is amazing. Her role on the team cannot be celebrated enough. Is there anyone else that if added to the Sky instead of her that could’ve made that playoff run possible? Not only outstanding offense, defense, rebounding, and basketball IQ. She was cheerleader, support staff and coach for the whole team.

I’d like to nominate her for most underrated superstar in the league. She shut up all the naysayers. And if not she should have. All the, she can’t play defense. She can’t play 2 games in a row. She can’t close out in 4.

Glad I saved the championship clinching game. Might need to go watch that 4th quarter again.

Cool
I know CP is at the end of her career, and doesn't put up the numbers of her prime. But, I hope her efforts this past summer is proof to all teams that don't just throw away your superstars. Their knowledge, and experience is invaluable.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/29/21 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker as AP Athlete of the Year is absolute stunning nonsense.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/29/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace had herself a huge 2021, but I'd be interested to know what the criteria were for this award.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: