RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 02/04/22 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edit: Had to delete the Vince Carter gif...... there are too many talented teams in the league to say "It's Over"

Phoenix, Seattle, Washington, Vegas, Chicago, and Connecticut all have a legit shot at winning the championship.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/04/22 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/04/22 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG - Preggo My Ego / Peddy
SG - DT / Nurse
SF - Diamond Deshields/ Sophie
PF - Tina Charles / Turner / Smith ?
C- BG / Draft Pick ? Wait do they have one ?

I think they will struggle out the gates but this a team no one will want to see come playoff time. Defense will be this squad's biggest hurdle.

PostPosted: 02/04/22 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
G-SDS
G-Taurasi
C-Griner
F-Charles
F-DeShields
6-Turner
7-Sophie
8-Peddy
9-Nurse (If she comes back at the end of the season)

What I like about this lineup is the Merc have actually put themselves in a good situation for when DT and Tina retire. SDS and BG get to lead and you have some very good young options. Unfortunately l, they're never drafting again for years LOL.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/22 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In most leagues if the defending scoring champ signed for half of their market value, the union would scream bloody murder. I wonder if the WNBPA will make noise about Tina Charles.

Most people hate poetry
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/04/22 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
In most leagues if the defending scoring champ signed for half of their market value, the union would scream bloody murder. I wonder if the WNBPA will make noise about Tina Charles.

I doubt it , not like their complaining about Millions. Yes its super teaming but im still not sold they will get the job done. Their best defender is nurse who's still hurt and then its Diamond who plays hard 50% of the season . They will put points on the board but they wont stop anyone with Turner on the bench in favor of Charles imo .

PostPosted: 02/04/22 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well clearly, as proven by the players themselves, the max salary is too high. Razz

PostPosted: 02/04/22 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
What a bargain. 1 year contract 108.000

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now lets see if people rag on Tina for this ridiculous contract like they did Arike's ? *Cough Cough*

Why should they? Charles is at the point of her career where she's not playing for money, she's playing for her legacy. And she can't buy that with another hundred stacks... With all due respect to my favorite active player (still McCoughtry, just in case my contributions to the last few pages caused anyone to forget), Tina Charles is the best active player without a WNBA championship. I imagine that that motivates her way more than whether or not she's getting all the money that she can demand.

Ogunbowale is at least a decade away from being in the same boat. She should be trying to get every dollar that's on the table. That being said, @pilight has a point: Charles is a former league MVP, who is still playing at an MVP-candidate level... Her agreeing to sign for that much below her market value should have had the union out here, like, "The fuck you not!"

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/04/22 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I doubt it , not like their complaining about Millions. Yes its super teaming but im still not sold they will get the job done.

... It's not about "super teaming." The best players in the league willingly signing for way below their market value impacts the ability of the role players to negotiate contracts, and their leverage. The union should absolutely speak out against that.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/04/22 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

What I like about this lineup is the Merc have actually put themselves in a good situation for when DT and Tina retire. SDS and BG get to lead and you have some very good young options. Unfortunately l, they're never drafting again for years LOL.

Yep...and when DT retires that's going to open up a lot of cap space (Sign top tier FA)

WNBA 09 wrote:

I doubt it , not like their complaining about Millions. Yes its super teaming but im still not sold they will get the job done. Their best defender is nurse who's still hurt and then its Diamond who plays hard 50% of the season . They will put points on the board but they wont stop anyone with Turner on the bench in favor of Charles imo .

Diamond needs to make the most of this opportunity or she will be out of the league after her contract is up.

shontay33

PostPosted: 02/04/22 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I doubt it , not like their complaining about Millions. Yes its super teaming but im still not sold they will get the job done.

... It's not about "super teaming." The best players in the league willingly signing for way below their market value impacts the ability of the role players to negotiate contracts, and their leverage. The union should absolutely speak out against that.

How so? So you punish someone who at the end of their career decides to take less to win more? Since they are taking less, then that means that there is more money for that role player and more leverage especially if we are talking a veteran player.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/22 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

How so? So you punish someone who at the end of their career decides to take less to win more? Since they are taking less, then that means that there is more money for that role player and more leverage especially if we are talking a veteran player.

It's hard to argue that some 11.3 ppg part time starter deserves $150k when an All WNBA scoring champ is only making $108k.

Most people hate poetry
SCook

PostPosted: 02/04/22 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

It's hard to argue that some 11.3 ppg part time starter deserves $150k when an All WNBA scoring champ is only making $108k.

Well that 11.3ppg part time starter has a championship. The All WNBA scoring champ does not and is chasing one. Also, the 11.3ppg part time starter was a needed spot to fill with Nurse's injury. The All WNBA scoring champ wasn't because the 2 time all defensive starter is still on the roster.

PostPosted: 02/04/22 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Edit: Had to delete the Vince Carter gif...... there are too many talented teams in the league to say "It's Over"

Phoenix, Seattle, Washington, Vegas, Chicago, and Connecticut all have a legit shot at winning the championship.

Basically all the same teams we all expect to see do something meaningful every year while the rest of the other teams simply exist!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/04/22 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:

Well that 11.3ppg part time starter has a championship. The All WNBA scoring champ does not and is chasing one. Also, the 11.3ppg part time starter was a needed spot to fill with Nurse's injury. The All WNBA scoring champ wasn't because the 2 time all defensive starter is still on the roster.

I... don't think that's how contract negotiations work? Generally speaking, in professional sports, the salaries of the elite players set the market/standard for how much everybody else gets paid.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/04/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago must have offered Sloot $107,000 for her to feel that she was disrespected.

PostPosted: 02/04/22 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm resign Stephanie Talbot.

https://storm.wnba.com/news/storm-re-signs-forward-stephanie-talbot/

PostPosted: 02/04/22 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Chicago must have offered Sloot $107,000 for her to feel that she was disrespected.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/04/22 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I mean clearly not really, since Diamond signed for 150k..

PostPosted: 02/04/22 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SG - DT / Nurse

I think they will struggle out the gates but this a team no one will want to see come playoff time. Defense will be this squad's biggest hurdle.

dang, Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/04/22 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please, Connecticut, I am begging you: bring Jazmine Jones into training camp. I don't care if she fits your schemes or not. I just want sheer chaos and confusion with 4 different Joneses and 2 players nicknamed Jaz.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Please, Connecticut, I am begging you: bring Jazmine Jones into training camp. I don't care if she fits your schemes or not. I just want sheer chaos and confusion with 4 different Joneses and 2 players nicknamed Jaz.

😁😁😂

PostPosted: 02/05/22 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a second Jasmine Thomas playing at quite a high level in Europe at the moment as well. If Curt Miller really wanted to entertain us all he'd at least give her a camp invite. Ooh, or sign both the Danielle McCrays currently playing in AU.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all just need to stop! Laughing

But I, too, would like to hear/see that Connecticut chaos just for sh*ts and giggles... Cool

PostPosted: 02/05/22 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SG - DT / Nurse

dang, Laughing

I will always have a inspired hatred for that lady I can’t help it Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/22 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Basically all the same teams we all expect to see do something meaningful every year while the rest of the other teams simply exist!

Unfortunately, Dallas squandered their opportunity.....At one point (2018)..they had the building blocks that could've led to them being a very good team for many years.

Players on 2018 Dallas roster:

L.Cambage
S.Diggins-Smith
A.Powers
A.Stevens
A.Gray

Coaching/development is very important...Of course, it would hurt to have players that really want to play for the franchise.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/05/22 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: