RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty @ Fever - 5/16/24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 05/18/24 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like the fact that Coach Sides harps on CC negatives to the media...Keep that shyt private.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/18/24 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I don't like the fact that Coach Sides harps on CC negatives to the media...Keep that shyt private.

I would normally agree, but I think some of it is to try and tone down the unrealistic expectations that the media has been putting on her. People are just... really weird about Clark, in a way I haven't seen about any of the other cult figures in the past.

PostPosted: 05/18/24 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
DTP wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I'm baffled as to why Sides would tell Clark to change her game when there's not a lot of down/practice time as she pointed out...Clark can work on her midrange game during the 1-month Olympic break...Also, Sides should've been more prepared considering she already knew Clark/Boston/Smith would all be starters.......Dunn dropped the ball by not going after SDS or Cloud and instead signing KLS..........It's almost as if the GM/HC are intentionally sabotaging the franchise to get another lottery pick.

I keep seeing this but where did Sides say that she's changing Clark's game? How I heard it, she has encouraged her to take more mid range shots....aka if you're open, shoot it. Isn't that encouraging her to shoot it more? Giving her confidence to shoot it wherever?

Lastly, defense is too good and she's not athletic or big enough to pull a heliocentric type offense in the W. Encouraging her to get the ball out quickly and if necessary the ball will find her back is what's going to be best for getting her open shots.

She said she doesn’t like the logo threes, that she wants her comfortable with the midrange game, that she doesn’t like how long CC has the ball in her hands. Etc..

All things (outside of the logo threes. Leave that be) she can work on, but like..work with what she does well now. And give her homework in the off season.

As tfan has pointed out- this is not accurate.

I don't see any of Sides comments as negative at all, it's talking basketball. What's the point of press conferences if coaches can't honestly answer questions?

I also don't agree with other statements that Sides should just wait until the off season to try coaching her....that's just insane to me. No other player is treated that way either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: