73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/24/21 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
And sure enough, Cambage only played 21:31, finishing with 10 pts on a perfect 3-3 FG, 7 reb, and 4 blk. More notably, she led the team in +/- with a +13. (Meanwhile, A’ja Wilson was a -19; Chelsea Gray was -20.) Granted, she was in foul trouble in the first half – but then again, if she were in better shape, would she have picked up those fouls? 🤔 They probably could’ve used her an extra few minutes in this 7-point loss. And now they’re 2-2 rather than 3-1 or even 4-0.

And in terms of those believing she’s in “the best shape” she’s ever looked, she averaged 25 MPG for Vegas in 2019, and 29 MPG for Dallas in 2018. After this game, she’s at about 21 MPG thus far in this early season. We’ll see how (or if) that progresses.

Body wise she looks to be in the best shape that she has ever been. But dont come at her over her weight. Curt Miller called her 300 pounds against a ref in this game and Cambage is one pissed of woman on instagram about it. Get your facts straight Miller its 235 and dont be disrespectful Surprised Laughing

Cambage has no foundation to complain about someone calling her overweight. She got into a verbal altercation with several Sky players a few years ago when she said something negative about Dolson's weight.

I see your point but i think players trashtalking each other on the court is different then a coach/man though. Miller does a lot of talking at those sidelines. That is all i am saying

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/24/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
And sure enough, Cambage only played 21:31, finishing with 10 pts on a perfect 3-3 FG, 7 reb, and 4 blk. More notably, she led the team in +/- with a +13. (Meanwhile, A’ja Wilson was a -19; Chelsea Gray was -20.) Granted, she was in foul trouble in the first half – but then again, if she were in better shape, would she have picked up those fouls? 🤔 They probably could’ve used her an extra few minutes in this 7-point loss. And now they’re 2-2 rather than 3-1 or even 4-0.

And in terms of those believing she’s in “the best shape” she’s ever looked, she averaged 25 MPG for Vegas in 2019, and 29 MPG for Dallas in 2018. After this game, she’s at about 21 MPG thus far in this early season. We’ll see how (or if) that progresses.

Body wise she looks to be in the best shape that she has ever been. But dont come at her over her weight. Curt Miller called her 300 pounds against a ref in this game and Cambage is one pissed of woman on instagram about it. Get your facts straight Miller its 235 and dont be disrespectful Surprised Laughing

Cambage has no foundation to complain about someone calling her overweight. She got into a verbal altercation with several Sky players a few years ago when she said something negative about Dolson's weight.

I see your point but i think players trashtalking each other on the court is different then a coach/man though. Miller does a lot of talking at those sidelines. That is all i am saying

I agree

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/24/21 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Either nobody talks about each other's weight or it's fair game. My two cents.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/24/21 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fwiw, Miller issued an apology for his comments against Cambage.

Quote:
“I made an inappropriate and offensive comment in reference to Liz Cambage's height and weight. I regret what I said in the heat of the moment and want to sincerely apologize to Liz and the entire Aces organization. I understand the gravity of my words and have learned from this.”

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/24/21 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Link to Cambage's video statement, for anyone interested:

https://twitter.com/WNBALead/status/1396671594324533248

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 05/24/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oof. Nobody comes out of that looking good IMO. I get what both Miller and Cambage were trying to say but take issue with the delivery in both cases.

As far as the game, I tuned in on a whim and ended up watching the whole game. It was a fun battle. Nice to see Jonquel Jones back and balling out.

I dig the blue CON rebel jerseys, especially once I looked them up and learned the story behind the design.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/24/21 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller doing is should be of no surprise. He’s the same dude that said something to KCK when she was checking in when she was in Minnesota and Reeve lost her shit on him and got a technical for it.

Same Curt, different day

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller fined $10k and suspended a game by the WNBA.

https://www.wnba.com/news/connecticuts-curt-miller-suspended-and-fined/

He's out for their game at Seattle tomorrow.

Last edited by RI_Sun_Fan on 05/24/21 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm...and what will Cambage's punishment be for bringing race into the equation?
pilight

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

He's out for the game at Seattle tomorrow.

That seems excessive

Most people hate poetry
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

That seems excessive

An NBA coach would certainly never face this kind of punishment for the same comment.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

That seems excessive

An NBA coach would certainly never face this kind of punishment for the same comment.

No, not even if the player went full drama queen like Cambage

Most people hate poetry
Mixolydian

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That seems excessive

Agreed. I thought his apology was a proportional response, especially considering we'll never hear one for the problematic things Cambage said in her video.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:
RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

That seems excessive

Yeah, if Scott Brooks said to a ref in the current Wizards-Sixers series about Joel Embiid "come on, he's 400 pounds!" everyone would just take it for the obvious exaggeration it was and ignore it. This, to me, is mostly Cambage being a drama queen and winning. But I fully admit that I'm not her biggest fan anyway, so am generally not inclined to support her side in a debate.

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/24/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Hmmmm...and what will Cambage's punishment be for bringing race into the equation?

dafuq?

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 05/24/21 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally the comments from the Suns coach were minor - basketball as a sport is a physical one where size, weight, and height are primary factors in how effective players can be at their positions. To say, "come one, she weighs 300 lbs!" to me is no different than saying "come on, she is 10 feet tall!" - it is used to more throw shade at the player targeted than to earn any due consideration from the officials in a game. I mean, that's what basketball is - you don't like it, then you go get a 10 ft. tall, 300 lb player for your OWN damned team.....

But Cambage's choice to bring race into her comments in a disparaging way, where the situation hasn't been described by ANYONE - not even Cambage herself - as being racially impacted - is one of those "two wrongs doesn't make a right" where the 2nd wrong was worse IMO than the first. Cambage actually made herself out to be racist with her comments.

If such a statement was made by an NBA player, he'd be punished by the league in some way. Cambage should be punished as well: defend yourself, clap back, sure. But don't bring shame on the WNBA in such fashion. Miller didn't really do that, but Cambage did with her response......

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/24/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Personally the comments from the Suns coach were minor - basketball as a sport is a physical one where size, weight, and height are primary factors in how effective players can be at their positions. To say, "come one, she weighs 300 lbs!" to me is no different than saying "come on, she is 10 feet tall!" - it is used to more throw shade at the player targeted than to earn any due consideration from the officials in a game. I mean, that's what basketball is - you don't like it, then you go get a 10 ft. tall, 300 lb player for your OWN damned team.....

But Cambage's choice to bring race into her comments in a disparaging way, where the situation hasn't been described by ANYONE - not even Cambage herself - as being racially impacted - is one of those "two wrongs doesn't make a right" where the 2nd wrong was worse IMO than the first. Cambage actually made herself out to be racist with her comments.

If such a statement was made by an NBA player, he'd be punished by the league in some way. Cambage should be punished as well: defend yourself, clap back, sure. But don't bring shame on the WNBA in such fashion. Miller didn't really do that, but Cambage did with her response......

Counterpoint: personally, the comments from Curt Miller are worse, because he's the one in a position of authority, not her. I draw a very clear distinction between players (labor) trash-talking each other, or even "punching up" to bash coaches (management), and coaches "punching down" to bash players, whether in the heat of the game, or not. I don't know what a player would have to do to get me to side with management, but basically calling a coach a "white boy" ain't it.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 05/24/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage should be suspended with her trashy comments.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/24/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The next game between these two teams should be very interesting. The Sun players might trash talk Liz about her weight the entire game.

PostPosted: 05/24/21 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The next game between these two teams should be very interesting. The Sun players might trash talk Liz about her weight the entire game.

The thought of Bonner trash talking about weight is too funny

Most people hate poetry
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Over here, I guarantee you the Connecticut fans would have a song about her being 300 pounds. Or something less polite.

PostPosted: 05/24/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Over here, I guarantee you the Connecticut fans would have a song about her being 300 pounds. Or something less polite.

That'll show her.

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 05/24/21 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Agree with both of you. It was extremely inappropriate by Miller. I also understand why Liz brought up race on her IG with the history of society's obsession with black women's bodies.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/24/21 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't wait until June first.😎

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: