30%  [ 6 ]
Liberty
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 20

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Brondello should just let Stewart win/lose it.

I think that was what she drew up but Clark was not having it. Great season from the liberty excited to see if they give it 1 more run .

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I wonder if Riquna Williams will get a ring

đŸ¤£

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Stewie was just awful in this series. A'ja is the MVP.

Strong words although i think AT was the regular season MVP the best player in the world put the debate to an end tonight.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone else see Myrtle Snow from AHS Coven when Cathy stands in front of the camera and speaks Laughing Laughing The NY Boos are #Iconic

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gutsy ass performance by Aces!
Incredible! What a game.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty deserved to lose...This was a total choke job

* Blown layups
* Missed wide open 3's
* Unforced turnovers
* Stewart/Jones playing not showing up

The Liberty needs a guard who can create offense and play defense.

Spark4Life

WNBA 09 wrote:
Does anyone else see Myrtle Snow from AHS Coven when Cathy stands in front of the camera and speaks Laughing Laughing The NY Boos are #Iconic

They're booing?

WNBA 09

Spark4Life wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
đŸ¤®

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xTcnSOEKegBnYhGahW" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Mad? No.
Grossed out.

Mad boots Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I think that was what she drew up but Clark was not having it. Great season from the Liberty excited to see if they give it 1 more run .

I would trade Sloot and try to sign Cloud or SDS.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

They're booing?

Ya ,but in all fairness the Aces aren't making it any better quoting "Nicki Minaj - Itty Bitty piggy lyrics " and #NightNight Poses Laughing Shocked

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 10/18/23 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I think that was what she drew up but Clark was not having it. Great season from the Liberty excited to see if they give it 1 more run .

Cloud maybe SDS will run everyone off . Overall do you think Cloud is a better playmaker than Sloot at this point in their careers ?

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
OHHHH MY FUCKING GOD !!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.....AJA IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD PERIOD THATS HOW !!! WOW

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Cloud maybe SDS will run everyone off . Overall do you think Cloud is a better playmaker than Sloot at this point in their careers ?

Cloud's defense and ability to get to the rim would be a game-changer for the Liberty...She can also bring the ball up the court under pressure unlike Sloot...The only thing Sloot does better is shoot....but what good is that advantage if Sloot is passing up open shots and blowing layups?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The way Sportscenter just said NY has lost All 5 Finals appearances in team history makes me feel some kind of way. They have to get one give it one more run !!!

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I believe he chose Cloud as an option because of her defense. Sloot is still top level at setting up her teammates.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Cloud's defense and ability to get to the rim would be a game-changer for the Liberty...She can also bring the ball up the court under pressure unlike Sloot...The only thing Sloot does better is shoot....but what good is that advantage if Sloot is passing up open shots and blowing layups?

No offense but wth , did you watch this series ? The only thing sloot does better is shoot ? Huh , she's the all time assist leader and the best PG to play this game. I think she forgot that with all the super talent around her this season , but no time in her career or clouds have i considered her inferior to natasha. Cloud had a great elimination game but im not ready to put her ahead of Sloot. To be fair the only trade that would even equate to what sloot brings to a team when NEEDED is chelsea gray or Sue bird and clearly both are not elgible.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

No offense but wth , did you watch this series ? The only thing sloot does better is shoot ? Huh , she's the all time assist leader and the best PG to play this game. I think she forgot that with all the super talent around her this season , but no time in her career or clouds have i considered her inferior to natasha. Cloud had a great elimination game but im not ready to put her ahead of Sloot. To be fair the only trade that would even equate to what sloot brings to a team when NEEDED is chelsea gray or Sue bird and clearly both are not elgible.

This isn't the same Sloot from 2 years ago.

* Couldn't bring the ball upcourt against tough defensive pressure...How many times did we see Stewart bringing the ball up the court?
* Unforced turnovers
* Blown layups
* Not taking open shots
* Poor defense

Cloud defense alone would've been a game-changer....Her ability to bring the ball up the floor against pressure would've lessened the load on Stewart.....Sloot is 34, Cloud's 31

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
OHHHH MY FUCKING GOD !!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.....AJA IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD PERIOD THATS HOW !!! WOW

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

YES!!! I'm so happy for them and proud of their resilience! A'ja is a beast and the head but man that was a great team win and so awesome to see everybody do things to get the W!!

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a joy to watch A'ja carry the team on her back. Her intensity every possession was incredible. Congrats to the Aces and to the best player in the league. Breanna on the other hand, she really let the Liberty down.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players have to play and I'm not giving them an out at all....but man, what a choke job by Sandy. Starting the lineup she did in the 2nd qrt....just felt like no sense of urgency, no real game plan, just completely unprepared. I've had the feeling all season long that I didn't trust her down the stretch againt LV and she was badly outcoached tonight- shoutout to Becky!

Stewie simply had to be better. Same with JJ. Same with SI, although I'll give her a lot of credit for her defensive moments down the stretch tonight.

It won't happen and I'm not even sure who they could go get if it did happen...but I simply don't have faith in Sandy to get the job done with this team. Embarrassing loss.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have to give A. Clark, Cayla George and Sydney Colson mucho credit for stepping up in a huge game!

Hats off to you!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You had no right, Aces!
I was already mentally prepared to accept NY as asterisked-due-to-injuries WNBA champs of 2023.

That was damn impressive.

(and on the other side of the coin, kind of embarrassing)

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats, Aces. That was a gutsy win.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That an injury-hobbled LV could play that tough, in front of that crowd, and win over a full-strength NY team is proof enough that LV was/is the better team. Plain and simple. I was rooting for NY. That last 8.8 seconds kinda summed it up: NY was just NOT meant to win this one.

I'm a bit sad for Breanna. She's always been a MUCH better player than she's demonstrated in this series. And I'm really glad for Chelsea - damn the injury, she's got the ring.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the end of the day/game, You have to put this loss on Stewart.....3 for 17 in a 1 pt game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: