Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/26/21 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Trade suggestion: Dungee and Harris for DeShields.

I would expect this suggestion from a Dallas fan, not from you.

🤣🤣🤣

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/26/21 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

🤣🤣🤣

Make it happen captain !!! That’s a deal of all deals!!

PostPosted: 09/26/21 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Dungee and Harris have no value as players. People always think that you can add some spare parts together to get something useful, and that just isn't how talent and success in this league works.

Same thing was said about Dana Evans when we traded her to the Sky and you see how that worked out ? #Value

PostPosted: 09/26/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I think for Dallas it is a question of how fast do you want to get to where you are trying to go.

The easiest and yet viable approach would be to add your two first round picks #4 (unless they get lucky in which case it could be #1 or #2 Dallas can not get number 3 because only the first two lottery picks are drawn then the other two spots go in order record LA has the best record so anyone in the bottom two with LA/Dallas automatically get #3).

lets say you are able to go Austin with lottery your lottery pick and Burrell with #7 (those seemed like the popular picks when discussing picks) then you land somewhere like

Mabery/Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Burrell
Gray/Thorton
Sabally/Austin/Collier
Harrison/Kuier or Alarie

If you don't land Austin and Burrell
Smith, Cunane, Carter, Hillmon, Henderson, Westbrook still give you options for another post and/or wing or back up PG

It is still a young team but there is a lot of room for internal growth, if everyone stays healthy this might not be a championship contender but it is a team that will continue it's upward trajectory and a team that will be able to win on any given night.

I don't think this is a really bad approach tbh Ogunbowale and Sabally are on their way to all-star status, Jefferson, Harrison, Gray, Mabery and Thorton or all decent rotational pieces, if Austin, Burrell, Collier or Kuier develop into real contributors you have a strong squad.
The following year Jefferson and Harrison are out of contract and you can max out your own RFA and probably go big game hunting on the free agent market.

next post on the subject will be about trades and free agents

Get rid of Harris and I like where you are going with this!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

with free agents we are going to see the same names coming up in all of these 22 prediction

If Dallas wants to hasten their development they need a need starter/all-star level post

the only one on the UFA that seems gettable is Charles, and tbh I am not sure Dallas would be where she would want to go, she already has spoken well of Minny, PX tried to trade for her a couple of seasons ago and Washington could still be in the mix depending on how the chips fall

some other slightly less exciting names Breland, Dupree, E. Will, Dolson, Stokes don't see Dallas fans getting too excited about any of those (even though they would probably offer a little more stability that the straight up youth brigade but they also might take minutes away from the youth you need to develop again it speaks to strategy win a few more games in 22 or set yourself up for a better future).

an out of the box idea (not a post or a back up PG) throw a lot of money at K. Copper see if Chicago who has to pay Sloot, Quigley and Copper and/or Deshields can be out bid

Mabery, Ogunbowale, Copper, Sabally, Harrison
Jefferson, Gray, Thorton, Collier, Kuier, two first round picks seems decent Copper takes Dallas to a pretty deadly level at least on the offensive end

Could C. Williams and Ogunbowale function as a back-court?

same vain as Copper but with defense instead of offense try to trade for Deshields, I don't think spare parts would pull it off but Thorton on a team friendly contract and pick 7 would be good, maybe too much, maybe spare part (Harris, Dungee or Alarie) and pick 7 would get it done.

Deshields would be a nice fit between Ogunbowale and Sabally

if we are talking about restricted free agents that brings us back to Hines-Allen with the cap squeeze Washington is in they would probably consider pick 7 and someone on rookie scale like Harris or Alarie, it would free up money for Charles or Meesseman get 2 for 1 if Hines-Allen would be open to Dallas she would be a decent upgrade

lesser move if you don't like Harris or Mabbery as a back PG try to sign L. Allen or maybe Clarendon.

What do you all think of Russell, Seattle has a lot of their own free agents they have to pay you might be able to get Russell for a regular max with out giving up anything, Seattle might also be open to the team friendly contract Thorton is on or pick #7 and a rookie scale throw in.

But my fantasy move for Dallas is still the same
Chiney retires
Nneka is over LA
It will seem like an over pay but if Dallas ends up with the #4 pick
#4 and Thorton (or any other singular piece outside of Ogunbowale and Sabally) that LA wants for N. Ogwumike

Even on the downside of her career Nneka would be the missing piece to this Dallas team, with Ogunbowale and Sabally Nneka becomes the third option and anchors the defense up front

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Mabery/pick #7 (Burrell, Williams, Westbrook)
Sabally/Gray
N. Ogwumike/Collier
Harrison/Alarie/Kuier

This team is a contender
so while the trade might at first seem lop-sided where Dallas ends up IMO is so much higher than other moves that it would be worth the over pay

my trade value ranking for Dallas (leaving Ogunbowale and Sabally as untouchable)

lottery pick
Thorton on team friendly contract
Gray
pick #7
Mabery
Harrison (might work for some teams but her contract is high)

Alarie, Harris, Dungee, Collier and Kuier only if attached to another more tradable piece such as a pick

Jefferson is almost un-tradable not that she doesn't have something to offer but her 180k is just too much for another team to take on for what she has to offer

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why not bid big for MHA? I think she'll be in hot demand, and Washington won't be able to afford her unless they let Meeseman walk. MHA would be a fabulous addition to this team.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
why not bid big for MHA? I think she'll be in hot demand, and Washington won't be able to afford her unless they let Meeseman walk. MHA would be a fabulous addition to this team.

That is somewhere in the book I wrote

My gut tells me (even though it has been explained to me that I could be totally wrong) that Washington will try very hard to not give up Hines-Allen for nothing so there may be competing sign and trade offers

Obviously Hines-Allen could just sign a big offer and force Washington's hand in which case Dallas, NY and Atl seem like the teams who are in the best position to do that.

We will have to see

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon I tried I could not …that post is too damn long Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually like just draft well and internal improvement better
but if Dallas wants to hasten its development

shorter version of free agents and/or trades

possible free agents (might have to sign and trade for RFA if can't out bid)
Charles (UFA)
Hines-Allen (RFA)
Russell (RFA)

Copper (UFA)
Deshields (RFA)

other posts (Probably not going to fly with Wings fans)
Dupree, Dolson, Breland, Stokes, E. Will (all UFA)

possible upgrade at back up PG
L. Allen (RFA)
Clarendon (UFA)

idea I have liked for Dallas for years trade for N. Ogwumike, assuming that Chiney wants to retire and Nneka has lost her taste for the Sparks
Id offer lottery pick and Thorton still think it is a good idea for the fact that out of all option only trading for Nneka makes Dallas a possible contender.
It might seem like over pay but

Jefferson, Ogunbowale, Sabally, N. Ogwumike, Harrison
Harris, Mabery, Gray, 1st round pick, Collier, Kuier, Alarie

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I put $$$ on it that VJ wanted Nneka last yr during free agency, but she resigned with LA.

Get Sloot and Deshields. Also, ask about Hebard.

I doubt Phoenix would give up Turner but damnit, try. Send Collier over - maybe playing next to a fellow Texan will help her

Last edited by Milks26 on 09/26/21 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

I disagree! The team looked it's most cohesive the first year under Agler, however, once they collectively decided no one on the team liked him "personally" the entire team pulled back so to speak but if VJ is who you like, I will not argue with your choice!

Damn! Is that what happened for real or just guessing?

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
I put $$$ on it that VJ wanted Nneka during free agency, but she resigned with LA.

I doubt Phoenix would give up Turner but damnit, try. Send Collier over - maybe playing next to a fellow Texan will help her

Dallas will have to drop kick a lot of players on their roster to be able to afford that trio.💵💵💵

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
I put $$$ on it that VJ wanted Nneka during free agency, but she resigned with LA.

Dallas will have to drop kick a lot of players on their roster to be able to afford that trio.💵💵💵

Yeah, I know. I can dream. Whoever sticks I'm fine with

PostPosted: 09/26/21 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Dungee and Harris have no value as players. People always think that you can add some spare parts together to get something useful, and that just isn't how talent and success in this league works.

Same thing was said about Dana Evans when we traded her to the Sky and you see how that worked out ? #Value

Touche.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/26/21 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
with free agents we are going to see the same names coming up in all of these 22 prediction

If Dallas wants to hasten their development they need a need starter/all-star level post

the only one on the UFA that seems gettable is Charles, and tbh I am not sure Dallas would be where she would want to go, she already has spoken well of Minny, PX tried to trade for her a couple of seasons ago and Washington could still be in the mix depending on how the chips fall

some other slightly less exciting names Breland, Dupree, E. Will, Dolson, Stokes don't see Dallas fans getting too excited about any of those (even though they would probably offer a little more stability that the straight up youth brigade but they also might take minutes away from the youth you need to develop again it speaks to strategy win a few more games in 22 or set yourself up for a better future).

an out of the box idea (not a post or a back up PG) throw a lot of money at K. Copper see if Chicago who has to pay Sloot, Quigley and Copper and/or Deshields can be out bid

Jefferson, Gray, Thorton, Collier, Kuier, two first round picks seems decent Copper takes Dallas to a pretty deadly level at least on the offensive end

same vain as Copper but with defense instead of offense try to trade for Deshields, I don't think spare parts would pull it off but Thorton on a team friendly contract and pick 7 would be good, maybe too much, maybe spare part (Harris, Dungee or Alarie) and pick 7 would get it done.

if we are talking about restricted free agents that brings us back to Hines-Allen with the cap squeeze Washington is in they would probably consider pick 7 and someone on rookie scale like Harris or Alarie, it would free up money for Charles or Meesseman get 2 for 1 if Hines-Allen would be open to Dallas she would be a decent upgrade

lesser move if you don't like Harris or Mabbery as a back PG try to sign L. Allen or maybe Clarendon.

What do you all think of Russell, Seattle has a lot of their own free agents they have to pay you might be able to get Russell for a regular max with out giving up anything, Seattle might also be open to the team friendly contract Thorton is on or pick #7 and a rookie scale throw in.

Chiney retires
Nneka is over LA
#4 and Thorton (or any other singular piece outside of Ogunbowale and Sabally) that LA wants for N. Ogwumike

Even on the downside of her career Nneka would be the missing piece to this Dallas team, with Ogunbowale and Sabally Nneka becomes the third option and anchors the defense up front

Jefferson/Harris
Sabally/Gray
N. Ogwumike/Collier
Harrison/Alarie/Kuier

This team is a contender
so while the trade might at first seem lop-sided where Dallas ends up IMO is so much higher than other moves that it would be worth the over pay

my trade value ranking for Dallas (leaving Ogunbowale and Sabally as untouchable)

lottery pick
Gray
pick #7
Mabery

Alarie, Harris, Dungee, Collier and Kuier only if attached to another more tradable piece such as a pick

Jefferson is almost un-tradable not that she doesn't have something to offer but her 180k is just too much for another team to take on for what she has to offer

Not interested in moving Gray to the bench. Not for DeShields and likely not for Copper. Gray offers 3 point shooting and defense.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/27/21 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I only made this trade suggestion because all season long Dallas fans have been taking dumps on both Dungee and Harris. Both of these ladies are very young players that have yet to adjust to playing in the WNBA.
WNBA fans are very impatient. I have not given up hope on DeShields. I want the Sky to resign her next season. She just have to know that she is not in position to make any high salary demands.😉

PostPosted: 09/27/21 3:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I only made this trade suggestion because all season long Dallas fans have been taking dumps on both Dungee and Harris. Both of these ladies are very young players that have yet to adjust to playing in the WNBA.
WNBA fans are very impatient. I have not given up hope on DeShields. I want the Sky to resign her next season. She just have to know that she is not in position to make any high salary demands.😉

Nope. I have seen both ladies play live many times. And, yes, sometimes it takes time to adjust.....especially at the PG spot. I hope VJ & Bibb are competent enough to realize that. We'll find out in a few months.

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Chiney retires
Nneka is over LA

Jefferson/Harris
Sabally/Gray
N. Ogwumike/Collier
Harrison/Alarie/Kuier

This team is a contender

lottery pick
Gray
pick #7
Mabery

J if I start a Go Fund Me Page, would you be willing to move to Dallas and take over Greg Bibbs spot???

I'm always impressed with how you figure all this stuff out in a way that I agree with 95% of it most of the time, yet we have so called "professionals" running the show who always seem clueless about any of it!!!

I like all the above, except keeping Harris of course, and I was furious that Bibb didn't go after Russell in the draft or when she was out there before Seattle picked her up!

It's going to be interesting to see what happens because as I mentioned the other day, VJ made it clear in her next to last interview that the Wings are NOT in the developing business, they want to win ASAP!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Chiney retires
Nneka is over LA

Jefferson/Harris
Sabally/Gray
N. Ogwumike/Collier
Harrison/Alarie/Kuier

This team is a contender

lottery pick
Gray
pick #7
Mabery

J if I start a Go Fund Me Page, would you be willing to move to Dallas and take over Greg Bibbs spot???

I'm always impressed with how you figure all this stuff out in a way that I agree with 95% of it most of the time, yet we have so called "professionals" running the show who always seem clueless about any of it!!!

I like all the above, except keeping Harris of course, and I was furious that Bibb didn't go after Russell in the draft or when she was out there before Seattle picked her up!

It's going to be interesting to see what happens because as I mentioned the other day, VJ made it clear in her next to last interview that the Wings are NOT in the developing business, they want to win ASAP!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

I disagree! The team looked it's most cohesive the first year under Agler, however, once they collectively decided no one on the team liked him "personally" the entire team pulled back so to speak but if VJ is who you like, I will not argue with your choice!

Damn! Is that what happened for real or just guessing?

I'm only guessing but it sure as hell seems plausible when you think about it and how they are playing today vs his second season at the helm!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
myrtle wrote:

That is somewhere in the book I wrote

My gut tells me (even though it has been explained to me that I could be totally wrong) that Washington will try very hard to not give up Hines-Allen for nothing so there may be competing sign and trade offers

Obviously Hines-Allen could just sign a big offer and force Washington's hand in which case Dallas, NY and Atl seem like the teams who are in the best position to do that.

We will have to see

I like your books anytime about the Wings 🤣🤣🤣

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I've taken dumps on Harris not Finger and that will continue....sorry 🤦

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/27/21 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

F-ing spell check...Dungee

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/27/21 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After Brian Got the can...

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/dallas-wings-fire-coach-brian-agler-after-missing-playoffs/2460780/

Quote:
The Wings will begin a search for a new coach immediately. Bibb said in a call Wednesday night that finding a coach who is good at building relationships is important as is having a relatability to the players.

"At the end of the day we'll hire the candidate that's best qualified to lead our team," Bibb said. "As far as relatability, the best way is to find a coach who has walked in the same shoes that the players have walked in."

PostPosted: 10/01/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The defensive numbers on Arike, especially this year, are the scariest part. She plays so many minutes that her time off the floor is a fairly small sample size, but in those 287 minutes that she didn't play Dallas had a defensive rating that would've been second only to Connecticut in the overall team rankings. The offense dropped off without her but nowhere near as much as the defense improved. They had a +6 net rating without her vs a -3.6 net rating with her on the court this season.

There's always a lot of noise in these numbers but I do feel like this team still needs rebalancing (even if they still can't find the consolodation trade that they'd obviously like to make). If nothing else you need to take the ball away from Arike more on the offensive end so that she can use more energy on defense (while obviously having to convince her of this shift, as well)

It is tough to believe there is that much of a difference. There must be something else at the root because I watch nearly all the games and I can’t imagine that they are doing that much better without her on the court given that there is nearly no offense without her. Also, I don’t think her defense is bad, let alone bad enough that someone else in her stead becomes the missing cog to make the defense go. Even if there was a missing miracle defensive cog, who the heck could it be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: