RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taco-man

PostPosted: 06/28/22 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Shades. Sorry I didn't scroll back. This looks like a pretty impressive starting lineup with Stewart at the three.

Shades wrote:

Bird/January
Loyd/Prince
Stewart/GWilliams
Charles/Talbot
Magbegor/Lavender

Can't disagree about the inorganic nature of this. Also - I didn't realize Charles is not the only post-divorce player the Storm picked up this season. Although I don't think Jantel Lavender was championship-shopping.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/22 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taco-man wrote:
Although I don't think Jantel Lavender was championship-shopping.

Yeah, totally different. Happened before the season. As far as I know, Lavender would have been satisfied staying at Indiana, but she got dumped.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
craigmont

PostPosted: 06/28/22 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Talbot's not really a 4, and I don't know if you want Stewart trying to guard people like Jackie Young. That's why Gabby Williams starts.

It will be interesting to watch how the rotations are figured out. If you always have at least two out of Stewart, Charles, Loyd, and Magbegor on the floor, that could be a big improvement over what we've been doing so far.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/28/22 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In general I like Seattle and I like Quinn, but adding Charles makes them less likeable to me. oh well. But now I can't root for them to win this year.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/28/22 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The offense will be better with the addition of Charles. But on the defensive side of the ball they will not strike any fear in the hearts of any team. I won't say they will not win the championship this year because playoff basketball can be very fluid. The most important component to winning a championship is for your best players to stay healthy during the playoffs.
My Milwaukee Bucks could not defend their championship title because their second best player was injured.💔

PostPosted: 06/29/22 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are obviously other factors at play here, but purely on individual basketball ability if they swapped all Lavender minutes with Charles minutes that's gotta be an improvement, right?

PostPosted: 06/29/22 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
There are obviously other factors at play here, but purely on individual basketball ability if they swapped all Lavender minutes with Charles minutes that's gotta be an improvement, right?

Ability only = yes. But you have to factor in that Jewell and Stewie will get fewer shots and nobody will be helping Ezi with post defense. Expect Seattle to go zone to hide TC on defense and Aces to find her and attack with wild abandon.

~rAf
Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/30/22 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Ability only = yes. But you have to factor in that Jewell and Stewie will get fewer shots and nobody will be helping Ezi with post defense. Expect Seattle to go zone to hide TC on defense and Aces to find her and attack with wild abandon.

Lavender is not a better defender then Charles by any means so its a plus on offense and maybe even on defense..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 07/18/22 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm are 6-1 with Tina Charles. 6-0 when Charles plays 16 or more minutes.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 07/21/22 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/SeattleStormPR/status/1550269343920898050

INJURY UPDATE: Seattle Storm center Mercedes Russell underwent a successful procedure on Tuesday (July 19) to treat recurrent low-pressure headaches and will miss the remainder of the regular season. An update on her status will be provided when available.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 07/21/22 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saw this today in the Seattle Times:

"The team announced its final regular-season home game Aug. 7 against the Las Vegas Aces, which also serves as Bird’s final regular-season home game, has sold out. It will be the first pro basketball game sellout at Climate Pledge Arena and it’s expected to be the largest crowd in Storm history. The previous home attendance record is 17,072, set during the 2004 WNBA Finals. Bird will be honored in a pregame ceremony. The noon game will air on ABC."

When is the last time a WNBA game that wasn't a playoff game had over 17,000 people attending the game?

-Lisa

PostPosted: 07/22/22 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
...[snip]...When is the last time a WNBA game that wasn't a playoff game had over 17,000 people attending the game?

Probably never. Most WNBA arenas don't have that much of a capacity for that amount.

PostPosted: 07/22/22 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
...[snip]...When is the last time a WNBA game that wasn't a playoff game had over 17,000 people attending the game?

Probably never. Most WNBA arenas don't have that much of a capacity for that amount.

I know it’s been a while, but the Liberty had at least one-regular season sellout at old MSG, which had a stated capacity of 19,763.

PostPosted: 07/22/22 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably Tamika Catchings' retirement game?

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 07/23/22 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone have any scoop on why Quinn started Charles in tonight's game? Not a fan of that, I'd much rather see Ezi get the majority of the minutes. Things flow a lot better with her out there.

We saw Lavender for a bit, too. Maybe Ezi wasn't feeling well or something?

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/04/22 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry haters!

https://theathletic.com/3472100/2022/08/03/sue-bird-retirement-seattle-storm/?source=twitterpcads&ad_id=38476108&twclid=2-6xldvurtni3makxkp5rgpdyrd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: