Board Junkies Forums

2024 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/17/23 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ayoka Lee (pretty much overlooked by everybody) vs Caitlin Clark tonight on FS1

Lee definitely announced her return with 22/12 in the upset.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/17/23 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think people are still questioning Lee's interest in/commitment to playing pro ball

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/17/23 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I think people are still questioning Lee's interest in/commitment to playing pro ball

I am not up on this about her. Why would that be an issue?

Shades

PostPosted: 11/18/23 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ayoka Lee (pretty much overlooked by everybody) vs Caitlin Clark tonight on FS1

Not I ....Thanks Cool

If people on this board don’t overlook her, it’s because I won’t let you overlook her. Thank you. I was talking more specifically about the “professional” outlets that don’t mock her in the first round, or organizations like Wade Trophy that apparently aren’t paying attention to her, even though she’s 6’6 and holds the NCAA single game scoring record.

I’m curious if Lisa Leslie has Lee on her watch list. If not, Leslie needs to be fired. Wink Let’s let Sylvia Fowles be the face of this award.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie

PostPosted: 11/18/23 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m curious if Lisa Leslie has Lee on her watch list. If not, Leslie needs to be fired. Wink Let’s let Sylvia Fowles be the face of this award.

Quoting this because it is rare that we agree, but I like this idea a lot.

(And I think people are overlooking Lee because she was out last year with the injury and there's *always* questions as to how someone will recover after surgery.)

PostPosted: 11/18/23 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Shades wrote:

(And I think people are overlooking Lee because she was out last year with the injury and there's *always* questions as to how someone will recover after surgery.)

She was named on the Lisa Leslie Award Watchlist as well as the Naismith Trophy Watchlist and the John R. Wooden Award Watchlist. Not sure why or who you think is overlooking her, but it's not the committees that are creating the list. Also even is she wasn't on the list Lisa Leslie doesn't make the list, I don't even believe she is on the committee that makes the list so what exactly should she be fired from, the list would be exactly the same no matter whose name is on it.

Also she could have another year of eligibility if she wanted to petition for it, being an injury it would probably granted. Especially if she isn't done her master's program or wants to try for another degree this would be a way to get it started.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/18/23 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also there are only so many major knee surgeries you can have before people start to get real worried about whether you'll be able to move at the level necessary in the pros, and how long you'll last in one piece.

PostPosted: 11/19/23 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Also there are only so many major knee surgeries you can have before people start to get real worried about whether you'll be able to move at the level necessary in the pros, and how long you'll last in one piece.

But Paige Bueckers is the exception?

Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/23 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Shades wrote:

She was named on the Lisa Leslie Award Watchlist as well as the Naismith Trophy Watchlist and the John R. Wooden Award Watchlist.

Are you afraid to quote me or do your rebkell quoting skills fall in line with your debate skillls? I didn’t check the Lisa Leslie list before I posted. That’s why I said I was curious about it. I posted the Wade list above and they overlooked her. That surprised me. I checked the Leslie list yesterday and found out they list 20 nominees, so they’d be especially inept to omit her considering there’s not that many prominent centers.

GEF34 wrote:
Not sure why or who you think is overlooking her, but it's not the committees that are creating the list.

That’s interesting. Who exactly is creating the lists, the fans? I never received ballots, even though I pay attention more with a fraction of the time spent than some of these so-called professional outlets. If you meant the face of the award doesn’t create the list, yeah I think we can give Lily Margaret Wade a pass here.

GEF34 wrote:
Also even is she wasn't on the list Lisa Leslie doesn't make the list, I don't even believe she is on the committee that makes the list so what exactly should she be fired from, the list would be exactly the same no matter whose name is on it.

Did you notice I winked? You might want to look up what winking means on the internet. It means “don’t get so butthurt”. Now you’re probably going to tell me that isn’t really a word. Yeah, Leslie probably doesn’t make the list, but since she’s still alive, don’t you think she’d take 20 minutes or whatever she needs to give a final okay to the list? You’re a Sparks fan, right? So you’d defend Lisa Leslie to the death if you perceive some small slight of her. You have Lisa Leslie on a pedestal, but you don’t think it’s necessary for her to take pride in the list of candidates for an award named for her? Okay, I guess you’re on record as saying Leslie shouldn’t be bothered. But now seeing as they select 20 candidates for their early list of centers, it’s kind of hard for them to screw it up, although I’m sure there’s somebody out there who isn’t happy.

GEF34 wrote:
Also she could have another year of eligibility if she wanted to petition for it, being an injury it would probably granted. Especially if she isn't done her master's program or wants to try for another degree this would be a way to get it started.

Is this the excuse for not mocking her in the first round? That’s not a good excuse because even red shirt juniors are being mocked in the first round. I believe Bueckers has already intimidated that she’s coming back, and she’s getting mocked. If you believe only 5th year players that can’t come back should be mocked in the draft, that’s pretty slim pickings. That’s why you mock everyone possible early on. The best players available seem to be the 4 year seniors. Do you think it’s more likely that Lee returns to KSU than most of the 4 year players? I don’t. There’s nothing to suggest that, unless it’s important enough for you to bring us some real investigative reporting. If Lee has a successful healthy season, she’d be foolish to put off going into the WNBA any longer. It would be kind of a sign that she’s apprehensive about how well she’d do. If she doesn’t believe in a basketball career for herself, why should anybody else believe in her? I’d like pilight to check the WNBA success rate of players who go to school for 6 years. It’s not good. I think it might even be zero. Players who go to school 3 years have a much higher success rate. That’s because they know they’re good enough. As far as finishing up her degree, if that’s the case, she can always finish it up later, like MVP candidate Jackie Young did. Oops, do I need to wink here? And if I did wink, would it matter?

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/19/23 3:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Shades wrote:

She was named on the Lisa Leslie Award Watchlist as well as the Naismith Trophy Watchlist and the John R. Wooden Award Watchlist.

Are you afraid to quote me or do your rebkell quoting skills fall in line with your debate skillls? I didn’t check the Lisa Leslie list before I posted. That’s why I said I was curious about it. I posted the Wade list above and they overlooked her. That surprised me. I checked the Leslie list yesterday and found out they list 20 nominees, so they’d be especially inept to omit her considering there’s not that many prominent centers.

GEF34 wrote:
Not sure why or who you think is overlooking her, but it's not the committees that are creating the list.

That’s interesting. Who exactly is creating the lists, the fans? I never received ballots, even though I pay attention more with a fraction of the time spent than some of these so-called professional outlets. If you meant the face of the award doesn’t create the list, yeah I think we can give Lily Margaret Wade a pass here.

GEF34 wrote:
Also even is she wasn't on the list Lisa Leslie doesn't make the list, I don't even believe she is on the committee that makes the list so what exactly should she be fired from, the list would be exactly the same no matter whose name is on it.

Did you notice I winked? You might want to look up what winking means on the internet. It means “don’t get so butthurt”. Now you’re probably going to tell me that isn’t really a word. Yeah, Leslie probably doesn’t make the list, but since she’s still alive, don’t you think she’d take 20 minutes or whatever she needs to give a final okay to the list? You’re a Sparks fan, right? So you’d defend Lisa Leslie to the death if you perceive some small slight of her. You have Lisa Leslie on a pedestal, but you don’t think it’s necessary for her to take pride in the list of candidates for an award named for her? Okay, I guess you’re on record as saying Leslie shouldn’t be bothered. But now seeing as they select 20 candidates for their early list of centers, it’s kind of hard for them to screw it up, although I’m sure there’s somebody out there who isn’t happy.

GEF34 wrote:

Is this the excuse for not mocking her in the first round? That’s not a good excuse because even red shirt juniors are being mocked in the first round. I believe Bueckers has already intimidated that she’s coming back, and she’s getting mocked. If you believe only 5th year players that can’t come back should be mocked in the draft, that’s pretty slim pickings. That’s why you mock everyone possible early on. The best players available seem to be the 4 year seniors. Do you think it’s more likely that Lee returns to KSU than most of the 4 year players? I don’t. There’s nothing to suggest that, unless it’s important enough for you to bring us some real investigative reporting. If Lee has a successful healthy season, she’d be foolish to put off going into the WNBA any longer. It would be kind of a sign that she’s apprehensive about how well she’d do. If she doesn’t believe in a basketball career for herself, why should anybody else believe in her? I’d like pilight to check the WNBA success rate of players who go to school for 6 years. It’s not good. I think it might even be zero. Players who go to school 3 years have a much higher success rate. That’s because they know they’re good enough. As far as finishing up her degree, if that’s the case, she can always finish it up later, like MVP candidate Jackie Young did. Oops, do I need to wink here? And if I did wink, would it matter?

Seeing as your message is part of what I quoted, would it have been better to quote you separately than quote Queenie separately. Doesn't seem necessary since she agreed with you and your message is literally a part of her post, I will remember for next time you want to be quote separately even though you are already included.

As far as everything else you said, Lisa Leslie isn't my favorite player, I don't care what you think of her, but sure take her name off the award, no matter whose name is on it they aren't going to have a say, so put Sylvia Fowles name and you can call her out next year then people are left off.

And as for the last part, it has already been speculate she may not be interested in playing pro basketball, so I was adding to the conversation, sorry if you think everyone must want to play pro basketball and that is everyone's main goal. She is already working on her master's degree, I don't know how long she has left for her degree, but she has already talked in multiple articles about what her plans are after she is finishing playing basketball, being that she is already thinking about what she wants to do, it's reasonable to conclude she doesn't see herself playing basketball after college or for many years after college. Of course that can all change, maybe she gets drafted fines she loves it and goes on to a long career, but reading her quotes it doesn't sound like playing in the WNBA is something she is working towards like she is with her post basketball goal of being a sports psychologist.

And actually you or any person can vote if you really wanted to, all you need to do it go to the website and you can vote for each position award.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/19/23 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Cameron Brink might be the best pro-prospect outside of Clark right now. Her 29 point performance today was impressive, as are her 72 straight free throws made.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/19/23 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
I think Cameron Brink might be the best pro-prospect outside of Clark right now. Her 29 point performance today was impressive, as are her 72 straight free throws made.

BBC

PostPosted: 11/20/23 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

BBC

It's really BBCC though.

PostPosted: 11/21/23 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

BBC

It's really BBCC though.

So who is the fourth person? Brink. Bueckers. Clark.

PostPosted: 11/21/23 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cardoso?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/21/23 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
cardoso?

Possibly, yes. But the above three ladies that I have mentioned have been solid lottery candidates for years. The above three ladies mentioned would make this a grade A draft year. [/list]

PostPosted: 11/22/23 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just wondering how Angel's draft stock is doing? She was already well out of the lottery and now losing game 1, getting benched then not playing two games. Is she simply the next talented head case whose locker room antics will deep six her basketball career?

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 11/22/23 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the W started, being the best player on a national championship team has all but guaranteed a long and successful pro career. I doubt Reese will be the exception. The bottom end of that list is who? Stephanie White?

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/22/23 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Since the W started, being the best player on a national championship team has all but guaranteed a long and successful pro career. I doubt Reese will be the exception. The bottom end of that list is who? Stephanie White?

What's the WNBA record for players who won the NC, FF MVP, then got benched the next season?

~rAf
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/22/23 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Kalani Brown. Danielle Adams. Judgement's still out on Haley Jones.

PostPosted: 11/22/23 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
cardoso?

R. Jackson could play her way into the lottery.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/22/23 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
cardoso?

R. Jackson could play her way into the lottery.

Cardoso is who I meant, despite the lack of buzz compared to the other 3 Bird & Taurasi agreed she'd have the best career; and I can't say I strongly disagree.

But I mean that top 5...wow.

PostPosted: 11/25/23 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA draft lottery: Four players who could top 2024 draft board

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/25/23 7:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA draft lottery: Four players who could top 2024 draft board

K.C. is a better lottery prospect than Edwards right now.

PostPosted: 11/25/23 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: