Atlanta Dream 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milks26

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney Williams:

https://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams/status/1412275378320781312

https://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams/status/1412299429848231936

"You respect your Vets & Coaches, whether you agree or not." - She's right about that. But, that kind of stuff is taught at your birth house or it should be.

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The absentee landlord owners left the woefully unprepared Renee Montgomery in charge and the result is gonna be dumping our best young player for pennies on the dollar to protect the "authority" of an interim coach who will be out of the league 90 days from now. Mad

It's the landlord, not the coach with 40+ years of experience. But, when the owners fired the GM, which pushed the former head coach out and then elevated folks the players did not sign up to play for creates problems. Renee is all about her brand - her foundation, her being on pod casts, her being on the Hawks broadcast and making sure people "say her name" - she has no business experience, and the owners have been in real estate, not sports, and think they have all the answers. Why was she brought in? Good storytelling for two older white "owners" to have a presence in Atlanta. Would be smart if it were Maya or Dawn Staley, or someone players would respect - but Renee is a joke as an "owner" to others around the league - at all levels. I don't want my people represented for show - I want the best people that can make the team win. Renee is not that person. All that said, CC is a problem child - players around her left at A&M; she switched agents twice already, was kicked out of two overseas obligations in her first year. Some players have talent but don't have the brains to realize it. CW is a trooper, one of the best - may be passionate, but damn, this new ownership group screwed everything up. If they just left things as-is for the first season instead of shuffling the deck 10 days before camp opened and 3 weeks before the first game of the season, it may be a different story. But we fans will never know. The league should learn to vette its new owners better - Larry, Susanne and Renee are a joke of an "ownership group". Oh, and FA should be fun - lots of contracts up for grabs - who will want to stay here in Atlanta?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/06/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I think Reeve and co can get her to shape up. Rennia Davis and 13th pick for Carter?

LVFO seems to do well with troubled players if history speaks , but he has no need for Ken .,

PostPosted: 07/06/21 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
I think Reeve and co can get her to shape up. Rennia Davis and 13th pick for Carter?

LVFO seems to do well with troubled players if history speaks , but he has no need for Ken .,

If people think CWill and Carter are a combustable mix - consider what happens if Carter gets into it with All 18?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/06/21 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So will CC remain with the team or will she be traded before the trade deadline?

PostPosted: 07/06/21 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

If people think CWill and Carter are a combustable mix - consider what happens if Carter gets into it with All 18?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing iCANT STAND YOU #All18

PostPosted: 07/06/21 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
So will CC remain with the team or will she be traded before the trade deadline?

I think they're trying to move her the question is where ?

PostPosted: 07/06/21 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many coaches want a player with her history who just refuses to play when she doesn't get her own way?

Having said that, there's a lot of commentary on social media that this isn't entirely her fault and that the underlying problem is too many ego-driven guards fighting for shots and PT which is going to get worse when Hayes returns.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/06/21 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I think they're trying to move her the question is where ?

Indiana has a nice extra first-rounder I am sure they would be willing to part with ...

tfan

PostPosted: 07/06/21 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There's also the possibility that it's a huge overreaction from a guy who shouldn't be a head coach at this level...

Has he been on the men's side at all? Seems like if someone has male experience they aren't as aghast at things like heated arguments among players.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/06/21 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

They had a guard spot open but just re-signed Banham for the rest of the season. But I agree, Reeve, Pierson, Smith and Brunson make a fearsome foursome that should be able to handle any WNBA bad girls.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/06/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
... Would be smart if it were Maya or Dawn Staley, or someone players would respect - but Renee is a joke as an "owner" to others around the league - at all levels. I don't want my people represented for show - I want the best people that can make the team win. Renee is not that person...

It's not the team Governor's responsibility to "make the team win," much less somebody who might have a less than 1 percent minority stake... Who hired the GM?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/06/21 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Star players and/or coaches beefing in Atlanta is an Olympic tradition.

~lw3

Shades

PostPosted: 07/06/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:

~lw3

Remember that one play when McCoughtry was asking for the ball from Clarendon, and they wouldn’t give it up to her? That was pretty wild.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/06/21 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:

~lw3

Im sure Carter will be in the stands next game watching the dream play to keep the tradition going Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/06/21 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:

~lw3

Remember that one play when McCoughtry was asking for the ball from Clarendon, and they wouldn’t give it up to her? That was pretty wild.

I remember that one for sure. Angel was good enough to get away that sort of stuff. Don't think Carter is yet (if ever.) The new owners must be wondering what in the hell were they thinking when the bought the team.....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/06/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would ya look at this ...sounds too familiar and believable & This tweet is from Chennedy Carters brother... but still just a rumor i guess https://twitter.com/Khristina2334/status/1412455063520481280?s=20

It's to easy to blame someone with a bad wrap , but not the All star on the team . I have 2nd thoughts now

PostPosted: 07/06/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Would ya look at this ...sounds too familiar and believable & This tweet is from Chennedy Carters brother... but still just a rumor i guess https://twitter.com/Khristina2334/status/1412455063520481280?s=20

It's to easy to blame someone with a bad wrap , but not the All star on the team . I have 2nd thoughts now

Also, Courtney Williams has been involved in this kind of thing before. Indeed, that's how she got to Atlanta in the first place.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

The part about calling her agent goes with her supposed refusal to return to the game. I was under the impression that was the reason for her suspension, not the altercation itself, but who knows.

Courtney's tweet in response: "It’s deleted bc it’s CAP. That never happened." I'm assuming she meant CRAP.
vhttps://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams

Milks26

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams/status/1412461445812531205

BamaEd

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is getting messier by the minute. Sounds like this is something that has been brewing for a while. I did see someone on Twitter refer to the Dream as Carter's team. First off, no, it's Tip's team. Second, I'm not even going to try to figure out who's right and who's wrong in this. There's Carter's side, CWill's (or someone else's?) side, and the truth. Third, it sounds like the vet/vets wanted to deal with this internally and Carter didn't.

As for the owners and changes in leadership, it's normal for a new group to change things. Normally it's not done as close to the season, but, it is what it is. They may have thought that the people in charge previously weren't working and changes needed to be made. I don't disagree on the GM. Always an easy one to blame and get rid of. Other front office I'm not as sure on, but low attendance and buzz, you can't have that.

I don't get the Renee hate in all of this. I think she was brought in to give the owners a connection to the league. We don't fully know what her role is exactly anyway in all this. I don't get the immediate ownership hate either. The team needed a new owner, they found them, the team is still around. They may turn out to be awful, or they may turn out to be great. We don't know yet. It's still way too early.

SCook

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The part about calling her agent goes with her supposed refusal to return to the game. I was under the impression that was the reason for her suspension, not the altercation itself, but who knows.

Courtney's tweet in response: "It’s deleted bc it’s CAP. That never happened." I'm assuming she meant CRAP.
vhttps://twitter.com/CourtMWilliams

Courtney meant exactly what she wrote. Cap is slang. She's saying that the tweet was deleted because it's a lie.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has been one of the messiest seasons I can ever remember.

I’m here for A L L of it Laughing

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know emotions are running high and I get it. I’m an emotional person by nature myself. I’ve never personally cared for Chennedy Carter’s style of play either. I am OTOH a fan of Williams’ style of play by comparison.

That said I’m not there and not passing judgment on who’s right or wrong. However, ideally you’d keep this stuff off Twitter. Unfortunately it appears they can’t even talk to each other right now. The thing is though, the more public it gets the more irreparable it seems.

If Atlanta winds up needing to trade Carter, what could they possibly get for her? She’s a point guard in height without the consistent inclination. Who’s going to want to risk upending their team for that? Especially when most teams have fairly stable guard situations. From a talent standpoint she’d help CT, but they’re a slow-paced defense-oriented top-4 team.

I’m not seeing a fit anywhere.

PostPosted: 07/06/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I know emotions are running high and I get it. I’m an emotional person by nature myself. I’ve never personally cared for Chennedy Carter’s style of play either. I am OTOH a fan of Williams’ style of play by comparison.

That said I’m not there and not passing judgment on who’s right or wrong. However, ideally you’d keep this stuff off Twitter. Unfortunately it appears they can’t even talk to each other right now. The thing is though, the more public it gets the more irreparable it seems.

If Atlanta winds up needing to trade Carter, what could they possibly get for her? She’s a point guard in height without the consistent inclination. Who’s going to want to risk upending their team for that? Especially when most teams have fairly stable guard situations. From a talent standpoint she’d help CT, but they’re a slow-paced defense-oriented top-4 team.

I’m not seeing a fit anywhere.

If it is Carter that is traded, I could see Chicago maybe? As a backup for CVS? What low post could they give in return that wouldn't harm their chance at going far in the playoffs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 17 of 23

Jump to: