RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Stars View 'Next Step' To Be Cultural Relevance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/25/22 12:16 am    ::: WNBA Stars View 'Next Step' To Be Cultural Relevance Reply Reply with quote

https://sports.yahoo.com/this-is-not-a-1-800-number-wnba-stars-view-next-step-as-cultural-relevance-220517582.html

Quote:
It’s not a charity to invest in women’s basketball,” [Candace] Parker said from the Adidas couch with [Layshia] Clarendon, Natalie Achonwa and WNBA Players Association president Nneka Ogwumike. “And I think that’s the perspective that has to shift when these companies call and they’re like, ‘How can we help?’ This is not a 1-800 number. Actually invest properly in women’s sports and then from there we can see if it will succeed. Everybody knows, if you don’t invest in something — scared money don’t make money.”

Imo, this article just gets it. We've read so many articles detailing the problems the W has, that it is refreshing every now & then to see an article that purely takes on more of what I'd consider to be an honest visionary existence that isn't talked about enough. Definitely, definitely worth the read.

Thoughts?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 04/25/22 1:54 pm    ::: Re: WNBA Stars View 'Next Step' To Be Cultural Relevance Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Thoughts?

Stormeo: I've sent mine in a private message--but that message isn't showing either in my Sentbox or my Outbox. I fear it's disappeared into cyberspace. If you don't see it and are interested, send me a PM and I'll try again.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: