50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Everything Charles is putting up comes up short. Driving me nuts.

Welcome to The Tina Charles Experience.

true. that weird overhead shot sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

Her little hook shot has been fine. It's the fadeaways off her back leg that are barely reaching the front of the rim.

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So we call for a Peddy foul and then call off the dogs offensively? Losing by 10 and for what?

This was one of the most irritating final two minutes of a game in a while lol.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that was .... expected

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

In our defense, Charles/Turner (leaning towards Charles) and Peddy are supposed to be bench players as well as Kia Nurse.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Unless someone knows something concrete, I’m not going to assume that Skylar and Diana loathe each other. To me it seems like Skylar has struggled to get a rhythm and maybe just needed to turn it off for a few days. It would be stupid to trade her for anything less than a guaranteed top 4 pick or an all WNBA level player.

And, calm the F down. I understand a player being intense, but when she's struggling she doesn't even want to dap up her teammates.
She got her technical foul the other day after calling the ref a "b*tch" to his face. R-E-L-A-X and BREATHE.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Preggo my ego listed as questionable (Non Covid - Related )

If this was Dallas everyone would be on board backing Preggo like a victim LOL instead since she's on PHX its DT who's the victim. Make it make sense pleaseeeeeeee

https://twitter.com/darcangel21/status/1527374744051298328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1527374744051298328%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=

Let it go. Your hate boner for Diggins is exhausting.

I rather enjoy it. I’d like to hear more 09. Diggins is my least favorite player in the league. Get paid your full salary while not playing during your pregnancy, which was not part of the CBA, and then demand out the following year acting like you were mistreated. Shady ASS ish going on there.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/19/22 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Hard to 'like' Mabrey, but she is a really good player, and fun to watch.

Ahhh Myrtle, usually your views are spot on. But this one, not so much. Mabrey is the one that feeds the fans in Dallas when the rest of the team is making us want to NyQuil ourselves. We need that big of fire to carry on.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/20/22 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mercury threads are missing someone. Where is this person?🤔

PostPosted: 05/20/22 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eZ3OO4bPULg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZaUfON9aNlQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 05/20/22 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3nPS6OW7aOo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/20/22 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Best road team out there Exclamation

PostPosted: 05/20/22 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Hot take Alert: the aforementioned missing person may not actually be a Mercury fan. If you're a player-only fan, and then that player's not playing, what are you watching for?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/20/22 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arike scored 37 points.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/20/22 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was a very winnable game for the Mercury. Gotta get more production from Turner/Sophie

Turner is avg 3.8 pts in 32.3 mpg

In the last 2 games, Sophie has scored a total of 2 pts.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/20/22 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
This was a very winnable game for the Mercury. Gotta get more production from Turner/Sophie

Lol Phoenix has the "worst bench" because of situations it could not control. Peddy, Charles, Nurse and Cunningham in theory would have been a great bench had everything went to plan. In terms of shots, how is Sophie supposed to get shots when her teammates are not getting her the ball when she is open? Since everyone that can play has been back, I have seen multiple instances this season where she literally would be waving her arms around jumping and her point guard would pass it to someone else who then would force up a bad contested jumper. Simply put, she absolutely is doing her job by getting open, she just is not getting the ball. Some of it is on coaching. Why are Tina and Diamond not getting to the rim and shooting a million jumpshots instead of the people that you pay to shoot?

How will Shey get to build on her performance when Diana insists on throwing up 3s even when she is off? Like Diana, Tina and Diamond both insist on taking it themselves a lot, even other posters mentioned it in this very thread. Still, some is on coaching and the plays you draw up. It even goes deeper than this particular game. The last Vegas game, how is Gustafson supposed to build on her performance when she gets pulled even after knocking down two threes in a row? That is on coaching.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/20/22 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Hot take Alert: the aforementioned missing person may not actually be a Mercury fan. If you're a player-only fan, and then that player's not playing, what are you watching for?

Good point!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/20/22 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Lol Phoenix has the "worst bench" because of situations it could not control. Peddy, Charles, Nurse and Cunningham in theory would have been a great bench had everything went to plan. In terms of shots, how is Sophie supposed to get shots when her teammates are not getting her the ball when she is open? Since everyone that can play has been back, I have seen multiple instances this season where she literally would be waving her arms around jumping and her point guard would pass it to someone else who then would force up a bad contested jumper. Simply put, she absolutely is doing her job by getting open, she just is not getting the ball. Some of it is on coaching. Why are Tina and Diamond not getting to the rim and shooting a million jumpshots instead of the people that you pay to shoot?

How will Shey get to build on her performance when Diana insists on throwing up 3s even when she is off? Like Diana, Tina and Diamond both insist on taking it themselves a lot, even other posters mentioned it in this very thread. Still, some is on coaching and the plays you draw up. It even goes deeper than this particular game. The last Vegas game, how is Gustafson supposed to build on her performance when she gets pulled even after knocking down two threes in a row? That is on coaching.

Co-sign to all of the above. Nygaard appears to be way in over her head and it’s not just because she’s new. I think Becky or T Wright would do a better job managing this team. You need a firm hand to corral this roster!

zune69

PostPosted: 05/20/22 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why are you so defensive?...and why are you attacking DT/Diamond/Tina so much?...... You are overly protective of Sophie for some reason...DT/Diamond had very good games and yet you are attacking them.....Pathetic

Diamond steps up when one of the team's best players goes down and you choose to downplay her performance.

And again, no matter what the circumstances are. Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/20/22 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crazy....No Griner, No Nurse....DD/Turner arrived after the season started, so no training camp...and people want to fire the HC after only 5 games

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/20/22 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why are you so defensive?...and why are you attacking DT/Diamond/Tina so much?...... You are overly protective of Sophie for some reason...DT/Diamond had very good games and yet you are attacking them.....Pathetic

Diamond steps up when one of the team's best players goes down and you choose to downplay her performance.

And again, no matter what the circumstances are. Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

If confronting another one of your baseless assertions with facts and context is being "defensive" and "over-protective" then I will just be that. One could argue you are extremely arrogant and condescending when sharing opinions because you hardly provide context or facts to support them. Diana, Tina, and Diamond call their own numbers a lot. If you watched the game you could have seen this for yourself. They can have great games and still do so at the expense of shots for others, especially when the shot selection is not quite there and they are going against multiple defenders or forcing up well contested shots instead of passing it out for a better shot. Very Happy I love both Diana and Tina, but I am not going to lie to myself by saying their shot selection is not questionable sometimes. Laughing

You are not going to freely attack players by saying they are the worst bench group in the league when it's clear you are not bringing facts or context to the table. Vegas' bench does not even play, so how are you branding something as the "worst" when you have not even seen what their bench can do? Several benches around the league provide inconsistent scoring and others feature players that hardly play. It is totally fine to share an opinion, but provide something to support it. Something you never seem to do, which is why I suppose you are sure to provide a condescending comment or two.

Like I asked before, do you actually watch Mercury games or do you just go by the box scores? Genuinely curious. Anybody with eyeballs could see the context I provided is pretty accurate, which is why another poster co-signed and others before observed themselves during the game, except for you that is. I wonder why? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 05/20/22 12:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/20/22 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Crazy....No Griner, No Nurse....DD/Turner arrived after the season started, so no training camp...and people want to fire the HC after only 5 games

It’s not the team record, it’s how they “look” on the court and apparently also on the sidelines. The team looks unorganized and unmotivated. AFAIAC I’m not sure she can right this ship.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/20/22 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
zune69 wrote:

It’s not the team record, it’s how they “look” on the court and apparently also on the sidelines. The team looks unorganized and unmotivated. AFAIAC I’m not sure she can right this ship.

Agreed. From what I have seen, it does not look like they are actually running plays. A lot of times I catch myself going, "what are we running?''. Sure a lack of playing together plays a part, but we should still see more organization at the very least when it comes to what is coming from the coach.

When I look over at Becky in Vegas, sure those players have been playing together. However, she just appears to be very strict with what she wants and the offense she has implemented looks great. A completely different style and she is making it work at least early on. Even Wright in Atlanta has them looking relatively more organized in the sense of you can see what they are trying to do. Those players are pretty new when it comes to playing with one another as well.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/20/22 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's true that Phoenix has a lot of me-first stuff happening. Maybe it's because they're just not yet comfortable with new teammates/new organization...and maybe it's because they are simply me-first type players. Whether or not Nygaard (or anyone for that matter) can bring it together remains to be seen. They have too many really good players to be looking this bad. They need to do some kind of team chemistry building exercises.

As far as weakest bench, I think currently Vegas wins that title.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/20/22 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diana, Tina, and Diamond were the three best players for the Mercury, and they should take the most shots.

That being said, I agree that our bench shouldn’t have been bad. A bench of Tina/Turner, Shey, Nurse, and Cunningham is not bad at all. It’s just circumstances have led to a lot of those players starting.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: