RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2022
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:13 pm    ::: Seattle Storm 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Well what do we do now? Shocked

As I said at the beginning of the season, Stewart needed to play like the MVP to run it back. No surprise SEA lost without her. Not having Howard and Clark gave SEA no room for error. How do they get that depth back? The world wonders... Confused

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you could sign Sloot and Quigley you would be back in business.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

But for how long?

(now with spelling variations)
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Sounds good to me… Razz

I guess anything’s possible these days
Exclamation

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

But for how long?

as long as Stewie is there.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So Seattle has to find money to retain Stewart, Loyd, Russell, and MAYBE Canada. Then you want them to sign Sloot and Quigley? They might be able to afford one but not the couple.🤑

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
So Seattle has to find money to retain Stewart, Loyd, Russell, and MAYBE Canada. Then you want them to sign Sloot and Quigley? They might be able to afford one but not the couple.🤑

It is assuming Sue retires and they let Canada walk. And I wouldn't be surprised if Loyd goes somewhere too. Maybe, maybe not.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

It is assuming Sue retires and they let Canada walk. And I wouldn't be surprised if Loyd goes somewhere too. Maybe, maybe not.

That is why I didn't include Sue in my above statement. Assuming that she might retire. Seattle is the only team that can pay Loyd above a max salary. So the only way she leaves the team is because she no longer wants to be there.

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

That is why I didn't include Sue in my above statement. Assuming that she might retire. Seattle is the only team that can pay Loyd above a max salary. So the only way she leaves the team is because she no longer wants to be there.

And if Loyd walks and is replaced by Vanderquigs, are you *really* back in business?

(sidebar: why are people so obsessed with the Vandersloot-to-Seattle concept? Yes, I know, she's from thereabouts, but Quigley's from Chicago. So the combo package already has a home base.)

(now with spelling variations)
IM in OC

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
myrtle wrote:

But for how long?

I agree.

why do you want to add a 35 year old and a 33 year old(by the start of next season)

Go a different path. Especially if Stewie, Loyd, Magbegor, KLS, and maybe Russell are there.

I hope Sue returns to go back to Key Arena, or whatever it is called now.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

And if Loyd walks and is replaced by Vanderquigs, are you *really* back in business?

(sidebar: why are people so obsessed with the Vandersloot-to-Seattle concept? Yes, I know, she's from thereabouts, but Quigley's from Chicago. So the combo package already has a home base.)

I know Seattle fans are in love with Loyd. And yeah, this year she's an allstar. But she can also have games like today when it's really important and she totally bombs out. It's kind of like Arike. They both think it's ok to just keep on shooting even when they're not going in. If they can afford to keep Loyd, sure why not, but if not maybe Seattle can do a sign and trade of some sort so they get something in exchange. I think keeping Stewie, Russell, and Ezi as your bigs should be a priority for them. And they absolutely need to find a fourth post so they aren't left in this position if one of them is injured. I assume Stewie gets cored.
Sloot would give them five good years even if Quigley only gives two. SG is the position that is easiest to fill. PG is not. As far as Seattle goes, I think it's the only destination that would interest them other than staying in Chicago so I think that's why it comes up. They've done several years at Quig's home base so maybe it's time to do a few at Sloot's. I can imagine that it would be her dream job. I guess Seattle could wait a year, get a high draft pick, and go for Plum when she becomes a UFA. Though Plum went to UW, she's from California I think so she might or might not be thrilled to return to Seattle. If she has another season like this one, she will get high dollars for sure.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nah it just feels too well scripted

If Bird retires

Sloot and Quigley to Seattle maybe even a slight duo discount let's say 200K and 175K respectively (not the last move just a big one)
Loyd to Chicago (maybe)
Re-sign Stewart and Russell
and Talbot and maybe Canada if it is at 120k or less if not maybe a sign and trade if all parties agree
Westbrook at #9 might be a bigger/better defensive back up PG than Canada on a rookie deal
there might be a few free agents out there willing to take a little less money to go for a ring how about SWK (Shatori Walker-Kimbraugh) as a counter weight to Quigley
then go with 11 round out with minimum contracts
maybe give N. Mack another shot and bring back Gorecki

Sloot/Westbrook
Quigley/SWK/Gorecki or Burke
KLS/Talbot
Stewart/Magbegor
Russell/Mack

If you don't like Westbrook go post with #9 Carter, Cunane, Egbo, Jorhaz, Cubaj

maybe try to get L. Allen or L. Mitchell for the back up PG spot depending on what you are looking for or just Canada in that role if she is cheaper than expected

depending on how expensive they are Hayes or Nurse instead of SWK though I like SWK better

there could even be a world where you get Sloot and Quigley and keep Loyd
Sloot and Quigley at slight discount back
Russell a few k below reg, minimum say 180k
Talbot in the 120k range

Sloot/Westbrook
Loyd/Quigley/minimum(Gorecki)
KLS/Talbot
Stewart/Magbegor
Russell/minimum (Mack)

might work financially

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/26/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Sounds like entitlement, to me: Storm fans have had the player that is considered, by the majority, to be the GOAT point guard, for her entire career. Now that she's on the way out the door, they feel like it's only appropriate that they get to have the player who is considered to be her heir apparent.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/27/21 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Sounds like entitlement, to me: Storm fans have had the player that is considered, by the majority, to be the GOAT point guard, for her entire career. Now that she's on the way out the door, they feel like it's only appropriate that they get to have the player who is considered to be her heir apparent.

Except that it isn't Seattle fans that keep suggesting this move.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/27/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I know Seattle fans are in love with Loyd. And yeah, this year she's an allstar. But she can also have games like today when it's really important and she totally bombs out. It's kind of like Arike. They both think it's ok to just keep on shooting even when they're not going in. If they can afford to keep Loyd, sure why not, but if not maybe Seattle can do a sign and trade of some sort so they get something in exchange. I think keeping Stewie, Russell, and Ezi as your bigs should be a priority for them. And they absolutely need to find a fourth post so they aren't left in this position if one of them is injured. I assume Stewie gets cored.
Sloot would give them five good years even if Quigley only gives two. SG is the position that is easiest to fill. PG is not. As far as Seattle goes, I think it's the only destination that would interest them other than staying in Chicago so I think that's why it comes up. They've done several years at Quig's home base so maybe it's time to do a few at Sloot's. I can imagine that it would be her dream job. I guess Seattle could wait a year, get a high draft pick, and go for Plum when she becomes a UFA. Though Plum went to UW, she's from California I think so she might or might not be thrilled to return to Seattle. If she has another season like this one, she will get high dollars for sure.

Loyd's cold games are more than balanced out by her medium and hot games. Her hot games are almost always big Storm wins. Maybe Loyd isn't consistent enough to be a constant #1 team-carrier like Stewart, but we will take the 2 of them all day every day. There's plenty of evidence that they enjoy playing together, so there's no problem there.

I can't find any posts by actual Seattle fans excited about this Sloot-Quigley thing people keep bringing up, especially over keeping Loyd. That's nuts. Also, Chicago is arguably better than Seattle right now, so why would this happen? Yes, we're going to have a big hole at PG when Bird retires though.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/27/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I rather go after Plum. I doubt that she wants to play behind Gray and off the bench for years at Vegas. Plum is a solid guard and gives you another great perimeter shooter to space things for Stewie.

Re-signing Stewie, Loyd and Russell is a must if they want keep being a true contender

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/27/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I rather go after Plum. I doubt that she wants to play behind Gray and off the bench for years at Vegas. Plum is a solid guard and gives you another great perimeter shooter to space things for Stewie.

Re-signing Stewie, Loyd and Russell is a must if they want keep being a true contender

I like that better, but who plays point in a Loyd-Plum backcourt?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/27/21 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I like that better, but who plays point in a Loyd-Plum backcourt?

Plum

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum isn't a free agent.

What are you going to trade for her?

Or are you planning on waiting out her contract and signing her in 23?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/27/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Judging from this press conference I can’t seem to believe bird is retiring. The crowd Chanting 1 more year seems to have affected her. She’s coming back imo. I also agree it’s time to get rid of single
Eliminations. If the W is an entertainment league they need to go to a 3-5-5 format. No more Byes as well…..

https://youtu.be/FDL7P5U6zUU

PostPosted: 09/28/21 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Judging from this press conference I can’t seem to believe bird is retiring. The crowd Chanting 1 more year seems to have affected her. She’s coming back imo. I also agree it’s time to get rid of single
Eliminations. If the W is an entertainment league they need to go to a 3-5-5 format. No more Byes as well…..

Honestly, I think Sue is coming back and that entire jersey swap situation was because Diana is the one retiring.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/28/21 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Honestly, I think Sue is coming back and that entire jersey swap situation was because Diana is the one retiring.

Even though Phoenix won, Taurasi looked much closer to done than Bird did

PostPosted: 09/28/21 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Exactly -- DT's the one who has had at least three injuries this season, only played in 16 games, and can barely run up the court by the end of most games.

PostPosted: 09/28/21 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@craigmont insists that Storm fans aren't the ones who keep bringing up this Vandersloot-to-Seattle proposition. Now, I'm not saying that they're wrong, but I do feel like that statement merits a follow up question: why the fuck would anybody who's not a Storm fan want Vandersloot to play for Seattle? Speaking only for myself, there are literally eleven teams that I would rather see Vandersloot play for than the Storm.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/28/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
@craigmont insists that Storm fans aren't the ones who keep bringing up this Vandersloot-to-Seattle proposition. Now, I'm not saying that they're wrong, but I do feel like that statement merits a follow up question: why the fuck would anybody who's not a Storm fan want Vandersloot to play for Seattle? Speaking only for myself, there are literally eleven teams that I would rather see Vandersloot play for than the Storm.

I don't know either, Silky. People do seem to enjoy speculating on rosters and trade proposals.

Any team would be thrilled to have Sloot, although Chicago will probably core her. Seattle has a core to use on either Stewart or Loyd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: