RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2024 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/16/24 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
Bueckers just announced she’ll be returning for another year at UConn.

Beat ya! Lol

PostPosted: 02/16/24 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"With the first pick in the 2025 WNBA Draft, the Los Angeles Sparks slect.." See you next summer, Paige. 😄

So Brink and Rickea to LA?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/16/24 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious if Edwards also stays

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/24 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Curious if Edwards also stays

Edwards and Muhl wouldn’t commit to coming back even the under pressure of other Senior Day announcements.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/17/24 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/17/24 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edwards is the X factor for UCONN's bid next season . IF she leaves for the Pro's next year's team will be in trouble even more so in the post. More depth yes but no proven scorers with Brady , Alfy , Patterson , Deberry.

PostPosted: 02/17/24 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which one is the best option for a WNBA prospect. Play five years of college ball or to hire a professional basketball skills trainer to work on your game?

PostPosted: 02/17/24 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have one more hypothetical question for everyone. If the WNBA draft rules were different and a one year college player was allowed to enter the draft. Would Watkins leave school this year with knowledge that LA has the second pick in the draft?

PostPosted: 02/18/24 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I have one more hypothetical question for everyone. If the WNBA draft rules were different and a one year college player was allowed to enter the draft. Would Watkins leave school this year with knowledge that LA has the second pick in the draft?

Whenever Watkins can leave she should she’s the #1 pick of the decade in my opinion and that’s saying a lot .

PostPosted: 02/18/24 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Which one is the best option for a WNBA prospect. Play five years of college ball or to hire a professional basketball skills trainer to work on your game?

If international players could qualify for NIL I think we would see a lot more players like “Aaliyah Edwards, Cardoso saying an extra year”. I’m curious to see how and where Golden state is placed in next years draft .

PostPosted: 02/18/24 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has this year helped Van Lith's draft chances? I think she should enter the portal for a Big 10 team that will play her at point guard. But if not, stay at LSU and develop more point guard ball handling and passing skills.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/22/24 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN with a new mock draft after removing Buecker's from contention once she declared to stay . Interesting pick here at #7 though .... Shocked Shocked Reeve definitely listening to shades right ? Laughing Laughing

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/39570672/wnba-mock-draft-2024-lottery-clark-reese-brink-jackson

Quote:
7. Minnesota Lynx: Nyadiew Puoch
Australia | small forward | 6-foot-3

The Lynx don't have an obvious hole on their roster, so it's likely they will look for the best player available -- even if it's someone who needs time to develop. That could be the case with the 19-year-old Puoch, who is averaging 7.6 PPG and 4.5 RPG for the Southside Flyers in her native Australia.

PostPosted: 02/22/24 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brink and Cardoso would be nice. Twin towers!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/22/24 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't get the appeal of Rickea Jackson that high, but what do I know?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/22/24 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I don't get the appeal of Rickea Jackson that high, but what do I know?

I think its the dropout effect , i think she will have a nice pro career as she has a great mid range game but her defense needs work still drastically. Her motor has been questioned a lot but the same GM's that questioned her motor also questioned Rhyne Howards. Wink

PostPosted: 02/22/24 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't get the Rickea Jackson love either. Not a good three-point shooter, many more turnovers than assists, so she's at best average on the offensive end. Is she a plus-plus defender? It would seem to me she'd have to be to deserve the No. 3 overall pick.

And Cardoso is made for the W.

PostPosted: 02/22/24 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago should change their name to the Chicago Greyhounds as they have proven they are just a Bus Terminal for players. In and out on the next bus available.

I'd guess some of the draftees won't want to go to Chicago and some might even refuse to go. I wouldn't go unless it's a select and trade deal.

Irregardless, IMO, Kardoso would be the best pick at 3.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/22/24 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

And Cardoso is made for the W.

Yes!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/22/24 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn actually gave a good comparison after there game versus UT last week she said "a new age Swoopes" i can see glimpses of that on the offensive end but nowhere near on the defensive end. Although she does rebound pretty well for a 6"2 SF.

PostPosted: 02/22/24 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago traded away the only tall post player they had. If Cardoso is available then she should be drafted with the third pick. Tall, athletic post players are not a common commodity in the WNBA. The Sky can then draft the best player available at the eighth spot. Pili, Sheldon, or Paopao should be available at the eighth spot.

PostPosted: 02/23/24 3:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no eligibility left for pao pao, right?
i think i like her for lynx maybe, especially if she has stellar March/April.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/23/24 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Chicago traded away the only tall post player they had. If Cardoso is available then she should be drafted with the third pick. Tall, athletic post players are not a common commodity in the WNBA. The Sky can then draft the best player available at the eighth spot. Pili, Sheldon, or Paopao should be available at the eighth spot.

Yes I agree they definitely should draft Cardoso at #3 . Overall thought what guards do they have that can really score consistently other than Mabrey & Carter ? They need help everywhere at the moment SF-C have wholes unless they plan on using Harrison at Center .

PostPosted: 02/23/24 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:

I like her but not nearly enough to take her over post players that might be available at #7: Reese, Kitley, and Edwards.

My Top 7 (not necessarily in this order) would be:
Clark, Brink, Cardoso, Reese, Edwards, Kitley, Jackson

The bolded have no choice, but if the rest of those declare, there’s no reason for the Lynx to be unhappy to be sitting at #7. Definitely no filler guards needed and no international players needed at #7.

I used to be okay with the thought of Pili at #7, but not after watching her more closely. She has a bully ball style on offense, but she’s too short to bully at the WNBA level. She relies too much on the fadeaway shots to fall, and she doesn’t offer much on the defensive side. I agree that #8 might be a good spot to experiment with her, but CHI already has a bunch of posts on guaranteed contracts, so don’t expect a lot there.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 02/23/24 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

I like her but not nearly enough to take her over post players that might be available at #7: Reese, Kitley, and Edwards.

The bolded have no choice, but if the rest of those declare, there’s no reason for the Lynx to be unhappy to be sitting at #7. Definitely no filler guards needed and no international players needed at #7.

I used to be okay with the thought of Pili at #7, but not after watching her more closely. She has a bully ball style on offense, but she’s too short to bully at the WNBA level. She relies too much on the fadeaway shots to fall, and she doesn’t offer much on the defensive side. I agree that #8 might be a good spot to experiment with her, but CHI already has a bunch of posts on guaranteed contracts, so don’t expect a lot there.

correct, not pao pao over a really good post... but that's assuming a really good post is still left. i couldn't see reeve taking a player like reese. i don't see edwards or cardoso still available.
i get Kitley's stats and height, but i don't see it translating well to the next level.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/23/24 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

If international players could qualify for NIL I think we would see a lot more players like “Aaliyah Edwards, Cardoso saying an extra year”. I’m curious to see how and where Golden state is placed in next years draft .

There are work arounds for international players re: NIL money. Zach Edey is Canadian, yet he is making about a million dollars playing at Purdue this year.

Of course, the economics would be different, but there are ways to do some things.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/24 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Shades wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

correct, not pao pao over a really good post... but that's assuming a really good post is still left. i couldn't see reeve taking a player like reese. i don't see edwards or cardoso still available.
i get Kitley's stats and height, but i don't see it translating well to the next level.

For Minneapolis to get one of these bigs, one of the prior teams picking must take Jackson or a questionable doozy and then we are clear except for Reeve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

Jump to: