but adding new players is my larger focus on this list
this is not a power ranking

PX
Taurasi/Peddy
Diggins-Smith/Nurse
Deshields/Cunningham
Charles/Turner
Griner/Turner

maybe a minimum and a vet minimum to round it out (I have Plaisance and Gorecki for no particular reason could just as easily be Mack and Bria Holmes

Chi
(Sloot)/Alemand/Evans
(Quigley)/minimum
Copper/Bradford
Meesseman/Stevens
Parker/Hebard

Get Sloot and Quigley back on board, maybe re-sign L. Brown and round up any extra Belgians look out

LA
Carter/Canada
Toliver/Guirantes/Cooper
Sykes/KLS
N. Ogwumike/Zahui B/Walker or Cox
Cambage/C. Ogwumike

could Vadeeva come over? who knows? at this point LA is going to be something to watch pick #9 could be trying to take someone's job

Seattle
Bird/January
Loyd/Prince
G. Williams/Burke
Stewart/Talbot/Herbert-Harrigan
Russell/Magbegor

kind of done

Wash
Cloud/Lunquist
Atkins/SWK/Kang or Weise
Clark/#1 (Howard)
EDD/McCall/Gustafson
MHA/E. Will

kind of done as well

Minn
Clarendon/Dangerfield
McBride/Carelton
Powers/Davis/(Collier)
McCoughtry/Dantes/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

Is Collier out for the season? What about Zandalsini and the #8 pick
(I know starting McCoughtry at the 4 is weird but I am not bringing Angel off the bench so one of Powers or Dantes ends up there)

Conn
J. Thomas/Heideman
C. Williams/Charles
Bonner/Carrington
A. Thomas/Mompremier/S. Jones
J. Jones/B. Jones

Charles or someone else on the bench could be replaced with the #12 pick.
retaining J. Jones adding C. Williams and being able to hang onto B. Jones is huge. Conn will once again be contender other super teams beware

LV
Gray/Slocum
R. Williams/Plum
J. Young
Wilson/Hamby
Stokes/Park

feels like there is still some work to be done
pick #11 maybe Westbrook?
they probably still have some cap space, who is left
Breland? Burdick? Dupree? Sims?

NY
Ionescu/?
Whitcomb/Richards
Laney/Allen/Willoughby
Howard/Onyenwere
Dolson/Shook

pick #5 will be a post (Austin, Hillmon, Sabally, Cunane) ?= try to lure Johannes back or P. Kea as a viable back PG. NY has a couple of months before having to make a final decision on Durr. Maybe not a contender yet but if everyone is healthy who want to play NY on any given night

Atl

Wheeler/Agnew
Hayes/McDonald
Coffey/Walker
Billings/
Ch. Parker/Vaughn

pick #3 (assuming Howard and Smith go 1/2 Austin or Hillmon at 3), #14 and #15 (Atl is the team you want to be picked by if you want to make a roster from the 2nd round Georgia locals Morrison Staiti or Cubaj, falling Huskies Westbrook, Williams, Ono or Juhasz, or just someone who has the luck of the draw Hull, Hayes, Burton)
Alt clearly playing the long game for lottery picks in 23 Boston or Haley Jones would make this roster look a lot better

Indy
D-Rob/L. Allen
K. Mitchell/Hartley/Wilson
T. Mitchell/#7 (Joens, Burrell)
#2 (Smith, Austin)/Perry
Lavender/Cannon/#10 (Cunane, Cubaj, Juhasz)

Indy playing long game as well
Not sure Hartley comes off the bench for 196k so buy out? trade? or does she replace D-Rob the starting line up? Would Atl take Hartley's contract if they through in pick #7?

Dallas
Jefferson/Harris
Ogwumike/Mabrey/Dungee
Gray/Thorton
Sabally/Collier/Kuier
Harrison/Alarie

pick #4 and pick #6 looking to take some jobs
Dallas made no moves in free agency but has huge room for internal growth with Sabally, Ogunbowale, Collier, Kuier and Alarie with stabilizing veteran role players Harrison, Gray, Jefferson and Thorton
we will see if the growth gamble plays out or if there is still a move to be made
moving up to #2 for Smith with player and pick could be worth it side Sabally to the SF spot build around Ogunbowale, Sabally and Smith

anyway still some moves to be made but that is what I have so far

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/07/22 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Sky give Max salaries to their top free agents they won't have enough money to give to Quigley. Only if Quigley takes a Tina Charles discount can the Sky afford to pay her. The Disrespect I tell you.

PostPosted: 02/07/22 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LV
Gray/Slocum
R. Williams/Plum
J. Young
Wilson/Hamby
Stokes/Park

They have a real problem at SF. Any team that depends totally on J.Young will have some great games, and then some not so great ones. The other guards are too small to play there. I guess Hamby could get some minutes at SF. Maybe they should make a trade with NY for one of their plethora of wings...but not sure Vegas could give up any of these other than the two that have little to no trade value.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/07/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
LV
Gray/Slocum
R. Williams/Plum
J. Young
Wilson/Hamby
Stokes/Park

They have a real problem at SF. Any team that depends totally on J.Young will have some great games, and then some not so great ones. The other guards are too small to play there. I guess Hamby could get some minutes at SF. Maybe they should make a trade with NY for one of their plethora of wings...but not sure Vegas could give up any of these other than the two that have little to no trade value.

LV will probably end up signing someone like Burdick or Bria Holmes for that SF spot. They also have the #11 pick maybe Westbrook, Hollingshead. Could just pick up the recently waived Odom or Jaz Jones.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/08/22 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My overall seeding for the WNBA this season in order:

1. Connecticut
2. Phoenix
3. Seattle
4. Minnesota
5. Washington
6. Los Angelas
7. Chicago
8. Las Vegas
9. New york
10. Dallas
11. Atlanta
12. Indiana

* Vegas will take a step back...Having a healthy Cambage was like a cheat code. She led LV in pts, reb, and blks per 36 minutes... Liz also led the team in win shares per 40 minutes...LV did make the finals without Liz in the bubble, but they had two things working in their favor.......1. A lot of players did not play in the bubble.....2. They still had Angel............Angel/Liz are both gone

* Even though Collier is out for most/all of the season, I low key like Minnesota. I'd like them even more if they start Dantas at PF and bring Powers off the bench.

Of course, my predictions can change (signings, trades, injuries, sit-outs)

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/08/22 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Collier miss that much time though?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/22 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

She's due in May. Players have returned in as little as six weeks after giving birth but 3-6 months is more common. She might be back for the end of the regular season and/or playoffs but I'd guess she misses the whole thing.

PostPosted: 02/08/22 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

The season starts May 6th......Collier's expected delivery is May 22nd....Teams will play 36 gms.

If Collier makes her return on...

July 3rd (6 weeks)---------21 gms missed
July 17th (8 wks/2m)------26 gms missed
July 31st (10weeks)-------30 gms missed
Aug 14th (12 wks/3m)----35 gms missed
Aug 28th (14 weeks)------Missed entire RS makes return 2nd rd of playoffs

Just for context

Parker returned 53 days after childbirth.
Sims returned 4 months after childbirth

mercfan

PostPosted: 02/09/22 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone heard where Odyssey Sims might land?

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/09/22 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Rachel Galligan
@RachGall

Kysre Gondrezick has signed a training camp contract with the Chicago Sky
@Winsidr
1:52 PM · Feb 9, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1491485261305245697

PostPosted: 02/09/22 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I figured somebody might use her to fill in a cheap spot on their roster since she should only cost about $60K.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/09/22 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I figured somebody might use her to fill in a cheap spot on their roster since she should only cost about $60K.

I figured Phoenix would sign her if only for the #prettygirlrock branding of having her and Skylar on the same team.

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/09/22 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York Liberty: Leaonna Odom – Waivers Cleared

Indiana Fever: Jazmine Jones – Awarded on Waivers

PostPosted: 02/14/22 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Part 2 of my roundups and analysis, covering Charles signing, Carter trade, DeShields/Allemand trade and everything else: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-free-agency-signings-trades-roundup-2

PostPosted: 02/14/22 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Part 2 of my roundups and analysis, covering Charles signing, Carter trade, DeShields/Allemand trade and everything else: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-free-agency-signings-trades-roundup-2

Great job as always Richyyy

I know the Charles situation, but still seeing Billings will make more than her this year is just Shocked Shocked Shocked

I had no idea the Lynx are in such straits.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/14/22 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In some ways the Lynx have good problems. Too many players you like is better than not enough. Just hard to see exactly what the plan is at the moment.

PostPosted: 02/14/22 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minn has too many wings (McCoughtry, Powers, McBride, Carelton, Davis maybe Collier) and LV too few (J. Young) so maybe

LV 2023 first round pick for Powers or McBride?

It seems risky to trade your 23 pick but everybody is doing it. If Vegas thinks Powers or McBride moves them into solid contender position than maybe

I doubt Vegas would make the some trade for Achonwa but maybe rights to Rupert (if she isn't coming this season) for Achonwa makes sense. Stokes/Achonwa next to Wilson with Hamby and Park rounding out the post might be enough if Wilson reverts to MVP form post Cambage

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/14/22 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the people Vegas have to re-sign after this season there's no way they're taking on that Achonwa deal. They also don't have the room to just add someone like Powers or McBride to their sheet for this season, unless they dump a big contract somewhere in the process (or just cut Riquna Williams, which seems unlikely). Could also technically cut Stokes and then just barely fit three base minimums in their final three spots, but that doesn't seem hugely likely either.

PostPosted: 02/14/22 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the emphasis on the gamble LA took in acquiring (maybe?) both Liz and Chennedy. GM & Coach Fisher so far has not done well on building much of anything so odds are the gamble won't save his job - unless somebody upstairs in Sparksland WANTS the Sparks to fail. LA lost a superstar in Parker and close to superstar Chelsea Gray a year ago, gaining nothing but cap space. They brought in some individual talent but gave up their picks in this draft. They're either swirling the drain or? Or what? What are the chances that two players with superstar talent but a solid TON of baggage can beat solid teams (Phoenix, Seattle) this season? Very, very, very slim, I'd say. Maybe both O's knees are all better and they play their best basketball? Another gamble, on a team chock full of gamble pieces.

~rAf
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/14/22 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
With all the people Vegas have to re-sign after this season there's no way they're taking on that Achonwa deal. They also don't have the room to just add someone like Powers or McBride to their sheet for this season, unless they dump a big contract somewhere in the process (or just cut Riquna Williams, which seems unlikely). Could also technically cut Stokes and then just barely fit three base minimums in their final three spots, but that doesn't seem hugely likely either.

my bad

I thought they had a little cap because they did not re-sign Cambage and McCoughtry but I guess Gray, Plum and Hamby along with new super max Wilson and Williams and Stokes adds up to more than I thought

Vegas really needs Park and Rupert to show up they look a little thin to me with all the new super teams

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/15/22 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I like the emphasis on the gamble LA took in acquiring (maybe?) both Liz and Chennedy. GM & Coach Fisher so far has not done well on building much of anything so odds are the gamble won't save his job - unless somebody upstairs in Sparksland WANTS the Sparks to fail. LA lost a superstar in Parker and close to superstar Chelsea Gray a year ago, gaining nothing but cap space. They brought in some individual talent but gave up their picks in this draft. They're either swirling the drain or? Or what? What are the chances that two players with superstar talent but a solid TON of baggage can beat solid teams (Phoenix, Seattle) this season? Very, very, very slim, I'd say. Maybe both O's knees are all better and they play their best basketball? Another gamble, on a team chock full of gamble pieces.

Are you Matt Barnes?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/15/22 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

my bad

I thought they had a little cap because they did not re-sign Cambage and McCoughtry but I guess Gray, Plum and Hamby along with new super max Wilson and Williams and Stokes adds up to more than I thought

They have about $268,700 left for at least 3 players.
$268,700
..$66,306 Rupert
..$66,306 2022 #11 pick
$134,088 What’s left over
That should be enough to pay for their other two draft picks (#23, #35).
With Hammon being an against all odds undrafted player, she might actually give those low picks a shot.

But the route I’d most likely take is signing Park. She’s put in the time when other internationals wouldn’t. She’s been playing well. Easy call.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/15/22 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Are you Matt Barnes?

NO! Sick of the Fish and how he destroyed this Championship contending team.

~rAf
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/18/22 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-wnba-all-star-liz-cambage/

It's official...

#SparksWillFly

jap

PostPosted: 02/18/22 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-wnba-all-star-liz-cambage/

It's official...

#SparksWillFly

So now we have two players going around using the "Hollywood" moniker? But, of course, it was I who christened Liz, didn't I? I'm gonna have to come up with a new name for Big Momma. I've already used "Shaq Momma," but that does not really resonate with her game. Hhmmm ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: