26%  [ 4 ]
Aces
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/23/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a sick block by Hamby Shocked

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/23/21 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
That was a sick block by Hamby Shocked

Amy Bonner disagrees Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the same announcing duo from the last Aces game. You know where Destiny Slocum was called Brittney Confused

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
This is the same announcing duo from the last Aces game. You know where Destiny Slocum was called Brittney Confused

Yeah, unfortunately we have them for the whole season as announced over on the Aces thread.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why isn't Hamby back in the game?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

good question.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brionna Jones has turned herself into a legit W Center!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

B.Jones has made amazing strides in her game since her rookie season.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut IS the best team in the league.

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
"Jackie Young outside shooter"

Shocked

That's why Bonner is guarding her from 10' away.

mute was activated right after this...

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

that 4 of their 5 games have been on the road is most impressive.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/23/21 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Don't worry, they'll choke in the playoffs. Just like they have the last four years, in a row.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/23/21 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually thought it was huge that Bonner was able to play so far off Young that she could then double in the paint.

Also A'ja couldn't shoot str8...though some of it was JJ's defense.
And I think he used Park too much. They should just go with a three post rotation unless they have a big lead.

Last edited by myrtle on 05/23/21 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/23/21 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

She has been on a minutes restriction as she works her way back from last year's knee injury.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/23/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

She has been on a minutes restriction as she works her way back from last year's knee injury.

ok that explains some of it.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/23/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
If the Sun can get any of the Aces’ main players in foul trouble, they’ll be in good shape – not just because of the Aces’ thin bench, but also cuz Cambage has not gotten herself into shape. Razz

Did Cambage have an injury during the off season that kept her from getting into shape?

No she has trained the last 3 months in LA with a trainer and a group of guys. Doing a lot of 1v1, 3v3 but she hasnt played a actual game since the wnbl season ended. So being in game shape is alot different then being in good shape.

If 15.0 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.00 blocks and 63.3 percent from the field is out of shape, we should all be so out of shape.

Very Happy

All I'm saying is, y'all might be 3-0 instead of 2-1 had she been able to play more than 19:19 in that first game. Wink

I agree that it is kinda frustrating seeing someone capable of being so dominant also being so limited due to lack of preparation.
Hopefully it is something she will build up during the season.

PostPosted: 05/23/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I agree that it is kinda frustrating seeing someone capable of being so dominant also being so limited due to lack of preparation.

I'm not convinced that Cambage picking up two fouls in the first two and a half minutes is a function of poor conditioning.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/23/21 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I'm not convinced that Cambage picking up two fouls in the first two and a half minutes is a function of poor conditioning.

I don't think anyone is claiming that it is. But being limited to 5 minute bursts regardless of foul trouble is far from ideal.

PostPosted: 05/23/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And sure enough, Cambage only played 21:31, finishing with 10 pts on a perfect 3-3 FG, 7 reb, and 4 blk. More notably, she led the team in +/- with a +13. (Meanwhile, A’ja Wilson was a -19; Chelsea Gray was -20.) Granted, she was in foul trouble in the first half – but then again, if she were in better shape, would she have picked up those fouls? 🤔 They probably could’ve used her an extra few minutes in this 7-point loss. And now they’re 2-2 rather than 3-1 or even 4-0.

And in terms of those believing she’s in “the best shape” she’s ever looked, she averaged 25 MPG for Vegas in 2019, and 29 MPG for Dallas in 2018. After this game, she’s at about 21 MPG thus far in this early season. We’ll see how (or if) that progresses.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 05/23/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
It all points to a relatively big win for the Aces, imo, with CT coming off their easy win vs Merc, being on the road, undefeated and w/o January.

And that's why I don't bet on the W!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/24/21 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
And sure enough, Cambage only played 21:31, finishing with 10 pts on a perfect 3-3 FG, 7 reb, and 4 blk. More notably, she led the team in +/- with a +13. (Meanwhile, A’ja Wilson was a -19; Chelsea Gray was -20.) Granted, she was in foul trouble in the first half – but then again, if she were in better shape, would she have picked up those fouls? 🤔 They probably could’ve used her an extra few minutes in this 7-point loss. And now they’re 2-2 rather than 3-1 or even 4-0.

And in terms of those believing she’s in “the best shape” she’s ever looked, she averaged 25 MPG for Vegas in 2019, and 29 MPG for Dallas in 2018. After this game, she’s at about 21 MPG thus far in this early season. We’ll see how (or if) that progresses.

Body wise she looks to be in the best shape that she has ever been. But dont come at her over her weight. Curt Miller called her 300 pounds against a ref in this game and Cambage is one pissed of woman on instagram about it. Get your facts straight Miller its 235 and dont be disrespectful Surprised Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/21 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I understand that it must take a hell of a lot of energy to lug Cambage's bulk around and take the punishment that she does in the paint, this "game shape is different from being in good physical condition" thing is a load of hooey. There are players all over the WNBA right now playing well who haven't played since the end of the WNBA bubble, never mind since the end of the WNBL season like Cambage. Jewell Loyd looks great and didn't go overseas. Diggins-Smith and Taurasi look basically the same as usual in Phoenix. There are a crapload of others.

It's one of those excuses that gets dragged out when someone just can't last, but makes no real sense. At this level, this just is Cambage. Dominant when she's on the floor, but she's always had to have her minutes limited if you wanted her to stay effective.

PostPosted: 05/24/21 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Body wise she looks to be in the best shape that she has ever been. But dont come at her over her weight. Curt Miller called her 300 pounds against a ref in this game and Cambage is one pissed of woman on instagram about it. Get your facts straight Miller its 235 and dont be disrespectful Surprised Laughing

Cambage has no foundation to complain about someone calling her overweight. She got into a verbal altercation with several Sky players a few years ago when she said something negative about Dolson's weight.

PostPosted: 05/24/21 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
While I understand that it must take a hell of a lot of energy to lug Cambage's bulk around and take the punishment that she does in the paint, this "game shape is different from being in good physical condition" thing is a load of hooey. There are players all over the WNBA right now playing well who haven't played since the end of the WNBA bubble, never mind since the end of the WNBL season like Cambage. Jewell Loyd looks great and didn't go overseas. Diggins-Smith and Taurasi look basically the same as usual in Phoenix. There are a crapload of others.

It's one of those excuses that gets dragged out when someone just can't last, but makes no real sense. At this level, this just is Cambage. Dominant when she's on the floor, but she's always had to have her minutes limited if you wanted her to stay effective.

Thanks Richyyy. That is the issue that I was trying to understand when I asked my question about Cambage conditioning earlier in this thread.
Today's modern professional athlete tries to stay in shape the entire year. There is so much competition for jobs now in today's sports market place that an athlete needs to be at their best to get or keep their jobs.

PostPosted: 05/24/21 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

X____

She postures and complains too much for me. Yes, when “engaged” she’s dominant, but too often she’s lagging behind complaining while A’ja, Hamby, etc are down the other end trying to play defense. Now, Taurasi is guilty of this as well sometimes Laughing Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: