50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Sky
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/03/21 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I definitely think a Sky / Mercury finals will be infinitely more exciting than any other matchup, so I'm here for it. It's wild how uninspiring both Vegas and CT have been. They could turn it around but not looking good.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/04/21 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of those losses to PHX was a heartbreaking buzzer beater by Nurse (of all people! Laughing ).

I have mixed feelings about that potential final since I witnessed the "deer in the headlights" play in 2014. Only two players left from that team (Sloot and Quigley); most others didn't last long in the league anyway. And we had Pokey... Rolling Eyes

We beat PHX resoundingly in a one-and-done two years ago (in a game where Diamond actually made her shots regularly!) Had Slooty not made that unnecessary boneheaded pass at the end of the Vegas game, we would have advanced to the semi-finals.

The sad thing about Diamond's maddening inconsistency is that she is often out warming up earlier than the rest of the team.

We GOTTA make it over the hump this year! So many playoff performances but always falling short. Yeah, we are a short team, but we have the pieces that, when they all work together, get things done! Stop the sloppiness! The stats make the game seem better than it was for us - I was shocked to see the box score in light of all the not-even-attempted rebounds, all the missed shots and bunnies, along with stupid turnovers. We managed to slow down Jonquel and mostly neutralize Brionna - MVP and MIP! They killed us with 3s (which we can't defend against).

Again, in spite of some stellar play (go Kah!), it was more that the Sun lost than we won...

A win is a win! But we also can do so much better.

PostPosted: 10/04/21 3:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:
The winner of this series will be WNBA champs

Hard disagree.

If PHX take their series, which is looking likely. I don't see them losing. Diana Taurasi battered body will carry them to a championship.

I will be super-annoyed if we go into a league semifinals with three of the four remaining teams having never won a championship, in their franchise history, and the team that wins it all ends up being the one team that already had.

But it wouldn’t be at all surprising. I swear DT smells blood in the water.

+1 Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/04/21 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I definitely think a Sky / Mercury finals will be infinitely more exciting than any other matchup, so I'm here for it. It's wild how uninspiring both Vegas and CT have been. They could turn it around but not looking good.

I think the Sun matchup better with the Mercury then the Sky

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 10/04/21 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Copper is tops

Laughing

--------------

January in the fall. Rolling Eyes

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/04/21 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago has proven that they can rebound against the top team in the league. Now they just need to focus on making their layups.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: