RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/03/22 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some scheduling changes for tonight’s games:

Michigan at Illinois has been postponed TBD due to travel issues for the Wolverines yesterday. If the teams can’t find a future date, the game will be declared a no contest by the B1G.

Northwestern at Purdue has been moved to Friday, 2/4 at 6 EST also due to weather.

I’m so glad to see that just plain old weather is a reason, for once!

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/03/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Badgers announced today that junior Sydney Hilliard is taking a leave of absence from the team for personal reasons. Her return is undetermined at this time.

Minnesota at Indiana will be limited to essential personnel only due to weather conditions tonight. The game will be free on BTN+.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/03/22 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
The Badgers announced today that junior Sydney Hilliard is taking a leave of absence from the team for personal reasons. Her return is undetermined at this time.

Well the Iowa/Wisconsin game just got that much easier tonight. Feel free to quote this post and @ me when Iowa loses.

uh.... scratch this. Iowa is without Gabbie Marshall and McKenna Warnock tonight. Both were banged up in the Ohio State game and are day to day.

PostPosted: 02/04/22 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Well the Iowa/Wisconsin game just got that much easier tonight. Feel free to quote this post and @ me when Iowa loses.

uh.... scratch this. Iowa is without Gabbie Marshall and McKenna Warnock tonight. Both were banged up in the Ohio State game and are day to day.

Clark with another triple double as Iowa destroys badgers. Caitlin is now 2 points away from breaking into the top 20 all-time scoring and 10 assists away from breaking into the top 10 career assists record. She could top 500 rebounds this year as well.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/04/22 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this.

Michigan recruit Alyssa Crockett's little brother is biggest fan.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/westfield-superfan-inspires-indiana-high-school-hoops-community/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/04/22 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

https://dailyiowan.com/2022/02/03/iowa-womens-basketball-downs-wisconsin-84-50-without-two-starters/

Juniors Gabbie Marshall and McKenna Warnock were injured in the Hawkeyes’ game against the Ohio State Buckeyes on Monday night and did not dress for Thursday’s game.

Warnock aggravated a wrist injury she previously sustained against Penn State last week. She was wearing a cast on her left wrist in Madison on Thursday. Iowa did not specify what injury Marshall sustained against Ohio State on Monday.

Iowa only had seven athletes dress on Thursday night. Four players out of Iowa’s roster of 13 were injured prior to the game against Ohio State — sophomores Shateah Wetering and Sharon Goodman are out for the season with ACL injuries, senior Logan Cook has been out with a lower leg injury since early January, and freshman AJ Ediger suffered a high ankle sprain in the Hawkeyes’ shootaround pregame on Monday night.

“I told my team, ‘Listen, we have enough with the seven who are going to dress tonight. We have enough to win this game, and don’t try to do something you wouldn’t do,'” Bluder said. “That’s what I was worried about.”
Marshall and Warnock are day-to-day with their injuries, per Iowa Athletics. Bluder said Cook and Ediger will be out for a while.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/04/22 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Not sure where to put this.

Michigan recruit Alyssa Crockett's little brother is biggest fan.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/westfield-superfan-inspires-indiana-high-school-hoops-community/

Thank you. When I saw that this morning, I was reminded of this recent BTN piece on Ohio State’s Jacy Sheldon and her sister who has Down’s. https://youtu.be/td8BFtULU40

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/04/22 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Juniors Gabbie Marshall and McKenna Warnock were injured in the Hawkeyes’ game against the Ohio State Buckeyes on Monday night and did not dress for Thursday’s game.

Warnock aggravated a wrist injury she previously sustained against Penn State last week. She was wearing a cast on her left wrist in Madison on Thursday. Iowa did not specify what injury Marshall sustained against Ohio State on Monday.

Iowa only had seven athletes dress on Thursday night. Four players out of Iowa’s roster of 13 were injured prior to the game against Ohio State — sophomores Shateah Wetering and Sharon Goodman are out for the season with ACL injuries, senior Logan Cook has been out with a lower leg injury since early January, and freshman AJ Ediger suffered a high ankle sprain in the Hawkeyes’ shootaround pregame on Monday night.

“I told my team, ‘Listen, we have enough with the seven who are going to dress tonight. We have enough to win this game, and don’t try to do something you wouldn’t do,'” Bluder said. “That’s what I was worried about.”
Marshall and Warnock are day-to-day with their injuries, per Iowa Athletics. Bluder said Cook and Ediger will be out for a while.

Sadness. We were going to get killed on the glass by Michigan as is, but especially without Warnock.

PostPosted: 02/04/22 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Sadness. We were going to get killed on the glass by Michigan as is, but especially without Warnock.

The frosh post O’Grady looked good with 16 points and 3 blocks.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/04/22 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
The frosh post O’Grady looked good with 16 points and 3 blocks.

She's the type who looks excellent against inferior competition -- Wisconsin, Evansville, and the preseason exhibition against DII Truman State being her best outings this year. But she has yet to show much against equal or better teams -- especially on the glass. I'm still very optimistic about her future potential though, especially with a year of experience and an off season of weight training under her belt.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With somewhere between 6 and 9 games left for each team in the conference season, the top 5 teams in the preseason B1G polls are currently the top 5 teams. Both polls had in order: Maryland, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State. Current standings are Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, and Ohio State and Maryland are tied for 4th.

Looking up at the top 5 are Nebraska and Michigan State which are tied for 6th at 6-4. Nebraska is currently trending up with four straight wins and is a projected 7 seed.

Remaining top-5 vs top-5:
Iowa has Michigan x2, @ Indiana and Maryland.

Maryland has @ Iowa, Ohio State, @ Michigan and Indiana all in a row.

Michigan has Iowa x2 and Maryland

Indiana has Iowa and @ Maryland in the last week. It’s TBD if any of their 4 postponed games get rescheduled.

Ohio State only has @Maryland.

Nebraska can appreciably move up into spots 2-5. We’ll know more when they travel to Maryland and Ohio State next.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/08/22 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some good quotes from KBA’s radio interview this morning re: Caitlin Clark.

“It was great for our fans to see us being really successful, and us playing great as a team, and then the performance that Caitlin Clark put on — I thought it was great for women’s basketball.”

“… It wasn’t like she was wide open, either. I feel like the more contested she was, the better her shooting percentage became. You talk about generational talents. And that’s why I was so happy that so many people were there, and so many young girls were there, because she’s an inspiration to all the up-and-coming girls that play this game. She was just willing her team back into the game. And it wasn’t a fluke.”

“… This is how Ohio State must have felt last year when Naz had 50. It was such a buzz around the country.”

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/11/22 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana is in 1st place even without McKenzie Holmes, but they've played 3 fewer games than the other top teams. So how would this work, could they win the league even if they don't get a certain amount of makeup games in?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/11/22 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Indiana is in 1st place even without McKenzie Holmes, but they've played 3 fewer games than the other top teams. So how would this work, could they win the league even if they don't get a certain amount of makeup games in?

Like last year, I believe the conference will go by Win % if the number of games ends up being different. Indiana still has 6 games remaining though, Ohio State and Iowa have 5, and Maryland and Michigan have 4. So things will even out somewhat.

If, Indiana manages to win out against Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Maryland, and Iowa twice, they would absolutely deserve to be named the regular season champion. They've played a difficult schedule, and the only cancellation that hasn't been rescheduled at this point is vs. 0-12 Rutgers which would actually help Indiana's standing. So they certainly don't have it easy despite having played less games.

PostPosted: 02/12/22 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Like last year, I believe the conference will go by Win % if the number of games ends up being different. Indiana still has 6 games remaining though, Ohio State and Iowa have 5, and Maryland and Michigan have 4. So things will even out somewhat.

If, Indiana manages to win out against Michigan State, Northwestern, Nebraska, Maryland, and Iowa twice, they would absolutely deserve to be named the regular season champion. They've played a difficult schedule, and the only cancellation that hasn't been rescheduled at this point is vs. 0-12 Rutgers which would actually help Indiana's standing. So they certainly don't have it easy despite having played less games.

I didn’t realize that IU was rescheduled for all but one game now. Michigan has a similar dropped game in Illinois. It looks like Ohio State has the easiest last few games of the top-5 teams: @IL, @MD, WI, PSU and @MSU.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/12/22 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I didn’t realize that IU was rescheduled for all but one game now. Michigan has a similar dropped game in Illinois. It looks like Ohio State has the easiest last few games of the top-5 teams: @IL, @MD, WI, PSU and @MSU.

any prognosis on how my best fantasy player, Big Mac is rehabbing ?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 02/12/22 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Durantula wrote:

any prognosis on how my best fantasy player, Big Mac is rehabbing ?

She was dressed and warming up with the team today but sat at the end of the bench and did not play. Maybe she'll be back in time to play Iowa twice? Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 02/13/22 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers wins their first B1G game of the season!

Milks26

PostPosted: 02/14/22 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland tried their darndest to give Iowa the game. It seemed like they could not hold on to the ball and made bad passes. Thankfully they woke up at the right time

PostPosted: 02/14/22 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Maryland tried their darndest to give Iowa the game. It seemed like they could not hold on to the ball and made bad passes. Thankfully they woke up at the right time

Iowa's 2-3 zone really gave them fits in the 3Q, which surprised me, given how deadly of an outside shooting team Maryland can be. I suppose this is where Maryland misses Owusu the most -- to facilitate the offense and read/break down defenses.

PostPosted: 02/15/22 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is going to be a wild last two weeks of the B1G with 5 teams still eligible for the title. As always, thank you to Mred for the calculations! http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=wbb

It’ll be interesting to see which team gets their missing starter back first to finish the regular season run and B1G tourney.

IU Holmes
MI Brown
MD Owusu
IA Warnock

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/19/22 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska associate head coach Chuck Love has been suspended with pay, the athletic department announced Saturday.

No reason for the suspension was given in a two-sentence statement. The athletic department said it was a personnel matter and there would be no further comment.

Love is in his sixth season at Nebraska under coach Amy Williams. He previously worked on Williams' staff at South Dakota.

Love was not on the bench for Nebraska's game at Penn State on Thursday. The Cornhuskers (19-7, 8-7) are in seventh place in the Big Ten and host Minnesota on Sunday.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/19/22 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska associate head coach Chuck Love has been suspended with pay, the athletic department announced Saturday.

No reason for the suspension was given in a two-sentence statement. The athletic department said it was a personnel matter and there would be no further comment.

Love is in his sixth season at Nebraska under coach Amy Williams. He previously worked on Williams' staff at South Dakota.

Love was not on the bench for Nebraska's game at Penn State on Thursday. The Cornhuskers (19-7, 8-7) are in seventh place in the Big Ten and host Minnesota on Sunday.

Does anyone know what this is about? I really hate when these announcements are made and no reason is given.

PostPosted: 02/19/22 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Does anyone know what this is about? I really hate when these announcements are made and no reason is given.

Not much is known even on Row6Seat10 (Huskerboard). It was reported to some outlets that this was a personal issue but to other outlets that it was a personnel issue….which could be an entirely different matter. His tenure with Amy Williams predates their time at Nebraska.

Update: Ashley Scoggins, a starter and The fifth leading score on this year‘s cornhusker team, is no longer on the team. She wasn’t on the bench for The Penn State game.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/19/22 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the coaching suspension and the player removal from the roster are related… https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/nebraska-womens-basketball-suspends-assistant-chuck-love-removes-ashley-scoggin-from-roster/article_2f11ced4-91a1-11ec-a2d0-4f2ece7d2c31.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: