RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsfan48

PostPosted: 10/14/21 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last night post game of Finals game 2 with Sue at the ESPN table which was surrounded by Mercury fans, the chant went up "One more year." Sue has burned the Mercury on more than one occasion and ended some seasons but the fans appreciate what she has done in her career. Lot of love and respect for her throughout the league.

I took my 15 year old nephew to the game with me. My seats were right next to the ESPN table set up. He saw and recognized Sue before I did (season ticket holder since season 1). During a time out early in the game he was able to get a selfie with Sue. Totally on his own. Another testament to her impact on the WNBA.

craigmont

PostPosted: 10/21/21 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every time Stewie talks, she sounds like she has every intention to stay in Seattle.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/storm-grateful-for-others-hospitality-the-past-three-seasons-but-eager-to-return-home-to-climate-pledge-arena/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/21/21 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think the Storm expect her to leave either. The question is whether they can afford to take the risk, however small it might be, that she might leave for nothing if it was an option. That's a hell of an asset to lose. It took a bloody long time, but Chicago just won a title with pieces they got back for Delle Donne playing an important role - if you have to give up a superstar, you want to make sure you're at least getting a return like that coming back.

Of course, losing Loyd for nothing would be a pretty significant loss as well...

PostPosted: 10/22/21 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Stewie promises that she re-signs then i would take her word for it and core Loyd. I believe the Storm did it in the past with Bird.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/23/21 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
If Stewie promises that she re-signs then i would take her word for it and core Loyd. I believe the Storm did it in the past with Bird.

I don’t recall Bird ever being cored. When was that?

PostPosted: 10/23/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the CBA, Bird was cored in 2008 and 2009. But I thought what Michelle89 meant was that they took Bird's word that she'd come back in the past and allowed her to become a true UFA, trusting that she wasn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: 10/23/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle Kraken just introduced Sue Bird to the fans who gave her a big ovation. The arena looks nothing like the old Key Arena.

Hope the Storm can pack the building for a few games.

https://twitter.com/ClimateArena/status/1452104730042253312

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/25/21 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
According to the CBA, Bird was cored in 2008 and 2009. But I thought what Michelle89 meant was that they took Bird's word that she'd come back in the past and allowed her to become a true UFA, trusting that she wasn't going anywhere.

Yes that was what i meant to say Smile

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
craigmont

PostPosted: 10/26/21 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/seattlestorm/photos/a.216228315146/10165706416770147?type=3&comment_id=10165709979450147&notif_id=1635267551424064&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

I think she needs one more season in that locker room!

craigmont

PostPosted: 11/08/21 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kennedy Burke seems to be tearing up the EuroLeague, similar to how Alysha Clark and KLS have done before.

Do you think it can translate to an increased role here?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/08/21 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been talking about it since at least DeLisha Milton-Jones - those 3/4 combo-forwards that are sometimes a little too slow for the perimeter but not quite big/strong enough for the post in the WNBA often dominate in Europe. They become too big and strong for opposing wings and too quick and athletic for opposing posts when playing less consistently elite competition.

So I wouldn't buy in too hard to what Burke's doing. But I know she's always had her fans. I still think she needs to be a full-time 4 to really make it in the WNBA, rather than a big, slow wing. But who knows. Maybe she's the next Laney in waiting...

PostPosted: 11/08/21 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I've been talking about it since at least DeLisha Milton-Jones - those 3/4 combo-forwards that are sometimes a little too slow for the perimeter but not quite big/strong enough for the post in the WNBA often dominate in Europe. They become too big and strong for opposing wings and too quick and athletic for opposing posts when playing less consistently elite competition.

So I wouldn't buy in too hard to what Burke's doing. But I know she's always had her fans. I still think she needs to be a full-time 4 to really make it in the WNBA, rather than a big, slow wing. But who knows. Maybe she's the next Laney in waiting...

Is it defense that keeps her off the floor? She seems pretty skilled offensively.

female-buckets

PostPosted: 11/08/21 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Burke. She delivers. She's dependable. She doesn't make uncharacteristic mistakes. Maybe she's between 3 and 4. There's worse things in basketball. I'd rather have someone who's consistent about what she does than an inconsistent 3 or inconsistent 4.

Can't wait for Karlie to find a new home Very Happy

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/09/21 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes I'm excited about the 36-game schedule, yes I'm excited to see this team live for the first time in years, yes I'm excited about the new arena, blah blah blah, ok. With all that out of the way: Can anyone explain to me how exactly we could have eight straight home games {8} within the first half of the schedule (the first third of it, to be precise), but then just seven home games total {7} for the entire second half??? 🤮🤮🤮

craigmont

PostPosted: 12/11/21 2:22 am    ::: Breanna Stewart: ‘My Heart Is In Seattle’ Reply Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaellore/2021/12/09/breanna-stewart-my-heart-is-in-seattle/?sh=3edd47b18354

female-buckets

PostPosted: 12/12/21 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue is irreplaceable. I'm tired of hearing people try to figure out how to get Vandersloot to Seattle.

Seattle in 2023 is not gonna be about Vandersloot.

It's gonna be about Stewie. It's her team. Build a team around her! Don't waste time trying to replace Sue. Sue's last season should be about teaching Stewie how to run the team. It shouldn't be about trying to find a replacement for Sue because there isn't one.

All 2022 roster decisions should be Stewie focused. It should all be about what her team is gonna look like in 2023.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 12/12/21 6:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to pick my seats for next year's season at the new Climate Pledge Arena and when talking to my team rep, I mentioned that I was hoping we could find a way to get both Jewell and Stewie back, and he mentioned that Jewell's mother has bought tickets for next year. When he asked her if this means that Jewell is coming back to Seattle next year, her response was, "She better!!"

PostPosted: 12/12/21 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
I went to pick my seats for next year's season at the new Climate Pledge Arena and when talking to my team rep, I mentioned that I was hoping we could find a way to get both Jewell and Stewie back, and he mentioned that Jewell's mother has bought tickets for next year. When he asked her if this means that Jewell is coming back to Seattle next year, her response was, "She better!!"

Sounds like she's staying in Seattle then.

craigmont

PostPosted: 12/12/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:

I'm glad to hear that but...

Jewell's mother has to buy tickets??

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/12/21 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I've

I mean the Fever did let both of them go for basically nothing.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/12/21 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:

If she doesn't like where the players designated seats are it makes sense she buys tickets for seats she prefers to sit. I know in college that is common for parents to buy season tickets for their child's games because they want to sit in a specific section.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/12/21 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:

She might need extras, for all we know; I have a dim memory of players having a limited number of seats they can comp. Or maybe she wants STH swag. Or she buys them to donate to charity; I know there are teams that have done that before. Or your ticket rep didn't realize that the tickets were for games against the team Loyd eventually plans to sign with Twisted Evil

(now with spelling variations)
female-buckets

PostPosted: 12/21/21 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So... what's the likelihood of Anna Wilson getting pulled in by the Storm?

As far as local marketing strategies go, it'd make a great story.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/21/21 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

female-buckets wrote:
So... what's the likelihood of Anna Wilson getting pulled in by the Storm?

As far as local marketing strategies go, it'd make a great story.

It would've been a much better pick in the previous Draft as Stanford was coming off of winning it all, with her being a huge part of it. It appears she returned to Stanford for one season too many though. She's putting up putrid stats and isn't even starting anymore, which is incredibly shocking considering A) how much of a leader she was for the team last season, and B) how much Stanford at times needs leadership from the PG position, which is precisely what she brought to the table last year. No one knows why she has fallen off so much this season – maybe Kiana Williams' presence helped uplift her more than we knew at the time. But it's hard to believe that even Wilson's defense couldn't keep her in the starting lineup. And it seems that Stanford most likely will not repeat as title winners, statistically speaking. So in terms of Wilson getting drafted, I do think that ship has sailed, even if it is just with a 3rd-round pick. Draft someone else who can actually use it to snag a steady overseas job with that pick... (*sigh* if we have to continue to have a 3rd round at all. Confused)

Also... we don't really know yet if Anna Wilson's big brother will even still be in Seattle by the time April rolls around – but that's another topic for perhaps a different board. Razz

Should Lexie Hull make herself available for this Draft, the Storm may be able to go after her with one of the three 2nd-round picks we own. I'd be completely fine with that. At this point, should Hull enter this coming Draft, I think she's more likely to get picked in the 2nd round than the 1st anyway.

brody86

PostPosted: 01/07/22 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hello!

I hope this is ok to post here... I'm hoping to get over to Seattle in June to catch a couple of games (assuming covid doesn't de-rail my travel plans...) and I was just wondering if anyone knows how easy/hard it'll be to get tickets? I plan on being there for a period when there are several home games in a row. I've never booked tickets for a game abroad before either, but hoping that won't be an issue!

Thank you in advance Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: