Aces
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
The Aces just got beat by 5 and half players Laughing

Merc starters played 180 minutes. I hope their training staff is ready to work some overtime to get them ready for Sunday!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sequoia Holmes ain't walking through that door. #PitinoGame

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SCook

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="SCook"]
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Just read through this whole thread. Mercury fan whining was cringeworthy.

Y'all have a couple of good games and you're invinceable. NOT.

Congrats to Merc on getting this far with injured/hobbled players playing out of their freaking minds. But the second best team in the league has been doing it all season without their prime player signed out of free agency. Las Vegas has The Point Gawd in Chelsea and you don't. (and yes this does go back to college, when Skylar and Odyssey were annointed 1 & 2 when Chelsea Gray was CLEARLY #1) Have your big injuries young and in college and roar into the pros like a lion.

Giner had been looking like MVP of the post season. But she won't get it if her team doesn't make it to the Finals. Suck it up Merc fans. Her team falling in the semi-finals does not dislodge the league MVP from Jonquel Jones' hands. She won in a LANDSLIDE.

I would like to go back to this. Happy Finals!

Good game. Aces come up short again, what are they missing... Confused

I hope A'ja doesn't get too down on herself though. Just have to learn and grow from it.

I wonder if this beat up Phoenix team has the energy to run with the Sky. Laughing

PickledGinger wrote:
Diana might be the GOAT but she's also really not gotten any more likeable over the course of her career, unfortunately.

The on-court antics (whining to refs, acting, extra contact) are rough, I agree. But in listening to her post-game courtside interview, I can appreciate how complimentary she is of her team and BG. Similar situations with players like LeBron seem to be conversations about the GOAT-candidate themself and what they needed to do to carry their team. It doesn't excuse any of the on-court antics, but it's something I don't usually appreciate about her.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just saying. Griner is the best in the world and should've been MVP. I guess a ring and a finals MVP will have to suffice.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:
It'll be curious to see how the Merc play Game 5. They've been pretty successful running with the Aces but without Nurse or Cunningham they may not have the depth to do that. OTOH if they slow the game down they let out-of-shape Cambage become a factor, unlike the first four games.

For the first half the Merc effectively slowed the game down without Cambage making an impact

When the game is about pace control, it favors the team with the better PG. For all the "Point Gawd" hype, in this game the best was Skylar Diggins.

SDS just needs to be the game managing QB for Phx. That's not a disparaging thing like it is in the NFL. Call her own number from time to time, she'll be fine.

Last edited by ChicagoAnnie on 10/08/21 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
SCook

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago traveled to Vegas and now they have to go to Phoenix.

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
the bad thing if the Merc win is that we have to hear the Merc fans whine for several more games.
😆😂🤣

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
Good game. Aces come up short again, what are they missing... :?

Heart.

Tally24

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yo, this thread is Brittney Spears toxic. Hate that because I miss posting during the game. Kind of.

Now, I just kind of scream at the tv like my dad.
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see at no point will anyone hold Taurasi accountable on court. Just like 2008 when she punched Tina Thompson in the gut and no foul. And Absolutely like 2014 when she pushed off Sloot to score the go ahead basket in the finals. Now in 2021 when there are other stories that fans want to see they are goi g back to the Taurasi in the finals Is a superstar. Sure she is, cuz she gets to do whatever she wants on the court. Tell me why they blew the whistle when she dislodged an unsuspecting Cambage on an out-of-bounds play that they blew the whistle? To do nothing? Good luck Sky playing 5-on-8 plus God knows who else passes down these edicts that Taurasi gets to run around and do whatever the f*** she pleases. Oh yeah, and for the Go ahead 3 BG gets to block the defender like she’s a fullback.

The irritating thing is I love Taurasi. But I can’t stand when the forces the move things favor her to the detriment of other players.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not impressed with that last play. Gray is the clutch shooter and she is taking the ball out, but no one was running to her (hopefully off a screen to get distance from the defender) to toss it right back to her. Or no one is setting a screen for Plum to get open to get a pass. It goes to Wilson who is being guarded by a giant and isn’t far enough away from the basket to maneuver for an open shot.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dena Head ain't walking through that door. #PitinoGame

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I see at no point will anyone hold Taurasi accountable on court. Just like 2008 when she punched Tina Thompson in the gut and no foul. And Absolutely like 2014 when she pushed off Sloot to score the go ahead basket in the finals. Now in 2021 when there are other stories that fans want to see they are goi g back to the Taurasi in the finals Is a superstar. Sure she is, cuz she gets to do whatever she wants on the court. Tell me why they blew the whistle when she dislodged an unsuspecting Cambage on an out-of-bounds play that they blew the whistle? To do nothing? Good luck Sky playing 5-on-8 plus God knows who else passes down these edicts that Taurasi gets to run around and do whatever the f*** she pleases. Oh yeah, and for the Go ahead 3 BG gets to block the defender like she’s a fullback.

The irritating thing is I love Taurasi. But I can’t stand when the forces the move things favor her to the detriment of other players.

Jackie you logged on QUICK.

SCook

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
the bad thing if the Merc win is that we have to hear the Merc fans whine for several more games.
😆😂🤣

Are you ready?!

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Jackie you logged on QUICK.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Chicago traveled to Vegas and now they have to go to Phoenix.

Not a bad idea.

They got themselves out west, now only have an hour flight to Phx.
Better than leaving Chicago Saturday morning.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the Olympic break Phoenix had a 9-10 record and Chicago had a 10-10 record.

I am sure we all had these two teams as finalists.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:

Nobody had these two teams as finalists at the end of the regular season

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
NYSports56

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What an entertaining game! The Aces and Mercury saved the best for last this series. Unfortunately a bonehead foul from my least favorite Vegas player (Riquna Williams) loses it for the Aces.

I'm old enough that it is firmly ingrained in my mind that the Goat is the opposite of the Hero. Either way, The Phoenix Goat's behavior with respect to the officiating is over the top and unsportsmanlike in my book. I'm actually used to seeing worse from her than she was in this series, but that speaks volumes in itself.

That said, wow; what an amazing one-and-a-half-legs performance down the stretch by Taurasi. She just added to her legend in yet another elimination game.

Dearica Hamby was virtually useless this series. Laimbeer reduced the two-time WNBA 6th Woman of the Year's minutes to 16 in Game 4 and only used her 5 minutes tonight.

If we had known in advance that the Aces would outrebound the Mercury 38-29, I think the Mercury fans would have been even more defeatist pre-game!

Can't believe that the announcers mentioned the Kiah Stokes minutes thing! Smile I honestly thought that only I cared. Unfortunately, tonight's were not her best minutes.

Sadded by the outcome, as now all 3 teams I was rooting for in the playoffs were eliminated in their first round of action.

johnjohnW

pilight wrote:
IM in OC wrote:

Nobody had these two teams as finalists at the end of the regular season

I'm just glad the Top 2 Seed advantage has been broken because eits made the last few playoffs unexciting knowing they not matter what the top 2 seeds would make the finals.

pilight

The Aces were undefeated this season when hitting six or more threes. At the half they had five. At the end of the game.....they still had five.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
😆😂🤣

Are you ready?!

Yes. I'm from Wisconsin. So I have plenty of cheese to go with that whine.

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Not impressed with that last play. Gray is the clutch shooter and she is taking the ball out, but no one was running to her (hopefully off a screen to get distance from the defender) to toss it right back to her. Or no one is setting a screen for Plum to get open to get a pass. It goes to Wilson who is being guarded by a giant and isn’t far enough away from the basket to maneuver for an open shot.

I believe Young ran towards Gray towards the top of the key, and her defender didn't follow Young, ignoring her and leaving her wide open.. If Young was going to win the game with a 20-ft jumper, PHO was going to let her Twisted Evil

4.8 seconds, that's cutting it close to pass to Young, then have her pass it back to Gray.. after the cut, all the Aces were stationary, no movement, so Gray just lobbed it into a double-teamed Wilson. Confused

Yeah, expected a better ATO play... And if Young is just going to be a decoy, why not decoy with a 6'8" Cambage? Shocked

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 10/08/21 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: