RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaEd

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
This has been one of the messiest seasons I can ever remember.

I’m here for A L L of it Laughing

What's messier right now for ATL: This Carter situation or the low post situation?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If Atlanta winds up needing to trade Carter, what could they possibly get for her? She’s a point guard in height without the consistent inclination. Who’s going to want to risk upending their team for that? Especially when most teams have fairly stable guard situations. From a talent standpoint she’d help CT, but they’re a slow-paced defense-oriented top-4 team.

I’m not seeing a fit anywhere.

You don't find many guards who walk into the WNBA and average 17ppg on 47%/38% while largely creating those shots themselves. At 21 years of age. There'd be a huge amount of interest from a variety of teams if it wasn't for the baggage.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Would ya look at this ...sounds too familiar and believable & This tweet is from Chennedy Carters brother... but still just a rumor i guess https://twitter.com/Khristina2334/status/1412455063520481280?s=20

It's to easy to blame someone with a bad wrap , but not the All star on the team . I have 2nd thoughts now

The part about calling her agent goes with her supposed refusal to return to the game. I was under the impression that was the reason for her suspension, not the altercation itself, but who knows.

Courtney's tweet in response: "It’s deleted bc it’s CAP. That never happened." I'm assuming she meant CRAP.
vhttps://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams

Courtney meant exactly what she wrote. Cap is slang. She's saying that the tweet was deleted because it's a lie.

Yess come thru Urban Dictionary Lol i definitely understood her Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/06/21 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

I stated before the season this team would be a #realityshow and they have not let us down LOL . When we saw a team put together of Carter, Williams , Hayes , Sims ...what else would you expect ?

PostPosted: 07/06/21 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

What's messier right now for ATL: This Carter situation or the low post situation?

Boffum Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/06/21 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If Atlanta winds up needing to trade Carter, what could they possibly get for her? She’s a point guard in height without the consistent inclination. Who’s going to want to risk upending their team for that? Especially when most teams have fairly stable guard situations. From a talent standpoint she’d help CT, but they’re a slow-paced defense-oriented top-4 team.

I’m not seeing a fit anywhere.

You don't find many guards who walk into the WNBA and average 17ppg on 47%/38% while largely creating those shots themselves. At 21 years of age. There'd be a huge amount of interest from a variety of teams if it wasn't for the baggage.

Sure hasn't held All 18 back from resigning with multiple teams and she attempted murderrrrr Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/06/21 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Boffum Laughing Laughing

I'm a big Dream fan, but I gotta say, sadly, you ain't wrong, NO CAP!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/06/21 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Boffum Laughing Laughing

I'm a big Dream fan, but I gotta say, sadly, you ain't wrong, NO CAP!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/06/21 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
How about Hayes for Achonwa

Improves Atl's post a little bit, Hayes is a nice balance for K. Mitchell as a larger defensive guard

Does it, though? Razz I've never really liked Achonwa's game; she doesn't do anything particularly good or bad, just sorta meh. Most importantly, I don't think she'd add much to the Dream roster. They're better off making sure Kalani Brown gets back into shape, as she at least can be good offensively. Too, Zahui B. might be a fit here...

Kalani has been on IG today showing that she’s been getting in shape.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/06/21 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some might argue that there's empirical evidence that being out of shape doesn't prevent someone from being on the Dream roster.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter is 23, 24 in November. She's still young, and it's possible she can reverse a lifetime reputation as being hard to get along with and a problem on any roster.

She is extremely talented, but she is better as a two guard, because of her turnovers. And point guards are supposed to be leaders, and clearly that's not Carter's strength. Two guards are easier to find.

The defensive metrics, for whatever they're worth, do not treat her kindly, and she is a good shooter, not a great one (31.7% from three for her career). She is average at drawing fouls.

Again, tons of talent, but not so elite that coaches and players will just close their eyes and deal with her.

Clearly, she's at a crossroads, and definitely, someone will roll the dice, if not this season, then next. If she cleans up her act, whoever has her at that moment will benefit enormously; if she doesn't -- and there have been those who could never break out of their self-destructive patterns -- then the time between signing and releasing will get shorter and shorter, until there are no more signings at all.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does this mean Aari MacDonald will finally get some minutes?

animals31089

PostPosted: 07/06/21 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting to see what they do with 9 people

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/06/21 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds to me that she needs to play on a team with multiple vet players or already an established franchise player that can keep her in check and a solid coach who can handle her. Reeve or Mike T for example

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 07/06/21 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hard to see a contending team want to screw things up by trading for her right now. Also there is the fact that so many teams are capped out and Dream can't take on enough salary to pick up a salary dump (if the even wanted to). In a case like this - it's not a good time for a trade. I think this all blows over after she misses a few games. Might take until the Olympic break is over. A long time for hot heads to cool off.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/06/21 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
So will CC remain with the team or will she be traded before the trade deadline?

I think they're trying to move her the question is where ?

Indiana has a nice extra first-rounder I am sure they would be willing to part with ...

I agree this is the trade

Indy is desperate for talent and offense it is worth the risk even if Carter and K. Mitchell aren't the best match

Carter for Indy's first round pick from Minnesota (I don't think Atl has enough cap room for a big contract in return but Indy could throw in L. Allen, Wilson or maybe Vivians if there is some sort of low key bidding war or if Atl just holds out for more) Carter for the pick straight up might be enough Minny's pick probably lands in the 6-9 range by the time the season ends.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a better idea. Just let her sit at home and wish for a paycheck. When she tired of that she can come back. If they go some stupid deal like Banham for Carter the WNBA should revoke their franchise and disperse the players.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minny doesn't strike me as the right landing spot for Carter

If Minny was interested I would think Minny's 1st round pick from PX or Dangerfield would be the foundation of the offer. (Maybe both together if there was a bidding war don't know if there will be).

LA is the other team I could see with big interest in Carter but they don't have their first round pick next season (Dallas has it) and if they can't afford a bigger contract in return we're be looking at something like Cooper and a 2nd round pick fro Carter.

Dallas has the pieces (they have two first round picks next year and could throw in Harris, a first round pick and Harris would be a decent fit in Atl, they could also throw in Dungee or Alarie with a pick, hell if Atl wanted Collier that doesn't seem out of the question) but I don't see Dallas bringing in Carter when they already have Ogunbowale unlike Indy Dallas isn't as desperate and Arike brings more to the table than Kelsey (in terms od who's toes might get stepped on by bringing in Carter).

TigerVol

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I have a better idea. Just let her sit at home and wish for a paycheck. When she tired of that she can come back. If they go some stupid deal like Banham for Carter the WNBA should revoke their franchise and disperse the players.

Our deal making history should tell you what to expect.

Most are so bad they make it hard to remember the ones that have worked out well.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
So will CC remain with the team or will she be traded before the trade deadline?

Indiana has a nice extra first-rounder I am sure they would be willing to part with ...

Indy is desperate for talent and offense it is worth the risk even if Carter and K. Mitchell aren't the best match

Carter for Indy's first round pick from Minnesota (I don't think Atl has enough cap room for a big contract in return but Indy could throw in L. Allen, Wilson or maybe Vivians if there is some sort of low key bidding war or if Atl just holds out for more) Carter for the pick straight up might be enough Minny's pick probably lands in the 6-9 range by the time the season ends.

This is why I don't think it's that easy to make a deal with Indiana. If I'm Atlanta, Minnesota's pick isn't enough for me. And unless KMitchell or at least McCowan was on the table, there's basically nothing else on the roster I'd want. But if I'm Indiana, considering the baggage, giving either of them up would probably be too much (unless you're internally quietly giving up on McCowan), and I'm sure as hell not giving up my own 2022 first.

I'd rather leave her sat at home and wait for people to forget some of the drama than take the 9th-ish pick for a very good 22-year-old scoring guard.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
Randy wrote:

Our deal making history should tell you what to expect.

Most are so bad they make it hard to remember the ones that have worked out well.

That's why it is better to sit and wait.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/06/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

This is why I don't think it's that easy to make a deal with Indiana. If I'm Atlanta, Minnesota's pick isn't enough for me. And unless KMitchell or at least McCowan was on the table, there's basically nothing else on the roster I'd want. But if I'm Indiana, considering the baggage, giving either of them up would probably be too much (unless you're internally quietly giving up on McCowan), and I'm sure as hell not giving up my own 2022 first.

I'd rather leave her sat at home and wait for people to forget some of the drama than take the 9th-ish pick for a very good 22-year-old scoring guard.

I would try to do Minny's pick (and hope Chicago and maybe PX or Washington or possibly NY with a healthy Howard or a late surging Dallas could knock them down a little, combine that with a mini tanking of their own pick and maybe Atl ends up with pick 2/3 and 7/8 next year) and move the needle slightly by adding Vivians who is tiny improvement on Atl's SF depth.

pick 2/3 N. Smith, S. Austin, Hillmon
pick 7/8 E. Cunane, A. Joens, Carter, Sabally, Burrell
not too bad in 22

Am I correct that Atl can not take back any larger contracts in return?

I was also trying to think of what Atl could add to Carter to get a bigger return.

I really like Carter's game and would be interested to see if Atl thinks it is worth to keep her and try and resolve the issues, but even without the issues Atl is unbalanced with its four smallish ball dominant guards this could be an opportunity though a very risky one to create more balance.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/06/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy's cap sheet shows they have 57k of cap space, Carter is about 70 so they could add a 120-130k conract (assuming I under how all this works, which is not at all certain.) Perhaps he will chime in.

https://herhoopstats.com/salary-cap-sheet/wnba/team/atlanta-dream-11eaecc7-356c-1364-b611-2362f5011b0b/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/06/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy's cap sheet shows they have 57k of cap space, Carter is about 70 so they could add a 120-130k conract (assuming I under how all this works, which is not at all certain.) Perhaps he will chime in.

https://herhoopstats.com/salary-cap-sheet/wnba/team/atlanta-dream-11eaecc7-356c-1364-b611-2362f5011b0b/

Yep, spot on. They've also got an extra roster spot, so something like Vivians and McCowan would still fit.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter's not going anywhere. They'll have a players only meeting during the break and sort everything out.

Most people hate poetry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 18 of 23

Jump to: