RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/16/22 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
We have some fun matchups in the B1G today:

2:00 EST
Battle of Indiana, Round 1: Hoosiers at Boilermakers on FS1.

Battle for First B1G Win: Badgers at Scarlet Knights on BTN+
Battle in the Back Court: Clouden vs Burton (Wildcats at Spartans) on BTN+
Battle for 12th? Place: Illini at Nittany Lions on BTN+

5:00 EST
Battle for 2nd: Michigan at Maryland on ESPN (Michigan is 1-10 vs Maryland - time to get over the hurdle?)

6:00 EST
Battle of the Corn, Round 2: Nebraska at Iowa on BTN. The previous meeting was one week ago with Iowa winning 95-86 in Lincoln.

"Battle for first B1G win" could also be titled "Battle for the Basement". I am absolutely heartbroken at what has happened to my Badgers. They were good at one time, under Jane Albright. It is totally the fault of one AD, Pat Richter, who didn't give a flying Wallenda about women's sports, and especially about WBB. But y'all have heard that rant before.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
We have some fun matchups in the B1G today:

2:00 EST
Battle of Indiana, Round 1: Hoosiers at Boilermakers on FS1.

Battle for First B1G Win: Badgers at Scarlet Knights on BTN+
Battle in the Back Court: Clouden vs Burton (Wildcats at Spartans) on BTN+
Battle for 12th? Place: Illini at Nittany Lions on BTN+

5:00 EST
Battle for 2nd: Michigan at Maryland on ESPN (Michigan is 1-10 vs Maryland - time to get over the hurdle?)

6:00 EST
Battle of the Corn, Round 2: Nebraska at Iowa on BTN. The previous meeting was one week ago with Iowa winning 95-86 in Lincoln.

"Battle for first B1G win" could also be titled "Battle for the Basement". I am absolutely heartbroken at what has happened to my Badgers. They were good at one time, under Jane Albright. It is totally the fault of one AD, Pat Richter, who didn't give a flying Wallenda about women's sports, and especially about WBB. But y'all have heard that rant before.

I was trying to be nice. Laughing

You’ll be happy to know that Wisconsin got the win at Rutgers!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/16/22 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, I know. But my beloved Badgers have been in the basement for so long. *sigh* I could explain my disdain for Richter, but it would take paragraphs....

Who else thinks it's waaaay past time for C. Viv to hang it up? Love the lady, but it just ain't happenin' for her, or anyone in her employ, any more.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Oh, I know. But my beloved Badgers have been in the basement for so long. *sigh* I could explain my disdain for Richter, but it would take paragraphs....

Who else thinks it's waaaay past time for C. Viv to hang it up? Love the lady, but it just ain't happenin' for her, or anyone in her employ, any more.

Yeah, I don't really get C.Viv's position any more. I can't imagine she needs the paycheck, and she's not that involved in the team's endeavors, right?

Jolene Anderson. Is she the only Badger to get into the wnba?

PostPosted: 01/16/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Jolene Anderson. Is she the only Badger to get into the wnba?

No

Keisha Anderson, Tamara Moore, and Robin Threatt also played in the W

PostPosted: 01/16/22 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Yeah, I don't really get C.Viv's position any more. I can't imagine she needs the paycheck, and she's not that involved in the team's endeavors, right?

She’s on leave and therefore can’t have involvement from what I’ve read. Whether or not she needs the money is moot as she’s guaranteed a spot in administration under the same contract at the same amount.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/18/22 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moira Joiner in a concussion protocol for MSU will miss the rest of the season. She joins Julia Ayrault and Tory Ozment on not being able to compete. Remember Alyza Winston also transferred out as well.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/18/22 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Moira Joiner in a concussion protocol for MSU will miss the rest of the season. She joins Julia Ayrault and Tory Ozment on not being able to compete. Remember Alyza Winston also transferred out as well.

Not knowing these names, may I ask which "M" this is? MS, MO, MI, MT....?

PostPosted: 01/18/22 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

As this is the Big 10 thread it’s a reference to Michigan State

Howee

PostPosted: 01/18/22 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

As this is the Big 10 thread it’s a reference to Michigan State

Laughing Laughing Laughing @ me....duh. At least it wasn't "Maryland State". Razz
(I had just been reading through the generic 'injuries' thread)

PostPosted: 01/18/22 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sole undefeated team in the conference, Indiana, has postponed its next two games vs. Michigan St (Wednesday) and @ Iowa (Sunday).

This will be Iowa's 6th cancellation/postponement of the season -- three due to their own COVID issues in November and three more due to other teams' COVID issues since Christmas. The B1G has rescheduled Iowa's first two conference postponements vs. Illinois and @ Penn State. Iowa also managed to schedule an impromptu game vs. Evansville in place of the original Illinois game, despite Iowa's starting frontcourt being out with COVID.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/19/22 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Huskers are now out for Covid, as well, postponing vs Rutgers.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/20/22 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/mackenzie-holmes-has-procedure-on-knee-may-miss-remainder-of-regular-season/

Holmes had a knee surgery and is rehabing. Uncertain if she'll make it back by the end of the season or not.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/21/22 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska will still be out on Sunday.

“The postponement with Nebraska gives Illinois the opportunity to play a previously postponed game against Iowa (Jan. 2). The Fighting Illini will take on Iowa Sunday at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City at 5 p.m.”

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/21/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Nebraska will still be out on Sunday.

“The postponement with Nebraska gives Illinois the opportunity to play a previously postponed game against Iowa (Jan. 2). The Fighting Illini will take on Iowa Sunday at Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City at 5 p.m.”

The Iowa/Illinois game had already been rescheduled to February 12, but I'm glad to see it played now while both teams are healthy and have an open date. Frees up the later date for other games that will need to be rescheduled.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/24/22 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice story on Zoe Young who retired from competition at Maryland but is using her knowledge as a student assistant and her voice in the B1G Equity Coalition.

https://dbknews.com/2022/01/24/maryland-womens-baskebtall-zoe-young-retirement-social-justice/

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/24/22 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/mackenzie-holmes-has-procedure-on-knee-may-miss-remainder-of-regular-season/

Holmes had a knee surgery and is rehabing. Uncertain if she'll make it back by the end of the season or not.

That's huge. Really sucks for Holmes and for the Indiana team. Hard to see them being the same team without her.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/28/22 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Minnesota’s Twitter (good for them addressing it directly), “Jasmine Powell has informed the team she will be leaving the program effective immediately. We want to thank Jasmine for her contribution to the Minnesota women’s basketball program and we wish her well.”

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/28/22 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
From Minnesota’s Twitter (good for them addressing it directly), “Jasmine Powell has informed the team she will be leaving the program effective immediately. We want to thank Jasmine for her contribution to the Minnesota women’s basketball program and we wish her well.”

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/22 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

I’m surprised she didn’t leave last year, since she came from the same school as Destiny Pitts.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of the Whalen experiment.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/28/22 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is more talent transferring out of the conference than in?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/29/22 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I’m surprised she didn’t leave last year, since she came from the same school as Destiny Pitts.

At the end of last year, or at the end of her freshman year, following Pitts?

According to this article, DePaul, UMass, Western Michigan and Marquette were Powell’s finalists in 2018. https://michigangirlssportsreport.com/committed-jasmine-powell/ She committed unusually late - just three weeks before signing day.

As a side note, KBA’s older daughter now plays at Detroit Country Day.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/29/22 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Is it just me, or is more talent transferring out of the conference than in?

I haven’t kept track, but Maryland just got Florida’s leading scorer, Lavender Briggs.

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 01/29/22 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Nice story on Zoe Young who retired from competition at Maryland but is using her knowledge as a student assistant and her voice in the B1G Equity Coalition.

https://dbknews.com/2022/01/24/maryland-womens-baskebtall-zoe-young-retirement-social-justice/

Thanks for sharing this, it was a good read.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/31/22 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Rebecca Lobo spotlight on Naz’s effort/motor is so good! https://twitter.com/rebeccalobo/status/1487933006849445895?s=21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: