Chicago Sky 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/03/22 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Yahoo!

My ticket rep sent a message less than ten minutes after the story link was posted.

We have a small window to purchase starting on Tuesday before they go on sale to the public. Prices and seating will probably be different.

We have access to Wednesday's practice and a Q&A with players and coaches. I'll be there!

Excellent. Scoop Newsworthy, please give us all the details from the practice and Q&A. Thanks!😃

Unfortunately tomorrow's event has been canceled. It will now be on May 26 and involve the whole team, including KFC.

Got my All Star ticket this morning - smooth process! Opens to the general public on Friday.

PostPosted: 05/04/22 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Sky waived Kysre Gondrezick, Sparkle Taylor, Tina Krajišnik, Kaela Davis, and Anneli Maley.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 05/04/22 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Chicago Sky waived Kysre Gondrezick, Sparkle Taylor, Tina Krajišnik, Kaela Davis, and Anneli Maley.

They're going to bring most of them back as hardships

PostPosted: 05/05/22 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Annie Costabile SunTimes:

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1522280681635729409

Allie Quigley will not play in the Sky’s season opener, James Wade just shared. Will have more shortly on what the Sky’s roster will look like for tomorrow’s game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/05/22 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

They're going to bring most of them back as hardships

they still have 14 on their roster. who won't be there?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/05/22 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaba, Doyle and Tahane just got cut. Copper, Allemand, Gardner and Yueru are all going to be late. Quigley is missing at least their opener for some unknown reason. Expect a raft of hardship additions.

PostPosted: 05/05/22 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Kaba, Doyle and Tahane just got cut. Copper, Allemand, Gardner and Yueru are all going to be late. Quigley is missing at least their opener for some unknown reason. Expect a raft of hardship additions.

I saw Kaba and Tahane still there and thought 'oh goodie, we get to see some unknowns'....but guess not.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/05/22 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gardner is kind of the unknown here. I don't actually remember her from UCLA. Presumably been playing overseas?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/05/22 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Gardner is kind of the unknown here. I don't actually remember her from UCLA. Presumably been playing overseas?

Yeah, had a pretty nice season this year for Girona alongside Kennedy Burke. Kinda gangly, and I'm not sure if her ballhandling will be good enough on the perimeter in the W, but a reasonable punt. Of course, Burke herself is now available as well (albeit slightly more expensive, which matters to Chicago).

PostPosted: 05/06/22 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Additional game coverage on the Marquee Sports Network, which I never heard of before - it's a Sinclair station and broadcasts Cubs games. (I'm not a baseball fan at all - would rather watch paint dry! Laughing )

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marquee-announces-a-multiyear-tv-partnership-with-the-chicago-sky-who-also-have-some-games-on-the-u-this-season/ar-AAWZDwQ?ocid=hplocalnews

Quote:
The network announced a multiyear broadcast partnership with the Sky to provide live television broadcasts of 16 games...

Locally televised Sky games that conflict with Cubs games will be carried by WCIU-Channel 26 as well as Marquee Plus. Weigel Broadcasting, the parent company of The U and CW26, is slated to carry 14 Sky games this season, including the championship ring ceremony May 24 before the Sky play the Indiana Fever.

“On behalf of the Chicago Cubs organization, I’m so honored to announce this broadcast partnership with the WNBA Champion Chicago Sky,” Cubs co-owner Laura Ricketts said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to a great partnership between the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Sky and Marquee”

The Sky broadcast team will consist of Lisa Byington (play-by-play), Jason Ross Jr. (play-by-play), Stephen Bardo (analyst) and Meghan McKeown (analyst).

Glad to have Stephen Bardo back! Cool

PostPosted: 05/06/22 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/its_whitney/status/1522621712998842374?s=21&t=K8gdr5ggjb_cOJcZ7a3zEA

PostPosted: 05/06/22 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn not another one Sad

PostPosted: 05/09/22 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis released to make room for Rebekah Gardner

PostPosted: 05/09/22 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kaela Davis released to make room for Rebekah Gardner

There is nothing better than a cheap contract for a bench player.

PostPosted: 05/09/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Additional game coverage on the Marquee Sports Network, which I never heard of before - it's a Sinclair station and broadcasts Cubs games. (I'm not a baseball fan at all - would rather watch paint dry! Laughing )

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marquee-announces-a-multiyear-tv-partnership-with-the-chicago-sky-who-also-have-some-games-on-the-u-this-season/ar-AAWZDwQ?ocid=hplocalnews

Quote:
The network announced a multiyear broadcast partnership with the Sky to provide live television broadcasts of 16 games...

Locally televised Sky games that conflict with Cubs games will be carried by WCIU-Channel 26 as well as Marquee Plus. Weigel Broadcasting, the parent company of The U and CW26, is slated to carry 14 Sky games this season, including the championship ring ceremony May 24 before the Sky play the Indiana Fever.

“On behalf of the Chicago Cubs organization, I’m so honored to announce this broadcast partnership with the WNBA Champion Chicago Sky,” Cubs co-owner Laura Ricketts said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to a great partnership between the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Sky and Marquee”

The Sky broadcast team will consist of Lisa Byington (play-by-play), Jason Ross Jr. (play-by-play), Stephen Bardo (analyst) and Meghan McKeown (analyst).

Glad to have Stephen Bardo back! Cool

Yeah, I've always enjoyed his commentary. He was a bit rusty but I'm sure he'll get back to form soon.

PostPosted: 05/13/22 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky have lost their Sparkle

The Chicago Sky released Sparkle Taylor from her hardship exemption contract. The team activated guard Allie Quigley.

PostPosted: 05/18/22 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is such a great article on Kah: https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-magazine/june-july-2022/sky-high-2/

(I still think there should be a 30 for 30 on last year's run! lol!)

It has been quite a whirlwind of a year for her and ( can't wait to see her back with the squad!

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/23/22 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to CP!

https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2022/6177853/candace-parker/

PostPosted: 05/24/22 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did the All Star game sell out? Only resales available on Ticketmaster.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/25/22 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It does seem that way! A lot of seats were already blocked out when the STH were able to select seats before it opened to the general public.

Some of those remaining seat prices are outrageous based on where they are - nosebleed and/or corner. I'm near my regular seat on my same row, which is about ten rows from the floor by midcourt - and it was only $65. So to see some of those upper deck seats going for hundreds...wow...

Since Wintrust is also DePaul's court, I wonder if they also had early seat selection priority.

PostPosted: 05/25/22 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
It does seem that way! A lot of seats were already blocked out when the STH were able to select seats before it opened to the general public.

Some of those remaining seat prices are outrageous based on where they are - nosebleed and/or corner. I'm near my regular seat on my same row, which is about ten rows from the floor by midcourt - and it was only $65. So to see some of those upper deck seats going for hundreds...wow...

Since Wintrust is also DePaul's court, I wonder if they also had early seat selection priority.

Well, that is good for Chicago but a bummer for me. Looking forward to seeing that crowd on TV!

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/28/22 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The May 31 game now has a 6 p.m. start time. ESPN2 picked it up for a national broadcast since it's the first WNBA Finals rematch against the Mercury.

Folks already struggle getting to the 7 p.m. games! With COVID numbers rising in Chicago, that may also contribute to a lighter turnout. I had already taken the day off (extended my long weekend), so I am good. But this decision will not help attendance for a nationally televised game.

When the Sky moved south of downtown from Rosemont (close to O'Hare), a number of suburban STHs said they couldn't continue. Seems some games used to start at 7:30.

PostPosted: 06/06/22 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/james_m_kay/status/1533553585467817985?s=21&t=ox20aa7x8qXsleN994hYPQ

Quote:
James Wade said before today's game Julie Allemand is expected to be with the team by this Tuesday @TheNextHoops

PostPosted: 07/04/22 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ihapLpw3fPI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 07/05/22 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: