RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/25/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think they have to waive two when all of Gray, Sabally and Awak are available. Anigwe is hardship so she goes first, but who else?

Correct they have to waive two. Anigwe is not a hardship, but was claimed off waivers into a standard roster spot created by all the suspensions, so could theoretically be kept.

I would still expect Anigwe/Evans to be the most likely options, but at this stage there are others that wouldn't shock me. Alarie is barely playing and has been poor when she has; and Jefferson was benched for their last game for no stated reason (would be expensive to just waive, but might agree a buyout to bring the price down). Anyone else but those four would surprise me, although I suppose someone might give them yet another draft pick for Dungee if they wanted to give up on her this quickly.

PostPosted: 05/25/21 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Got a call from STH rep , asked about Sabally and its pretty much up in the air but the word is dont look for her until 3x3 Qualifiers are done. She’s definitely coming back as soon as possible. Awak currently in quarantine will not suit up tomorrow ...Ill be there though so GO WINGS #WFFL

I missed out, we went to Galveston for a few days. How was the whole process to get into the CPC?

A mess , it was storming and then people were not notifed about the Clear app and needing to sign up in order to gain entry into the arena . A lot of people had to stand out front and download the App and sign up just to enter amongst having to download the AXS app to gain entry for my friends to show their purchased tickets.

Yeah, it would rain...stop, drizzle...stop, cloudy...sun, rain again...stop the whole time!

I noticed on their Twitter page a mention about the "Clear App" and that's what I'm curious about. What is that all about???

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/25/21 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Got a call from STH rep , asked about Sabally and its pretty much up in the air but the word is dont look for her until 3x3 Qualifiers are done. She’s definitely coming back as soon as possible. Awak currently in quarantine will not suit up tomorrow ...Ill be there though so GO WINGS #WFFL

I missed out, we went to Galveston for a few days. How was the whole process to get into the CPC?

A mess , it was storming and then people were not notifed about the Clear app and needing to sign up in order to gain entry into the arena . A lot of people had to stand out front and download the App and sign up just to enter amongst having to download the AXS app to gain entry for my friends to show their purchased tickets.

Yeah, it would rain...stop, drizzle...stop, cloudy...sun, rain again...stop the whole time!

I noticed on their Twitter page a mention about the "Clear App" and that's what I'm curious about. What is that all about???

Its the covid clearance to gain entry to the arena after you have bought your tickets. Must sign up take pictures of yourself your ID and answer questions regarding covid.

PostPosted: 05/25/21 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

So you must have a smart phone to attend a game?

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/25/21 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

That's actually been a big problem here in NY, too. A lot of our STH don't have them. And even if you do, it doesn't help. I have a Galaxy s10 and it doesn't play nice with the Barclays Center app. A lot of COVID-related protocols are unintentionally classist.

PostPosted: 05/25/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Exactly , 2 of my 3 friends who attended did not have an iPhone so they had to sign up on my phone and logout each time so we could all show our credentials and account via clear to the person admitting us. Such a hassle because it obviously is not Android friendly.

PostPosted: 05/25/21 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep hearing from another season tix holder that the W is updating their Covid possibly. Per that person, was supposed to already be done today. I am hopeful things change so we can start bringing people to the game, and hopefully move us back down to our original seats. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of loosening restrictions or is this all just BS?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/25/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I keep hearing from another season tix holder that the W is updating their Covid possibly. Per that person, was supposed to already be done today. I am hopeful things change so we can start bringing people to the game, and hopefully move us back down to our original seats. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of loosening restrictions or is this all just BS?

I've heard after the Olympics that's a possibility. Nothing about it happening before hand , would be GREAT THOUGH Ugh Mad Mad

PostPosted: 05/25/21 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about waiving some of the dead weight and signing Clarendon? She was an all star, scored on drives and dished. I guess once Gray returns, she takes the 3 and Mabrey slides to the one tho.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/25/21 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
What about waiving some of the dead weight and signing Clarendon? She was an all star, scored on drives and dished. I guess once Gray returns, she takes the 3 and Mabrey slides to the one tho.

I thought about her or even Lexie Brown. But, why was Clarendon waived? Was it overall performance or they didn't want her personal issues around?

PostPosted: 05/25/21 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

I thought about her or even Lexie Brown. But, why was Clarendon waived? Was it overall performance or they didn't want her personal issues around?

Since NY was wearing the Black Trans Lives matter warmups last year including Walt Hopkins, I doubt that her being trans is why she was cut.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/25/21 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Since NY was wearing the Black Trans Lives matter warmups last year including Walt Hopkins, I doubt that her being trans is why she was cut.

U never know - sh*t could've just been a cover. maybe they just wanted a diff look at the position. What I do know is the person they have playing point for them leads her team in turnovers

Eagerly anticipating what Dallas is going to do once everyone is available.

PostPosted: 05/25/21 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

No..we have enough offensively challenged PG’s see Jefferson and Harris and who the hell wants Clarendons contract? We’re already stuck with Jefferson’s smh. Now I would take Lexie Brown over both Harris & Jefferson but we have enough prima donnas !!

PostPosted: 05/26/21 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@KuierAwak "I’m happy to finally be here.

I had my first practice today and I’m ready for tomorrow’s game.”

PostPosted: 05/26/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Injury report for
@DallasWings
vs
@AtlantaDream

tomorrow- Moriah Jefferson- Probable, Knee Contusion

https://twitter.com/DorothyJGentry/status/1397652241654366208

PostPosted: 05/26/21 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
@KuierAwak "I’m happy to finally be here.

I had my first practice today and I’m ready for tomorrow’s game.”

Pumped! Hope she fairs better than similarly-aged Shyla Heal has in her first few outings.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/26/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Its the covid clearance to gain entry to the arena after you have bought your tickets. Must sign up take pictures of yourself your ID and answer questions regarding covid.

I wonder how more people are going to feel about having to go through that process once they open seats up to more attendees, especially when you consider the Rangers and Mavs don't require all that but have 3 to 4 times the attendance numbers!!!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/31/21 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/kaylados/status/1399478692016013322?s=21

How long until Dungee is asking out and becomes another Wing flying away

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/31/21 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Ooooop indeed. Razz

It is weird that she’s gotten zero burn while Allisha Gray has been overseas. Who could use Dungee? The Storm don’t really need her, but we could easily create a spot for her by cutting Kiana Williams (a concept I’m now quite supportive of) and trading a 2022 2RP (or two, since we have three) for her.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/31/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

The Wings should be announcing some waivers soon and reactivating Gray & Sabally. Hopefully things become clearer for Coach VJ and actually allows her to see who she has on the roster.

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

The Wings should be announcing some waivers soon and reactivating Gray & Sabally. Hopefully things become clearer for Coach VJ and actually allows her to see who she has on the roster.

Anigwe waived

https://twitter.com/itsBTerrell/status/1400119539103375361

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Anigwe waived

https://twitter.com/itsBTerrell/status/1400119539103375361

1 more to go right ?.....I think it may be Evans Sad Sad Sad

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kind of hard cheese since she was their best post in the previous game. But politics are full of hard cheese.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Kind of hard cheese since she was their best post in the previous game. But politics are full of hard cheese.

Thornton & Alarie looked better Imo. She's physical yes but she had little impact imo last night. Hope this means Sabally is here now !!

PostPosted: 06/02/21 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Thornton & Alarie looked better Imo. She's physical yes but she had little impact imo last night. Hope this means Sabally is here now !!

yeah, it's hard to have any impact when you play zero minutes. But I was talking about the Phoenix game. In general I'm no big fan of Anigwe, she certainly has limitations, but she was in fact the best Dallas post in that game. You'll notice in her 23 minutes the team was +6. And Thornton is a big fav for me, as is Sabally. Neither are centers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 17 of 23

Jump to: